SQ2: Schizophrenic Shaka

Whomp said:
6. 1575 Cave to a zulu demand of 32g. (That is truly weird) I have no idea who I caved to. LOL!

You can tell who it is by looking at the text the AI "talks" with. It will be the color of the civ they are, e.g., Yellow Zulus will have yellow text, Blue Zulus will have Blue text, etc.

Whomp said:
BTW how do I get mapstat to work for PTW?

Isn't this vanilla version? BTW where can I get mapstat?

P.S. Might take this turnset if someone posts a dotmap and tells me where I can upload my screenies/saves.

Indeed it is.

Whomp there are 2 problems with you're save, the first is minor: we are meant to play 20 turns each until the Industrial Age.

The 2nd problem is a bit bigger... this is meant to be a Vanilla game, not PTW.
If we continue with PTW that rules me out, and significantly, it also rules Sima out of playing anymore.

So what do we do now?
Sima?

Sorry everyone. Like I said I haven't played vanilla in a gazillion years. :blush:
I'll try again tomorrow.

SimpleMonkey said:
lurker's comment: At least you haven't seen any radar towers ... yet. :rotfl:

:lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

TimBentley said:
There were some chieftain SGs in 2002. And there's been several warlord SGs as well.

I figured out why I couldn't find any- it doesn't show any threads that's last post was more than a year ago. :crazyeye:

choxorn said:
I figured out why I couldn't find any- it doesn't show any threads that's last post was more than a year ago. :crazyeye:
lurker's comment: You can see older threads if you go to your "UserCP" Options and change the cut-off date to "see all threads". :)

Ok still a weird variant and I went deep into the annals of civ complete and found III!! Hah funny Monkey...and I did see towers in the last round!
My "honey do's" are done so off I go.

Pre-turn: Too many shields to burn by switching out of granaries. Crank up science to 100%. Move the warrior and settler to Sima's dot.

1700 Schizolieya is established starts rax. A barb camp is revealed. Math in 14

1675 'Bane needs some happy pills so lux to 20%.

IT :hmm: Explain to me how we know who this is?

Oh my barbs attacks our warrior in 'Lieya. We win. See a zulu scout attacked. :crazyeye:
1650 It was purple who made the demand. Get some maps. Meet Red of the Zulus.

1625 'Bane finishes gran and starts a settler. 'Bane gets a MP. (different than my first time since we have barbs in the area) Science back to 100%. Switch 'Lieya to impi since another barb horse is coming.

IT horse hits and we win again. Another barbie horse appears next to our scout.

1600 mm a bit for commerce

IT 'Babwe gran to rax
1575 Pink/blue/fuchia/green get writing and poly. Red has writing only. We can get it for all our gold. Nah..
Our scout is up a tree with nowhere to go.

IT Bye Scout.
1550Another barb horse. Cripes. I wonder if my ini should've been changed.

IT our warrior wins again.

1500 'Bane grows

1475 'Babwe rax to archer. Still not enough growth. Dangit. Yellow and pink get math. They have writing and poly already. We were one turn away. Ok well let see....
How about this....
Buy math from Yellow for 11g.
Trade math and 57g to Blue for poly
Trade poly for writing and 5g to Red.
Trade math to Green for 62g and contact. Meet Orange who wasn't worth the contact since he's down math, poly and writing.
Not horrible since we get contact with Orange, math, poly and writing for 1 (net) gold piece.

1450 'Bane Settler is trained and starts rax.

IT The Zulus establish an embassy. :crazyeye:
1425 It was Purple. Another barb horse

IT Redlines our warrior in 'Lieya but take the horse
1400Red/Purple/Blue get Philo. Schizomania! is established between the two deer. Starts a rax. Lieya trains a impi and i send out the warrior to dispatch the camp.

I1375 'Babwe archer trained to a settler. Whack a barb. Just in time since another horse appears.
Greenies pick up philo.
1350 'Bane rax to settler. Whack a barb horse, promote (finally) and get 25g

1300 Spy a camp and a barb to our NW.

IT barb warrior hits our impi. Uh no Mr. Barbie.

1250 'Babwe settler to archer

1225 'Bane settler to archer and Mania! rax to worker Everyone is long philo plus fuchia/red/blue and green get map making.

Summary
Truly whack! Love it. Ok well I'm not used to settling away from rivers, not settling resources (horses will be outside of borders) and having a settler factory. 'Bane has the potential now since I started watering one of the deer and it has a cow. Thanks to Sima for having me and letting me play a whacky variant.

Attachments

• Whomp_of_the_Schizo_1225_BC.SAV
    103.3 KB · Views: 91
Got it. Thanks Whomp, save loaded up fine this time. Great to see it all went smoothly for you.

Now before I play, I'd like to ask for some opinions as to what to do. Despite how much I want to build up some more culture at this point, I have to admit that we are a bit skimpy on the military side. So I'll probably be adding some more archers during my turn set.

On the other hand, I want to know if there is any interest in setting up a prebuild for the GLib. I think that its usefulness is diminished at emperor level, especially if you're a skillful trader (which I am not), but the 6 culture points per turn is quite a lot and will add up in the long run. I'm actually afraid that if we do not get the GLib, the AI that does get it will earn a ton of culture and start flipping our cities away.

As it stands, there are currently no wonders built and every AI is working on Oracle, except for the red Zulu who are building Pyramids. They are all being built in the capital, and none of those are coastal, so they can't cascade it to Colossus or GLHouse, but I bet the Oracle will complete first, then a cascade to Pyramids will happen.

I want to turn Schizomania into a mil factory and let Schizobane and Schizolieya steal high-food tiles from it for a while to pump settlers and workers. Barracks will be important at some point but as it stands now, I prefer having one or two cities focus on military while the rest work on growth.

Oh, and I'm also very tempted to do some pop rushing for the culture. If I do... well... the next player on the roster is going to be quite mad at me for the unhappiness...

Whomp said:
Explain to me how we know who this is? It was purple who made the demand.

The text color, which indicates blue zulus, not Purple- the only zulus we know of are Light Blue, Blue, Yellow, Green, Pink, Orange, and Red, and since this is a standard size map, those are the only AI's.

Like I said earlier, I might take this set if someone tells me where I can get MapStat and Where I can upload my Screenies/Saves.

EDIT: Sima posted his "got it" while I was posting, so I can't take this one, but I might play next set if someone answers my questions.

I am not a fan of a Glib build. Culture with temples and libs will be powerful in their own right...plus they double.

Cities definitely need to get bigger. I think 'Bane is ready to become a settler pump and the capital looks like it can go archer/settler. With our eastern settler the north is our so pressuring further south would make sense. We can also consider pumping out a bunch of warriors for sword upgrades once we hook up the iron. I must say I have a need for speed so having horses with impis could be awesome.

Choxorn--I must be color blind because I don't see where it's blue that asked for tribute (but it was blue now that you mention it). :lol:

Here's where you can dl mapstat. The program runs nicely behind the game and you can toggle to get all the information you need although it automatically popped up with this version of civ3. :crazyeye: Everything you need trades, flips, happiness etc. are all there in one quick view.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=52902

To upload files you can do it from either "go advanced", manage attachements and upload it from there or you can "upload" it from the "upload file" at the bottom of this page. Right next to where it says

Forum Rules - Chat Room - Upload File - Contact Us - Civilization Fanatics' Center - Archive - Top

You can also upload pictures from there. I use "imageshack" which host pictures.

@Whomp: My way of figuring out the AI that demanded stuff from us: click the foreign advisor icon in the top right corner, and that will take you to the F4 diplomacy screen. Then try to talk with all the AI, the only one that responds will be the one making the demand. (To be honest, I have no idea what choxorn is talking about here, a screenshot would be helpful.)

I'm more of a fan of capturing the GLib than building it, but yeah I was a bit worried about the culture problem here, as well as the reduced amount of war because of the UN vote. Although I would agree, 2x libs would match the GLib in culture and take less time to build.

If the GLib build is still on the table, I would delay the research on lit so that the AI can hopefully finish the wonder cascade and build pyramids before they demand the tech from us. But if nobody minds the AI building GLib, then I will probably trade lit away, although not immediately after researching it.

Colossus and GLHouse are going to be relatively useless. If we don't go for GLib, then I'm pretty sure we'll skip all the ancient age wonders.

Whomp: thanx, but where do I download the program? :blush:
SQ: 1.the GL might come in handy, and if the AI's are busy not building it, we might be able to get it.
2. Look at Whomp's screenie. As you can see, the text the Blue Zulu Shaka is talking in is Blue. That's what I mean. Now do you get it? ;)

choxorn said:
2. Look at Whomp's screenie. As you can see, the text the Blue Zulu Shaka is talking in is Blue. That's what I mean. Now do you get it? ;)

I don't think that's true for all cases. If I talk with the yellow Shaka, the text is most definitely not yellow.

I don't think we need the GLib. Yes the 6cpt would be very handy but at 400 shields we could build 5 libs in different cities, thats 15cpt and that will double (total of 30cpt v 12 cpt from the Glib). Yes you could still build 5 libs as well as the Glib, but I've never thought that culture is that big of a deal. Certainly nothing that can't be handled with a little :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

OTOH given that this is an open SG might make trades less fluent (as some people mightn't have been checking all the comments as for the team goals) and the Glib would help with that.

Still don't really like it, the last game I even tried to go for it was SQ01, and we didn't get it and it didnt matter. Before that the last time I went for it would have been back in my regent or monarch days nearly a year ago. The culture could be useful but I personally feel there are much, much better uses for 400 shields.

Nonetheless I am confident Sima will make the correct decision.

If the 400 shields are invested in settlers those new cities can each build temple and lib

I think it's easy to see what civ is demanding. If they don't declare war, click "We would like to propose a deal", then check what cities they have. There can't be 2 cities with the same name on the map. Then check what color that cities are. If they declare, the foreign advisor will tell you what civ you are at war with, and you will have to do find out by eliminating variants

Sima Qian said:
I don't think that's true for all cases. If I talk with the yellow Shaka, the text is most definitely not yellow.

Are you sure you were talking to yellow Shaka? It doesn't tell you which shaka is which. :D I'll show you a few screenies soon.

Top Bottom