1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SQ2: Schizophrenic Shaka

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by Sima Qian, Apr 23, 2006.

1. SimpleMonkey

SimpleMonkey King

Ahh ... silly monkey. I forgot about that whole Diplomatic victory thing. Then it looks like this may be a culture battle galore. Shaka's secret weapons will be the early temple and library. This should be good.

2. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

Whose Shaka? ;)

3. tupaclives

tupaclives Tupac Lives on!!

@ Flip chance - wowweee!! I completely forgot about the citizens business... does that mean that going to war is going to be very bad for us as well as all the people will say 'stop the aggression against our mother country'?
    However I still stick by that getting into a culture lead on emperor should be really easy, in Montupac's Tight Squeeze I have a culture lead on deity and in Tupac02-AWE, we were the culturally leaders more than half the game despite being AW.

With the citizens are they calculated as foreign citizens or what? I'm starting to confuse myself but here are 3 of my theories about it.

1) As Sima said, flipping will be crazy.
    2) War will be hell, all our citizens will say 'stop the aggression'
    3) Captured cities will have no resistors (when was the last time you saw a native citizen resisting in a captured city?)

4. Andronicus

Andronicus Emperor

My 2 cents - go with RCP5 as city sites are generally not too bad and the corruption bonus is sig, not nearly so important for 2nd ring, perhaps chose best sites there.
    Really, this is going to be hilarious :lol:

5. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

I like the dotmap Sima however your variant is freaking me out. :D

6. madviking

madviking north american scum

Wow, gotta be lourking this. :D

7. Sima Qian

Sima Qian 太史令

Actually, I don't think I ever saw the "Stop the aggression" message when I played my sample game. It might not even happen at all.

But something else to be aware of: If you raze an enemy city, you do not get slaves. All workers will require upkeep, regardless of whether you got them from an AI or not.

8. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

Yes, but the workers will work faster, like normal ones, right?

9. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Wow, there's so many things about civ3 that will make this game extremely confusing. I can't wait to see what happens.

10. Marsden

Marsden Keeper of the HoF Annex Hall of Fame Staff

I really think you could look at the "no razing because we're all Zulus" as a good thing and keep everyplace without resistance. Actually, you should try to avoid war altogether and concentrate on cultural assimilation. This doesn't hurt rep as much, and will aid the Diplomatic victory.

I wonder what the pop would look like for the Dom limit. If everyone is Zulu, will everyone have 100% pop toward the limit?

11. The 777 Hoax

The 777 Hoax future skeleton

I don't really know, but I guess it wouldn't matter since we're going for Diplo ;)

12. choxorn

If that were true, everyone would win as soon as 66% of the Land Area is covered, and Sima's sample game was in Modern Times. I doubt it works like that. BTW, SQ, did you leave culture victory on? If so, it will probably add to the fact that culture will be all-powerful in this game.

13. Sima Qian

Sima Qian 太史令

All victory conditions are on. Naturally, the goal is to be able to avoid cultural victory while still winning the UN vote.

As for population, each Zulu civ's population is kept under a separate record, just like culture.

14. choxorn

Even so, this is going to be interesting.

15. tupaclives

tupaclives Tupac Lives on!!

It shouldn't be that hard to avoid cultural victory. So long as we don't go crazy ourselves the AI should be competent enough to stay within half of our culture. As for avoiding war I don't really see why its that necessary. Yes razing cities and being at warring with them makes us less popular but there are plenty of ways around that. I remember my first deity win was a diplo victory after I kept 3 cities I captured the entire game (hoovers, sistine's, and smith's cities) and razed everything else. Just DoW on my main rival in the UN and signed everyone against them the turn before the UN finished. Hey presto! diplo win. In this we can't sign them in against 1 AI but we can sign MPP's before the war and set it up so that we'll be attacked in our territory on the first interturn...

16. Sima Qian

Sima Qian 太史令

Whomp, were you going to post an "I got it"? Or is the save still up for grabs?

17. choxorn

If not, I'll probably post one tonight- this is getting boring.

18. Whomp

Sima I'm up in Chukchi's game tonight but will play this tomorrow. Would you like to let someone run in front of me or take this as a "got it"?

19. Sima Qian

Sima Qian 太史令

OK since you said you will be playing I'll take that as a "got it." Good luck!

20. Whomp

OK this is truly a weird game.

So here it goes..
    Pre-turn: notice we're working non commerce tiles but wait for the worker to finish. Move science from 80% to 100% at -2gpt. 21 to 17 turns. MM for growth in 2 vs. 3 in 'Bane. Look at Sima's map and move the warrior and settler to his northern dot near the iron.

1. 1700 Schizolieya established starts work on rax

2. 1675 Meet the red zulus (I think). Move the worker to the elephant. Good commerce tile. Lux to 20% math in 14. 'Bane stays on the forest to get the gran in 2.

3. 1650 Pop some maps

4. 1625 'Bane gran to settler

5. 1600 Zip

6. 1575 Cave to a zulu demand of 32g. (That is truly weird) I have no idea who I caved to. LOL! 'Babwe finishes gran but isn't big enough so I start archer. I can buy the last contact for ~25g. Wait. Purple/Green/Blue and Fuchia get poly and writing.

7.-9. 1550 to 1500 Zip

Summary
    In hindsight, I may have been better off changing the grans after the cities grew but they are now done. Time to expand. I didn't want to build Impi yet since a despotic GA would be uncool and schizo. We still have one zulu to meet. One other zulu picked up writing. BTW how do I get mapstat to work for PTW?

Here's a picture. Notice there's a horse in the barb camp.

Attached Files: