1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spring Patch notes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 9, 2018.

1. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

If you got stuff left to chop by the time you get capitalism, you ain't doing it right. :nono:

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  2. Temppu

Temppu Warlord

Buffing is more complicated than nerfing balance-wise. Id probably preferred having Groundbeaker as 2nd (or at least 1st) promotion so youd need to invest in it to gain the benefits.

nzcamel, Bosque, KAL_MAD and 2 others like this.
  3. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

It always feels like they're afraid to make changes. Like, I understand that sometimes you don't want to go too crazy changing every bonus from 20 to 25, But there's a ton of policy cards in the game and they only changed 3 of them total? No change to the horrible food market or other late game buildings? You have time, feels like it shouldn't take more than a couple days to run a balance pass over the policies and have at least a couple more tweaks.

acluewithout likes this.
  4. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Overshooting is a risk, so I get the tendency towards incremental nerfs/buffs. Play balancing is tough when you're also developing the game, so I also get why they look to the community to give them feedback on what's most egregiously in need of a fix. Perhaps the onus should be on us to form some type of consensus on which policies should be adjusted and why and publicize that loudly.

As for the food market and tier 3 buildings, my hope is they've left these alone until a broader pass at the late game balance can be made. If the next expansion has a late game focus, maybe these buildings get a new treatment then. Just buffing their current bland and underwhelming effects might be better than the status quo, but there's so many interesting things that could be done with these buildings, I hope they're just holding off until they can explore other alternatives.

5. ghost88

ghost88 Warlord

If using Steam you can always go offline till you finish your current game.

6. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

Religious loyalty is a huge buff to Spain (which I am currently plying in my hotseat game... I hope it gets through the patvh okay).

MisterBoomBoom likes this.
  7. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

It's a nice synergy but no longer being able to link religious units to your Conquistadors makes the whole thing a bit cumbersum.
    Edit: remembered it wrong, don't need a religious unit near for the conversion, only for the combat bonus.

Craig_Sutter likes this.
  8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

that's welcome, but still no mention of the DLC load order bug here or on other social medias ?

9. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

The March Developer's Update fixed that for me. Afaik, only Mac's are still affected by it since they're behind on patches.

10. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

This. Victor is still basically useless.

11. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Warlord

Biggest disappointment: No change concerning the mass destruction of city states by the AI in the first 50 rounds of a game.
    I really would like to play WITH city states again.

cinattra and Exterrestrial like this.
  12. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

I'm definitely excited to try the patch.

I think the most interesting question is how the AI handles these new joint wars and what new opportunities do I have as a player?
    Loyalty flipping with a religion might be fun too.
    The changes to tier3 governments are also very welcome and finally the AI won't prioritize Monarchy anymore. Other AI bug fixes are also appreciated

Magnus however, oh dear. Overflow chopping is still broken. This doesn't fix anything but it was the most predictable change. So I'm disappointed but not surprised. At least, it's a step in the right direction.

13. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

Nothing really objectionable here but nothing I feel makes any substantive difference either. The one change I do strongly dislike is tying religion to loyalty - at least it's done on a 'founded religion' rather than a 'majority religion' basis, but that just further disincentivises founding a religion. AI religion spam makes this change an active liability for a religious civ.

Most of all I wonder why they were sitting on this for so long, given that the main features were leaked some time ago and nothing much extra seems to have been added. There's also no accompanying DLC release they needed to wait on, somewhat surprisingly.

acluewithout likes this.
  14. The Highwayman

The Highwayman Warlord

None of the nerfs are bad at all. I expected Magnus to go from 100-50%, so it could've been a lot worse. Korea's nerf wasn't that bad either.
    The Unique Unit Elimination Thread owes the Immortal a recount.
    I didn't realize Georgia's awful Walls could sometimes be unaffected by the Limes policy. I knew they were bad but...wow.
    Welcomed buffs to the Military Tactics Units, but the no upgrade thing is still an issue. Still, they're trying.
    Nice balance to the tier three governments...but what about tier 2?

15. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Victor is for multiplayer, or for that long awaited day when post-ancient era attacks by the AI have teeth. There's nothing wrong with Victor's abilities if being attacked was dangerous.

nzcamel, tzu and Ozymandias9891 like this.
  16. bbbt

bbbt Emperor

I thought they addressed that in the previous patch?

17. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Yeah, my last game I think all the city-states lasted. The current one I've seen a few more fall, but they've been spread out over the first 100+ turns of the game, not all falling before turn 25.

18. Abraxis

Abraxis Emperor

I'd like there to be an indicator for captured city states to make them more obvious, so you don't have to memorize the whole name list and scan the map to find them all if you're interested in freeing them. There should be like a big colorful shape next to their names at all times no matter who is in control.

19. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I wonder if we'll be able to abuse the change in AI consideration of districts from other cities with regards to encampments.

20. Mojo85

Mojo85 Warlord

If I start a new game with no mods enabled do you think the patch will be applied when released but the save not broken? Never had a patch applied without also having mods installed.

Kind of sour because I have a good Nubia game going now and know it will be unusable because of mods (CQUI especially)