Sports Trivia Game

It is DoY's turn, but in order to keep it going:

Baseball!!!:D

Which two players hit homeruns in 24 consecutive seasons?

When Duke sees this, he can post one up too!

24 seasons!?...must be old timers cuz nobody plays that long anymore.

lets see

Fisk
Ken Griffey SR

there is no way those are correct :D

your hint really narrowed it down for me. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten it. Can't think of a question, someone else go.

Jacques Anquetil was the first man ever to win the Tour de France five times. But he was not the favourite of the french public. There was another famous cycler who was the rival of Anquetil, but allways got second (he actually won it once). And until now, whenever in cycling someone finishes second for many times behind the same rider, everyone jokes, saying that he is the new *******. What was the name of that rider?

OK, I guess there aren't many cycling fans around here. I'm gonna give it another day for atleast an answer.

I think Mcdread means Raymond Poulidor, the eternal second, in that period. (1960's till early 70's) But IIRC he never won the Tour.

Joop Zoetemelk also was quite a number of times second in the Tour for example behind Merckx, van Impe and Hinault and he also deserved the title of "eternal second" for a long time. But Joop did win one Tour, namely in 1980 and therefore lost the right for this title.

:goodjob:
Yes, the answer was indeed Raymon Poulidor, and I induced a litle confusion. What he won once was the Tour of Spain.
Your turn AVN.

I'll stay with the Tour de France, IMHO the biggest sporting event at the moment.
Which four Spaniards did win this round ?

Top Bottom