1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spring Patch Info

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Apr 11, 2018.

1. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Deity

These are minor but welcome changes. Especially the new religion-loyalty relationship.

I haven't gone back to my (Spain religious) game because... life.

2. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly King

Zombie Kid: "I like turtles"
    Anton Strenger: "We're adding more turtles"

:lol:

Ozymandias9891 likes this.
  3. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Sounds like religion only impacts loyalty if you found a religion. I like they’ve linked religion and loyalty at all, but limiting to where you’ve founded a religion is disappointing.

If it was instead linked to your majority religion it would create three interesting dynamics. First, if you didn’t have a religion, you could deliberately boost your own cities loyalty by ensuring they follow one faith but at the risk of boosting another civ’s religious victory chances. Second, if you found a religion, and successfully spread it to another civ, you might boost their loyalty as a consequence. Third, either way, you could actively undermine another civ’s loyalty by spreading any old religion to them.

Maybe that was too hard to implement.

4. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Warlord

Late to the discussion. A few things:

1. When I read everything on religion and loyalty -- I thought about this not just as a "defensive" tactic to boost loyalty, but to use as an "offensive" weapon to disrupt loyalty to nearby cities.

In looking at the video snippet -- it appears that the boost is only if cities are following your founded religion. I hope that is not the case -- as it will put even more emphasis on founding a religion and will be a handicap for those civs that do not prioritize religion founding (or can't). I would have liked that there was a loyalty mechanic that was focused on your majority religion. This would allow for better -and more strategic- play.

2. Avoiding the England discussion, but certainly can emphasize with the microbuffing.

3. I really hope the patch notes continue to move the ball forward on gameplay and AI. Even if microsteps. But afraid it will be just that -- microsteps.

I'm waiting for final patch notes, but it feels like this was a completely reactive patch.

Jkchart, bonafide11 and acluewithout like this.
  5. Casualty of war

Casualty of war Prince

I don't get why everyone thinks England got nerfed so terribly. The new version does suggest, even railroad, a line of play though. If you build a bunch of RNDY and choose the Era option in the Classical for Harbors give Beakers, you will blow past the AI in tech. Slot the +100% adjacency bonus card for Harbors and away you go, Hammers and Beakers and Gold.

The biggest kick in the pants is if your starting location can see two continents then you have to find a third before you get your Pax on.

6. Magma_Dragoon

Magma_Dragoon Reploid

or let us pick which religion is our state religion like in civ 4 and use that for loyalty and a diplo interaction

CPWimmer, nzcamel and acluewithout like this.
  7. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

In Civ 5, you needed the ability to bribe neighbours not to attack you by distracting them with a different target. It should have been very expensive, because it was very, very helpful.

In Civ 6, I'm thinking a fair price to avoid an AI "attack" would be, what? 10 GP per turn in the Ancient Era? 1 GP per turn in the Classical Era? 1 GP total from the Medieval Era on?

A free land melee unit when you found a foreign continent city, a free naval melee unit when you build RND on a foreign continent would, indeed, seem much more flavourful than a free melee unit for both.

Ozymandias9891 likes this.
  8. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

I remember bribing Shaka with 3 gold (not per turn) to attack Genghis, on deity. Modern era.

Ozymandias9891, Civrinn and Duuk like this.
  9. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

Founding religion will be negative, since it will reduce the loyalty of your newly-conquered cities(They are not very likely to follow your founded religion when being conquered I guess.), making things even worse.

It will increase the loyalty of already loyal cities around your holy city, this bonus does not have effect actually. +20 and +23 are basically the same.

Softly likes this.
  10. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

Unless I have missed some feature entirely, that sounds new (have not viewed the video).

Siptah likes this.
  11. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Yes, it should have, but it wasn't. And indeed it was superhelpful, but... it felt very cheap... in every sense of the word :)

No no, that would be very unfair towards the AI. As things are now, post Classical AI should never ever declare any kind of war on human player, unless the player bribes the AI with an expensive tribute to do so.:lol:

12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Another qa build update a few hours ago, a little over 24 hours from the one previous. This might be the sign I was looking for that the final week of qa has begun. Chances of next week are looking stronger.

nzcamel and RohirrimElf like this.
  13. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018
    Zuizgond likes this.
  14. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

As if golden ages weren't easy enough to get already... they feel they need to add more points for national parks and finishing all buildings in a district?...
    Loyalty penalties only makes founding a religion too much trouble on deity.... (since you need to defend it, and frankly, I'd rather purchase settlers and builders with my faith)...
    England? Well I suppose the buff is better than nothing... but still... how about bonus to coastal housing? They still feel underpowered.

Casus belli in joint wars? Since when did the AI ever care about not having Casus Belli (they can just do normal surprise war)? It still doesn't solve the t10+ sudden death surprise war problem. Wish they'd do something about buffing palace guard strength.

15. pietro1990

pietro1990 Prince

Joint Wars will require casus belli

does that mean that you can only use a joitn war if you denouced the partner? That would be good no more random joint wars and then ask for peace when they are friendly

16. historix69

historix69 Emperor

If it is too easy, adjust numbers ...

Spoiler :

1. Expansion1_GlobalParameters.xml
    <GameInfo>
    <GlobalParameters>
    <Replace Name="DARK_AGE_SCORE_BASE_THRESHOLD" Value="12" />
    <Replace Name="GOLDEN_AGE_SCORE_BASE_THRESHOLD" Value="24" />
    </GlobalParameters>
    </GameInfo>

2. Expansion1_Eras.xml
    <GameInfo>
    <Eras_XP1>
    <Row EraType="ERA_ANCIENT" GameEraMinimumTurns="40" GameEraMaximumTurns="60"/>
    <Row EraType="ERA_CLASSICAL" GameEraMinimumTurns="40" GameEraMaximumTurns="60"/>
    <Row EraType="ERA_MEDIEVAL" GameEraMinimumTurns="40" GameEraMaximumTurns="60"/>
    <Row EraType="ERA_RENAISSANCE" GameEraMinimumTurns="40" GameEraMaximumTurns="60"/>
    <Row EraType="ERA_INDUSTRIAL" GameEraMinimumTurns="40" GameEraMaximumTurns="60"/>
    <Row EraType="ERA_MODERN" GameEraMinimumTurns="40" GameEraMaximumTurns="60"/>
    <Row EraType="ERA_ATOMIC" GameEraMinimumTurns="40" GameEraMaximumTurns="60"/>
    </Eras_XP1>
    </GameInfo>

3. Sample Code for Mod
    Code:
    UPDATE Eras_XP1 SET GameEraMinimumTurns = GameEraMinimumTurns*2;
    UPDATE Eras_XP1 SET GameEraMaximumTurns = GameEraMaximumTurns*5;

update GlobalParameters set Value = "40" where Name = "DARK_AGE_SCORE_BASE_THRESHOLD";
    update GlobalParameters set Value = "80" where Name = "GOLDEN_AGE_SCORE_BASE_THRESHOLD";

17. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Just waffle. Having tried to play this strategy over 20 times is is just ridiculously pointless.
    Sometimes you do not stat on the coast and when you do there is rarely more than 1 good location if that.
    good Harbor adjacency is not that common
    It forces era point chasing as you need double golden age
    When you come out of the double golden age your science drops way off.
    It forces a leaf node and additional slot usage for an already weak strategy

It’s a super conditional, luck reliant half game strategy I have desperately been trying to get consistency or longevity from. It just is a weak start that slows you down. Of course you can still win, so what.

PeterChu, Enragedguy and acluewithout like this.
  18. Inlex

Inlex Warlord

Dordrecht, Netherlands / Tilburg, Netherlands
    "We'll have a full list of changes, once the update goes live"
    =
    "We'll post generic statements about things we changed. But we're not telling you what was changed exactly."

will probably be a note somewhat like: "Base YEILD from palaces changed if your city is a number of tiles away from turtles or an Amanitore religious unit."

/sarcastic

Zuizgond likes this.
  19. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Spoiler :
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-13 um 10.20.11.jpg

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  20. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Any chance this comes out today? I am reluctant to start a new game until the patch comes out.