Star Trek Mod II: The Wrath of Mod

If you see one, let me know.

...it's not so that they're hard to find here...

If you have a working download (I see you have), then you can feel free to request a movement to the modpacks section. Just tell me, I'll do it.

Hm, I'm getting a repeated crash upon discovering Replicators, selecting Structural Integrity Field, then switching to Self-Embetterment. I'm not sure if it occurs in a regular game, as I'm testing a scenario (but I seem to remember an occasional crash around there).

Some more Civpedia errors:

- Xenobiology gets a TXT_KEY_XENOBIOLOGY_QUOTE

- same for Eugenics

- Terraforming I opens with "The matric..." > matrix,

It doesn't say here but on the website it shows he used FF Plus as well. ;)

OK, I'm not sure if it's a bug, but I could play on past the Replicators/Structural Integrity field moment by switching to Self-Embetterment 1 turn after. No crash occurred. :)

Not all the quotes for the technologies are finished. That is why your getting the TXT_KEY message because I didn't write the xml tag for it yet. They should be done for the next release.

I have also noticed that sometimes (but not others) the revolution will cause a crash. I've been tying to figure out what is causing it but have not pinned it down yet. It seems to happen more often when the pop-up for the new civic shows up. I'll continue to sift the code to try and figure it out.

as for the FF+ mod, this is based off of and older FF+ version and I am looking at the 1.81 code to see if there is anything I can add/change.

OK.

I have also noticed that sometimes (but not others) the revolution will cause a crash. I've been tying to figure out what is causing it but have not pinned it down yet. It seems to happen more often when the pop-up for the new civic shows up.

Yes, that was the impression I was getting. Well, I hope you can find what's causing that.:crazyeye:

So I've decided to take the FF+ 1.81 source code for the dll file and work from there (instead of try to build on the stm1 dll), which means a major overhaul before the next release. hopefully this will fix some of the quirky bugs. Please continue to list the bugs though.

OK. Came across a pretty serious one: I declared war on Breen playing as Romulans and, after capturing the first Breen system I can't build any buildings. (Right before that I captured Bajor from the Gorn and no problems there, so I'm guessing it's a Breen-specific building causing trouble.)

I can post a SAV file if you need of this infamous can't-build-buildings-on-city-capture bug. Since you added/changed a lot of buildings it might occur more often though. :eek:

EDIT:It's not a Breen-specific building, as I also got a CTD playing as Tholians and capturing an Orion system.

Oh no. The build bug as I've come to call it. Were you playing a custom game? I find it happens most often when "Independent worlds" is turned on. I used to have it as a default but made it optional after that happened for like the 20th time.

You say it is infamous? I'll look it up. I thought it was just me. So it is usually referred to a CTD?

Yes, it causes a crash to desktop. I should probably mention I use the Assimilation option, meaning if there are civ-specific buildings they need to be assimilated. I can't remember exactly how it went, but certain buildings should be undestroyable upon system capture, while others (in a normal game without Assimilation) should always be destroyed, precisely because they are civ-specific.

(I'm not quite sure how Independent worlds would play a role in this, as they don't have civ-specific buildings as far as I know.)

You could ask deanej or TC01 about it if in doubt.

Oh no. The build bug as I've come to call it. Were you playing a custom game? I find it happens most often when "Independent worlds" is turned on. I used to have it as a default but made it optional after that happened for like the 20th time.

You say it is infamous? I'll look it up. I thought it was just me. So it is usually referred to a CTD?

It happens quite often with major changes. The cause is a mismatch between the buildings the DLL thinks the city has and what buildings python thinks the city has. So somehow a building is being removed in the DLL but not python or in python or not the DLL.

Nice mod but at certain point(turn 102 on large map in my game) turns suddenly take too long. I mean until turn 102 it took like 1-5 sec to process end of each turn, turn 103+ it suddenly takes about a minute or longer. I tried to load 15 turns backwards and play it over again but didnt help. Something is wrong here. Practically unplayable.

EDIT: Core i5-760(2,8Ghz), 4Gb Ram, 64bit, GTX460
Sry I tried multiple reloads even before reading the bottom of your first thread post and It went the same way. And it is not about what I did that made game so slow, it must have been AI. And I doubt it was after completion of a building, more likely a tech/event or something else or perhaps just my RAM got suddenly full. No idea

Nice mod but at certain point(turn 102 on large map in my game) turns suddenly take too long. I mean until turn 102 it took like 1-5 sec to process end of each turn, turn 103+ it suddenly takes about a minute or longer. I tried to load 15 turns backwards and play it over again but didnt help. Something is wrong here. Practically unplayable.

Please read the previous posts, then post your machine specs.

So then would setting the buildings to be non-distructable fix it?

Depends on what's causing it in the first place. I'd look at any code you changed relating to city capture to see if you forgot something, because Star Trek had this fixed at the last version. It shouldn't matter what XML settings are there for a building (though it used to),

In the FFP DLL this "ability to build buildings disappears due to DLL/Python mismatch" issue was finally resolved (quite a while ago) by TC01 taking a chainsaw to the code where a city is captured. In the DLL it no longer removes any buildings. It is all done in the onCityAcquired Python since from the Python you can change what buildings the DLL thinks are there as well as what buildings each planet thinks it has, but from the DLL end you can not adjust the planets' building lists (well, not without adding a new callback anyway). It also required a fix in the DLL so that when a civs capital is captured and it is not the last "city" it had, when the Capitol building is assigned to a new "city" it calls the onBuildingBuilt event handler so that it gets assigned to a planet in that star system.

The onCityAcquired Python obeys the XML settings for capture probability (including the bNeverCapture setting). Before checking that, it also converts all buildings to be the civilization specific building for the capturing civilization - this conversion is also done in the DLL before this function is called. This conversion in the Python would also need to be adjusted (or perhaps just removed) to allow "incorrect" civ specific buildings to continue to exist.

I was using the lastest version of STM and I didn't have problems unless the "independent planets" game option was selected.

I've been trying to implement the FFP DLL and python into the mod over that last few days and it caused the interface to disappear. So now I'm trying to figure that one out.

So switching over to the FFP 1.81 build is going to be quite the extensive project, but I think it will be well worth it. But this does mean it will be quite sometime before the next release.

So, in the mean time, hold of on the bug reports or inquires about game speed. But if you have a comment on the gameplay, please feel free to share it.

Nice mod but the CTD error when any system is captured makes it unplayable :(.

You did a great job on the units and tech tree

Top Bottom