Spring Patch Info

Wow, the rumors were true? What on earth caused Firaxis to reverse itself? They initially added the melee attack after people (including me) protested that the famous Immortal could not take cities (imagine if samurai couldn't either). Then now, it seems they took it away again. What the Hell.

Howabout the fact that a mekewap can't be built in a forest? :dunno:
That's the one that really bugs me.

I've been to some Iroquois villages that have been maintained, and the construction/principle seems the same right down to the birch bark wrapping, build it in a forest near a body of water (bonus resource). Specifically not on the water though as that discourages the wildlife from claiming the territory, which discourages predators from hunting in the area and messes up nature's equilibrium and drives away your food.
The idea being out of sight, but within reach.
So usually to the east -down wind, and high ground if there is some. Not too close and not too far, ~a few kilometers away, good 10 minute run. The trees were harvested by burning the base with a bon-fire, and the structures needed constant maintenance to replace the shell and supports as they aged and rotted, you would not want to build one far from trees, it would take more energy to maintain than its worth.

Last edited:
+1 for this, and while we're at it lets have Pratchett as a writer. I know this is wishful thinking but it would make me smile.

I would like to see a tongue-in-cheek George R.R. Martin great writer. He creates his first great work as normal but then every time you prompt him to create the final work he keeps teleporting to different Entertainment Districts and Seaside Resorts around your empire for an entire era and you just get intermittent pieces of intrigue that say "Keep Reading".

Hawkings, yes.

Also, there should be either a great writer, a great artist, or even a great merchant, like Jack Kirby or Bill Finger or Will Eisner. You could only have one, otherwise it would be silly. But one would be cool. Particularly someone like Finger, who was almost rubbed out of history.

Would love Brandon Sanderson as great writer, but he's still alive and writing at his standard breakneck pace.

I want Firaxis to honor Hawking too. And I want them to add the Immortal melee attack back. It was the main thing that made the Immortal unique, both historically and ingame.

Wow, the rumors were true? What on earth caused Firaxis to reverse itself? They initially added the melee attack after people (including me) protested that the famous Immortal could not take cities (imagine if samurai couldn't either). Then now, it seems they took it away again. What the Hell.

And I want them to add the Immortal melee attack back. It was the main thing that made the Immortal unique, both historically and ingame.

And OP :p
Game first, exact replication of history second.

I won’t be satisfied until Tom Clancy is in the great writers list

If there's a modern "great writer" it'll be someone like Anne Rice or Steven King or Rowling. None of these are my favorites but "great" in terms of quality is harder to quantify than popularity or influence.

I wish they put George R. R. Martin and his unfinished Game of Thrones books. :p
About the patch. Last night I had a dream that was out.
I was very sad when I woke up.
Talk about being obsessed with this game. :goodjob:

Started a Khmer culture game yesterday and not sure if I want the patch yet. My missionaries do because I’m basically murdering them all

like Anne Rice or Steven King or Rowling

They are still alive (though I'm not sure about Rice as I'm not familiar with her work) I think it's best to keep people who are alive out of the running. At least Clancy is dead, along with Hawking.

Haha, yeah at least there's that. From the interviews I've heard from him he's maybe one of the most unpleasant people in recent memory.

I would not want to be in the same room with Van Gogh and Gaughuin.

If anyone wants to add greatest chessplayers of all time as great artists that would be great. It could span more then one era :thumbsup:

Top Bottom