Spring Patch notes

Could someone please check if The norweigen Berserker still say 7/7 damage when you create a game?

It does for me. I wonder if its simply something they missed, or if my update is buggy.

This is a known issue, only in text, and does not effect combat. At this time, Berserkers actually seem combat useful (if sill inconvenient).

This is a known issue, only in text, and does not effect combat. At this time, Berserkers actually seem combat useful (if sill inconvenient).

Thank you. Funny, I was using this to make sure if I had the update or not :p.

No idea how I got the update without steam saying anything, but I have it. And it seams to work with alot of mods too....very confusing. =)

It seems they “fix” 2 or 3 major complaints from this forum in each patch, or at least awknowledge it. Maybe the summer patch will address Military Tech and air units if we keep asking for it. England got adjusted (not fixed) this time because it was constantly talked about and universally wanted

I think the above is correct, and it’s kind of what has really cheesed me off finally.

It’s clear Firaxis have heard certain comments about England, Georgia, and some other Civs and units. But the “fixes” are rubbish, and don’t seem to be responsive to the comments the community was making at all.

England is egregious - it got stuffed when R&F was first released, stuffed again in the March Patch, and the latest fix doesn’t actually address any of he problems and just makes them more of a muddle.

I’m glad Medieval Melee was fixed, but why weren’t Pikes? Why not Military Tactics? It’s really only half a fix.

And why hasnt cede left as is? I don't care that much about it really, but Sarah did tweet about it, so it’s on their radar somewhere. And yet it’s left as is, even thought how it works is absurd.

I keep thinking how long it took Firaxis to fix Anti-Cav and Agoge. I honestly can’t get my head around it.

I’d have some more patience if we at least had some explanation of some decisions, or an indication things were on their radar. It may well be just a question of resources or balance considerations I don’t understand. But at the moment it just feels arbitrary and half-cocked.

Grr. Sorry. I’m afraid some of my comments might wrongly come from some sense of entitlement, which is not okay. It’s a game, they’re a business, and that’s the end of it. Other people clearly enjoy the game in its current state and like different Civs to me. From the ‘things to fix poll’, everyone’s chief concern appears to be aircraft, which I respect entirely, but it suggests what’s bugging me is a minoritynissue.

Ultimately, I can mod the game myself (not easy really) or instead play something else or just do something else with my time entirely or just get over it. But it is just very frustrating to have something that could be great fun, but is off for what seems like arbitrary reasons.

AI seems much better at fighting each another from my current game, which is good.

Greece took out two civilization on her continent and she's keeping up with me in science and culture into the atomic era.

In total, I had 18 civilization and six were destroyed and I only destroyed one. I like seeing that.

AI seems much better at fighting each another from my current game, which is good.

Greece took out two civilization on her continent and she's keeping up with me in science and culture into the atomic era.

In total, I had 18 civilization and six were destroyed and I only destroyed one. I like seeing that.

I am noticing this as well. I normally run the AI+ mod, but since its patch, I turned off all mods. The AI really doing quite well. Both in combat and city management. So far.....I am quite impressed =).

What about adding the ability to see my current deals? Past deals? You know a trade screen?????
Like we had in Civ3, Civ4, & Civ5?

Why is it so hard to get any basic functions in Civ6????

ITS TWO YEARS SINCE RELEASE!!!!! And I still don’t have a trade screen????

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

Oh and while I’m at it....

Why oh why for the love of god am I denounced for having a different government EVERY GAME!!!! It’s totally ******ed. And makes a mockery of the concept of AI! There is no Intelligence in this game!

Oh and one more...

What’s with the utterly weird, moronic & generally WTH comments the leaders make from time to time? I mean why was someone tasked to add this ghastly use of resources that just hurt my brain to watch a ‘AI’ leader spout...

I feel embarrassed for the leaders that they would use such idiotic comments...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a little underwhelmed by the Spring patch. But the game feels less buggy.

I've played 3300+ hrs of Civ VI so I think Civ fatigue is setting in ;)

One thing I noticed right away was that when you meet a new civ, they might be unhappy to you right from the start and make sending a delegation impossible.

Damn, the early Deity rush is a lot harder to counter. Even as Nubia with OP archers. Alexander sent wave after wave of multiple units. Felt like chariots and his UUs arrived a lot quicker and were much more relentless at attacking my cities.
The game before I even lost my capital against Scotland because a horseman came out of nowhere very early. I tried to bait it with a wounded unit and an unprotected builder but it went straight for my capital and captured it. I'm impressed. :goodjob:

I noticed Nubia did a much better job than normal of rebuilding a military after I destroyed a wave of units. Normally, following that I would be able to sweep in and grab everything I wanted with only mild contest. This time, she produced a second wave stronger than the first that shut me down on her second city. My only choice was to sue for peace with only one city gained. If she had refused she would have wiped out my overextended units, retaken the soon to flip due to loyalty city, and pushed in on several of my weaker cities.

Samurai: 160 hammer for 48 strength, no malus when damaged, at least its strength comparable to Knight now, if its movement being further enhanced it may be useful.

Berserker: 50 strength attack, 35 when defending, why still so bad? As a comparison, Crouching Tiger grants 50 when attack and 30 when defending, but does not receive counterback when attacking.

Samurai: 160 hammer for 48 strength, no malus when damaged, at least its strength comparable to Knight now, if its movement being further enhanced it may be useful.

Berserker: 50 strength attack, 35 when defending, why still so bad? As a comparison, Crouching Tiger grants 50 when attack and 30 when defending, but does not receive counterback when attacking.

Apples to oranges. The Berserkes has 4 movement when on enemy territory and can move freely from land to water without embarking or disembarking penalty. And both have a different promotion tree.

I noticed Nubia did a much better job than normal of rebuilding a military after I destroyed a wave of units. Normally, following that I would be able to sweep in and grab everything I wanted with only mild contest. This time, she produced a second wave stronger than the first that shut me down on her second city. My only choice was to sue for peace with only one city gained. If she had refused she would have wiped out my overextended units, retaken the soon to flip due to loyalty city, and pushed in on several of my weaker cities.

This right here is very very encouraging. AI on higher levels was always decent at making that initial push when they declared war, but once you've defended your cities and destroyed the invading force it was far too easy to just go on the offensive and mop up their cities. So frustrating to see the AI build a builder or wonder while their cities are under siege and even a single crossbow could have saved them.

So no AI Airforce tweaks. Really? Firaxis, I'm astonished.
I've seen a report here on this forum that air force is being used, and to success (as in intercepting nukes no less).

From the ‘things to fix poll’, everyone’s chief concern appears to be aircraft, which I respect entirely, but it suggests what’s bugging me is a minoritynissue.

Possibly it's just that many players see some other issues, such as the aircraft one, as more pressing immediate problems, but still agree with you that the issues you've raised should be addressed.

For me, the aircraft issue is the biggest one because it rolls up a number of broader issues into a single topic:
  • The ability of the AI to be a threat to your plans after the Ancient era.
  • The "sameness" of combat throughout the game, unlike Civ 5, for example, where the nature of combat changed dramatically with technological advancements.
  • The excessive cost of building modern military units versus investing in a few warriors, slingers, and chariots and then upgrading them throughout the whole game.
  • Having a key subsystem of the game that the AI doesn't use, which in turn prevents the player from making use of intended game features (in single player). Who loves America's P-51s? Aren't they a great way to shoot down the AI's bombers? So much better than any other civ's fighters.
  • It's been a known issue since the game was launched and has received apparently zero attention. I say apparently because I don't know if they've tried to fix it and realized it was too big a project or if the development team just hasn't turned their minds to the issue.
  • It was something that worked really well in Civ 5, and so it's an obvious downgrade versus the prior game in the series. I know they run on different engines and so the logic from the prior game can't just be ported over, but the AI has been dramatically weakened in Civ 6 and this is as good a place as any to start building it back up.

I don't understand this.

Might have something to do with AI units persistently trying to go somewhere they can't get to. Though right after the patch I have Khmer settler standing near Japanese capital, seemingly waiting for me to remove my city from the spot they want to settle :D

Or rather not, as it mentions 'highlighting', so that's something UI...

I don't understand this.

Might have something to do with AI units persistently trying to go somewhere they can't get to. Though right after the patch I have Khmer settler standing near Japanese capital, seemingly waiting for me to remove my city from the spot they want to settle :D

Or rather not, as it mentions 'highlighting', so that's something UI...

Certain units - Spec Ops, Bombers - have the ability to target Support Units even when stacked with another military unit. This feature is what the game calls "Priority Target".

I'm glad to see that so far nobody found any new major bug. The last few patches all came with a brand new game breaking bug or resurrected an old one that was already fixed. Seems like the delay to release the patch paid off.

What about adding the ability to see my current deals? Past deals? You know a trade screen?????

That's one of the things that I miss the most, it's impossible to manage deals. I used to register my deals in a notepad and memorize when the next deal was going to end, since the game doesn't notify when a deal end and once it end it's gone, no way to check what the deal was. That's terrible if you rely heavily on luxuries trade for amenities. Now I use the Better Report Screen and the Deal Expired Notification mods, which is a lot better but still, no way to check past deals. It feels like whoever built the report screen never tried to use it.

I'm glad to see that so far nobody found any new major bug. The last few patches all came with a brand new game breaking bug or resurrected an old one that was already fixed. Seems like the delay to release the patch paid off.

Alert didn't break again surprisingly. I think the previous pattern was that it'd only work in every second version :D

Now maybe they can finally make my religious units wake up when another civ's religious unit is passing by?

Top Bottom