Star Trek mod - The Next Generation!

CrazyMrLeo made us a couple of new leaderheads. He was the one that made the original ones last year. So here are:

* Betazed, Bolarius, Rigelian, Saurian
* First Federation,Q, Suliban, Denobulan
* Species 8472, Kzinti, Tzenkethi, Xindi
* Bynar, Maquis, Terran Empire, Cardassian-Klingon Alliance

Some of these races don't have an 'official' logo, so he took some artistic licence...:)

Attachments

• Logos.jpg
    Logos.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 605
Did you say Terran Empire?? Are you going to put the Terran Empire in? Just cause that would be cool, i am useing the Federation more as the Terran Empire in my game.

Tzar Sasha said:
So does this mean that the one's I did for the foreign advisors screen are now no longer good? Or are these just some additional options that you want to have available...
No those are still good, but there weren't enough of them. I had to use some flags from the Japan scenario to fill up the missing logos. These new ones are intended for the races that don't have their own logo yet and for some additional scenarios. Most of the old logo's will still be in place and the Delta Quadrant logo's can be used for a scenario.
I still have to make flc's and small logos of them. I tried making the flc's, but the picture keeps running... :( Could you give me a hand?

Flamand said:
I still have to make flc's and small logos of them. I tried making the flc's, but the picture keeps running... :( Could you give me a hand?

:( Only flc's I ever made were for units. Leaderhead flcs are different than unit flcs. The Leaderhead flc is a standard flc file. I believe there are 128 frames to a leaderhead flc. Or course I could always be wrong.

Small logos are the easy part. Are they not? :)

Tzar Sasha said:
:( Only flc's I ever made were for units. Leaderhead flcs are different than unit flcs. The Leaderhead flc is a standard flc file. I believe there are 128 frames to a leaderhead flc. Or course I could always be wrong.
Well, I suppose I should dive into the tutorials then... :) But I'll be busy this weekend, so it won't be for now...
Small logos are the easy part. Are they not? :)
Yup! :D If you feel like making some the png's are here...

Ok just now I finished the civilopedia. Don't expect any fancy proze, it contains just some basic information on the different units and buildings. It should work well with the biq-files that come with it. I cannot guarantee it will work with the old biq-files (0.8.0 and 0.8.1) though...

I added four different versions:

* Star Trek - Sol Sector M - 9 civs.biq: original map by Glorfinder and Kenta'arka
* Star Trek - Sol Sector M - 12 civs.biq:slightly modified map by Wenamon
* Star Trek - Sol sector XXL.biq: original XXL map
* Star Trek - Sol sector XXL - Warp Factors.biq: original XXL map with adjusted speeds ofthe different spaceshipes

The civilopedia and the pediaicons work fine for me, but I think it is safest to backup the originals before replacing with these two.

Almost forgot... the download can be found in the first post... :D

hey flamand,
sorry i disappeared for a while there, I have just gotten into medical school and have to arrange some student loan stuff to make sure I can pay for it all. I still dont have internet at home so it may be some time before I can help with anything (or even test new updates :(). I will let you know when I am back, and hopefully i can help flesh out that small map a bit more and maybe help do a scenario.

see ya

That's ok... Have a great time at med school and let me know when you get back...:)

A little idea I've had - remove the fog of war over all of the stars. No reason they shouldn't be discovered already!

It makes the game look pretty cool, though it does also make exploration easier.

I already did that on the large map, but not yet on the small ones....

Cool. The big maps seemed a little daunting and I hadn't tried them yet.

Don't worry about the large map, it's quite playable... :D I'll change the small map as well for the next release... Any more ideas?

Btw, I saw in Vadus' thread that you were looking for 2x2 planets. I recently put a couple of them in my Solar System terrain (see my signature) which I made for Star Trek scenarios...

I finished a couple of Star Trek Title screens just now. I put them in my signature...

The title screens look good. So are you planning to put the Terran Empire and the Federation in the same game? That would be cool :)

Yup, as soon as I can get the flc's to work...

I made some extra title screens, a total of 10. Going to start working on some scenario's soon:
* Dominion wars
* 'Mirror' vs. 'Real' universe
* Romulan war

Suggestions anyone?

Flamand said:
I made some extra title screens, a total of 10. Going to start working on some scenario's soon:
* Dominion wars
* 'Mirror' vs. 'Real' universe
* Romulan war

Suggestions anyone?

A First Contact type scenario.
Use standard civ3 terrain
Mass Regicide mode
Borg must wipe out Federation to win
Federation must wipe out Borg to win
Other playable races can win by being the first to build Zefram Cochrane's warp drive ship....

Sounds like a good idea...
Maybe Earth (or North America) should be devided in a number of factions with tense relations among each other and the Borg at war with them all. We can use guerilla units for the humans, but what for the Borg? I can't remember seeing any Borg vehicles...

Flamand said:
Sounds like a good idea...
Maybe Earth (or North America) should be devided in a number of factions with tense relations among each other and the Borg at war with them all. We can use guerilla units for the humans, but what for the Borg? I can't remember seeing any Borg vehicles...

There weren't any borg vehicles....

make it regicide (not mass)
Could use a smaller sphere as the "king" unit.
start with a handful of drones who can start assimilating right away.

Use the Galaxy class as the Fed "king" unit.
start with a large # of units. federation would be harder to win as there numbers can not be replaced. i.e. no colonies/cities under there control
(Temporal Prime Directive applies in this scenario)

Top Bottom