1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spring Patch notes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 9, 2018.

1. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

Is the patch live?

2. snoochems

snoochems Prince

Doesn't appear to be - I haven't played since release - and was just thinking of starting a new game and wanted to know if there were any patches - it's annoying to want to try the game again and knowing that a new update is mere hours (hopefully minutes) away.

3. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

They do it right way, announcing the patch a day before release, so people who dislike it could disable update.

tzu and Trav'ling Canuck like this.
  4. Flaxton

Flaxton Warlord

A loyalty buff promotion to Victor would make him useful.

Pietato, Ever Adrift and acluewithout like this.
  5. gozpel

gozpel Couch-potato (fortified)

I don't understand people saying chopping should be worth nothing? Chopping has been in Civ forever and now we can finally chop jungles too, which make me very pleased!

If chopping trees would give you nothing, but waste a turn for a worker, then why stop there? You can use Magnus for getting extra food and shields from other tiles as well. So no more harvesting animals and stones, copper etc? Then Magnus would be pretty useless, unless you want to build a settler.

I think that kind of discussion is just plain silly, as the feature has been in the game a very long time. Magnus is nerfed, good enough! To start over the overall game mechanics that has been sitting there for years and years, won't make the game more fun.

And btw, all lumberjacks in the world would riot against thoughts like that.:

cinattra and Ever Adrift like this.
  6. Ever Adrift

Ever Adrift Warlord

Definitely agree on Spain - and it would take much. Not sure how I feel about your recommendation for Poundmaker, in part because a couple of the mods I use give all civs an extra starting warrior and scout, but also because for some reason Poundmaker already feels somewhat OP - I've had more success with them than any other civ. The early trade route with it's expansionist abilities can allow for a surprisingly powerful start (using them to cut off strategic parts of the relatively-nearby map). The Mekewap is insane, akin to Indonesia's Kampung but even more useful because it's not likely to be hampered by map type and starting location. The alliance visibility ability is surprisingly powerful, too. Given the ability to get that Scout to it's 3rd promotion relatively easy, maybe they ought to leave the Cree alone for the moment...

However, I bet there is a pretty good consensus around Spain, Norway and Georgia at the very least.

Weraptor likes this.
  7. Sostratus

Sostratus Emperor

I have wanted this for a long time and am very pleased. Finally- liberation will be more useful than clearing my Warmonger score!

nzcamel likes this.
  8. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Thanks

9. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

I have more of an issue with the timing, you can completely deforest the world before you can even build a lumber mill. Seems kindda odd, but I really don't know how efficient ppl were at chopping down forests in ancient times. It seems to me it wouldn't really become a thing until the Industrial Revolution.

nzcamel likes this.
  10. SaiH

SaiH Warlord

Well, I appreciate the changes and updates but the persistant ignorance of the flaws in an essential lategame feature like air combat really does sadden me.

11. LuckyAC

LuckyAC Immortal

Chopping is fine - overflow is overpowered and illogical. If you built too many ship parts at double speed, how do you turn that into the Colosseum?

nzcamel, bbbt, Bosque and 2 others like this.
  12. ThERat

ThERat Deity

Oh, the Romans chopped the entire Mediterranean for their ships and other stuff. Have you ever been to Italy?

nzcamel and tzu like this.
  13. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

nzcamel and Noble Zarkon like this.
  14. Ever Adrift

Ever Adrift Warlord

The history of deforestation, and communal - then state - efforts to control it in societies around the world and throughout all of recorded history is actually really fascinating...

I'm such a geek...

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  15. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly King

Just to be clear, I don't mean the govt. or economic policies of capitalism, rather the ethos of capitalism...

...pillage, plunder, exploit. That is the chop.

The chop gave birth to capitalism :)

16. gozpel

The thing with chopping, it has been in the game forever. You can use it when you need it or have to remove that jungle for a campus.

If you use chops early, they are poor. But on deity even a poor chop can save you.

With Magnus downgraded, he still have the strength to chop stuff, if you use your cards right.

Getting nothing from chops is just so stupid, it's there and has been forever. This irks me!

17. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

At this point I suspect they can't fix this problem. Are there any mods that fix it?

Also check out the book Collapse by Jared Diamond to read about specific cases of deforestation, he mostly goes into the Mayans and Easter island.

18. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Just use the walls for city-states mod. TCS.

Duuk likes this.
  19. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly King

Easter island is interesting. Islands in themselves are very revealing. E.g: Galapagos to Darwin (evolution).

Apart from the Easter Island Polynesians most indigenous peoples avoided the chop only to conserve/preserve resources for other civilisations to plunder instead :undecide:

20. gozpel

De-forestation has been with humans after they stopped walking on four limbs. The rate of de-forestation today is alarming. Usually in poor countries, but then...

We have big companies from US and Germany, that want all that wood now, so they can make a profit. Don't forget China, they are late on this train, but they will cut down anything bigger than a flower, to make their ends meet.

I think I read that India is going the same way.

The only way is to replant trees, but it takes years and years, do the profit-makers have the time for that? I think not!

blackbutterfly likes this.