Spring Patch Info

If we're adding 'information age' great writers, I'd probably vote for Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Kafka as a runner up. If we want someone English language, probably Steinbeck, runner-up Hemingway.

If I'm voting based purely on my fanboyism, I'm voting Douglas Adams.

Sorry. Speculative boredom in action again.

Then again, the title of the thread is "Spring Patch info", but there isn't any info... or anything. Any ideas how to continue the thread with such a drought? (or should we go back to my crazy pseudo-mystic conspiracy theory that the patch is not being released because this thread has turned into something too funny to disable with a patch release... :crazyeye:), thus we close it and see what happens?

We could discuss things not adressed in the patch notes video? What are you guys hoping for the most. Just something small that bugs you will do.

Already noted (adding Stephen Hawking as great scientist and including melee attack for immortals)

I know this is a pipe dream and I know a lot of people hate Emergencies but I think it has a lot of potential and I hope they expand on them. I wish there were more Emergencies and I almost wish there were a mechanism such that only weaker nations get benefitted by them and not stronger nations.

I know this is a pipe dream and I know a lot of people hate Emergencies but I think it has a lot of potential and I hope they expand on them. I wish there were more Emergencies and I almost wish there were a mechanism such that only weaker nations get benefitted by them and not stronger nations.

I'm with you on the concept behind emergencies. I'm sceptical, though, that they can be tweaked enough to be handled efficiently by the AI. Love to be proved wrong.

I also doubt that they're doing much with emergencies this patch, simply because I expect they would have highlighted it, just like they highlighted the expansion of the loyalty system to include religious effects.

I'm going to vote for I hope they fix the Medieval era code errors that assign those modifiers to the Classical era instead and that they fix the Immortals issue that Lauranna noted. Simply because these are the sort of sloppy things that drive me nuts from an operation, and I'd love to believe that the development team is going to start to get on top of them.

Oh yeah, and also that Shaka announces the fixing of the airplane issue by carpet bombing my cities with a wave of bombers before Turn 200 (Deity).

I agree with you. I also think Emergencies show great potential and would like to see them developed rather than eliminated. I agree we need more emergencies. For example, you could have a late game "climate change" emergency where players would have a certain number of turns to either delete their factories or replace them with a new solar plant building. If they fail the emergency, random tiles could turn to desert. I also think that the rewards for the emergencies need to be changed. Right now, it is too easy to win a huge sum of gold for doing almost nothing. For example, many times, I am the only one joining the emergency so I just need to capture a city state or convert a holy city and I literally get thousands of gold just for that one thing. If it were a challenge and the other AIs tried to stop me, I would be ok with winning that much gold, but to get it just for doing one thing with no opposition, is too much.

On the recent PolyCast, they mention the idea of being able to meet with the other potential members of the emergency beforehand. That way you could discuss who was and wasn't planning on joining before you committed or passed.

On the recent PolyCast, they mention the idea of being able to meet with the other potential members of the emergency beforehand. That way you could discuss who was and wasn't planning on joining before you committed or passed.

It might be cool to allow them as a negotiable resource (though it could also further screw things up). "Join this emergency and I'll support your homefront effort with these exotic pigs and turtles!"

Finally started playing my game today after several days hiatus. I really want to see things like commercial hub investment and similar projects auto renew. Normally this isn't an issue for me, because my games end early enough, but my current game is a special project going well past turn 600 (in epic speed). At this point I just want my cities to keep building commercial hub investments or harbor shipping.

Finally started playing my game today after several days hiatus. I really want to see things like commercial hub investment and similar projects auto renew. Normally this isn't an issue for me, because my games end early enough, but my current game is a special project going well past turn 600 (in epic speed). At this point I just want my cities to keep building commercial hub investments or harbor shipping.
Auto-renewing guarding things with your spies would be nice too.

Top Bottom