Spring Patch Info

Hello everyone, longtime Civ player first time poster here. I’ve been playing this game for 25years. I’m so disappointed in the R&F updates. I like to play as England. Here are my beefs with this last announcement on England.

1) I would like to see them work on their map generation. I rely on some of the mods to help generate a halfway decent map. Not just turtles!
2) England, never had an empire under Victoria (we were the United Kingdom by then). Elizabeth should be the leader or Henry VIII
3) You nerfed an already unplayable nation, the unique units are pretty hard to get. By the time youve researched the tech for the privateers other civs have better tech anyway and they do nothing much for you. You can’t upgrade your free melee to redcoats so that’s a waste of free melee untis. Now we get more useless melee units with this new update.
4) Why get a free melee untit for building a dockyard anyway. That’s just LAZY coding and thinking. It’s a dockyard it builds and docks ships it should be a free bloody SHIP. Make the privateers better and give us an upgrade route to these units quicker.
5) The trade routes with RNDY and commercial hub managed to keep you in the game, not only have they been decimated by Fraxis removing the doubling up on RNDY and commercial hub, but they are now incumbent on building a bloody lighthouse. We have to work even harder to get half the trade.

Last edited:
4) Why get a free melee untit for building a dockyard anyway. That’s just LAZY coding and thinking. It’s a dockyard it builds and docks ships it’s should be a free bloody SHIP. Make the privateers better and give us an upgrade route to these units quicker.

A free Sea Dog?!

Yes! :D

(But they're bloody useless anyway...I've only ever captured 3-4 ships total in 3000hrs of Civ VI gameplay)

Someone remind me please? :D
How long did we have to wait for the last patch after the preview video got released?

Three days. I'm leery of calling this one because qa build updates have been so sparse. Maybe Tuesday. Maybe Thursday. Maybe the week after. Probably not as late as May.

Just actually watched the video. It doesn't seem like their joint war fix will work the way most people want it to. Most people recognize the problem is that the AI declares tons of joint wars on you for no reason. Firaxis' response seems to be "now joint wars CAN use a CB". Anton didn't say require. The AI has clearly demonstrated that it doesn't care that it doesn't have a CB, it still declares lots of joint wars anyway. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think this update will stop the AI spamming joint wars all the time, unless I'm misinterpreting the video..
I'd prefer it if 2 Civs couldn't declare a joint war unless both had the same CB available against the target.

Seriously, am I the only one who would like to know the name of 'the AI guy'. He's kind of a hidden star in a lot of conversations here.
But I'm also afraid that even in this forum's crowd which is high quality some would not resist transfering their frustration on him ,so maybe not a good idea.

He's listed in the like the first 30 seconds of the credits if you want to know. He's listed as one of the 4 designer/programmers as well, giving the impression he hasn't even been a dedicated AI resource for the whole process (here, help us create the base gamplay, okay that's finished and you drew the short straw, now you can start on the AI).

I'm also mildly curious if 'Matthew Beach' is related to Ed or if that's just a coincidence.

4) Why get a free melee untit for building a dockyard anyway. That’s just LAZY coding and thinking. It’s a dockyard it builds and docks ships it’s should be a free bloody SHIP. Make the privateers better and give us an upgrade route to these units quicker.
More redcoat spamming to patrol the both the city and the dockyards. Until a tea party happens. :mischief:

I'm also mildly curious if 'Matthew Beach' is related to Ed or if that's just a coincidence.

I hope it's just coincidence. Nepotism would explain a lot of the questionable quality. And yes, it happens in the private sector also, a lot more than you might think...

I hope it's just coincidence. Nepotism would explain a lot of the questionable quality. And yes, it happens in the private sector also, a lot more than you might think...
It seems like half my coworkers are either the company president's direct relative, an in-law, or someone he went to high school with. :(

Top Bottom