Star Wars Insurrection PBEM

kobayashi

Deity
OK while I'm at it, I'll try to coordinate a Sci-Fi PBEM. Hopefully this can take off too although I know War scenarios tend to be more popular. Who want's to play......

Star Wars Insurrection version 1.2R

This scenario takes place before 'A New Hope' and does not follow the traditional triology storyline. Insurrection takes place before Luke Skywalker emerges and the Deathstar battlestation is left uncompleted. There is no Battle of Yavin or Battle of Endor. The rest of the storyline will reveal itself once you play your first turn. You may play as the New Republic(most challenging), the Galactic Empire or the Second Imperium(relaxing game). Your objective is of course to wipe out the other two major factions. The remaining races can be played except for the pathetic Pacifists.

Rebel Alliance - Open
Galactic Empire - Open
Second Imperium - Open

Pirate Union - Open or AI
Unalligned - Open or AI
Corporate SA - Open or AI

Pacifists - AI only

Hey!
Haven't You thought about moving Star Wars into ToT.
There are 4 maps for crying out loud:cool:
And tons of more arrangements to do.

Originally posted by Gaius
Hey!
Haven't You thought about moving Star Wars into ToT.
There are 4 maps for crying out loud:cool:
And tons of more arrangements to do.

Sorry, TOT scenarios is an esoteric area of expertise beyond me. If you are interested in TOT SF scenarios, this is the place.

http://coc.apolyton.net/scenarios/index-fictional.shtml

I don't mind sci-fi scenarios, it's just that this one has so many units, and the map is so big, it would swamp me, and continue for a long time.

Welcome to the game. Lokee and GK, please pick who you want to be.

Rebel Alliance - Open
Galactic Empire - Open
Second Imperium - Open

Also confirm that you have been able to play the scenario in single-player mode.

If no one else is interested, I will the remaining tribe (but I prefer Second Imperium myself).

Originally posted by PinkyGen
I don't mind sci-fi scenarios, it's just that this one has so many units, and the map is so big, it would swamp me, and continue for a long time.

The map is not small but a lot of it is empty space. As for the units, you only start off with a few and the remainder appear gradually with many become obsolete along the way. You can only build a third of the units as a particular tribe anyway. Perhaps you might reconsider?

Originally posted by GenghisK
Since I never played such kind of things, could you just describe briefly, how to play? What must I do then? (btw, I have ToT)

First off you need to patch your TOT so it becomes Civ2 MGE. You can find out how by going here.

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ2cedric.shtml

Then you need to download the scenario which is located here (16th from the top I think).

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ2scensci.shtml

Then try to play the scenario as a single player first to confrim everything is ok. When you have done all that, the rest of what you need to kow is in the FAQ or you can ask more specific questions in this thread again.

News of your success is eagerly awaited.

I apologize, I was mistaking this with another Star Wars scenario. However, either way, I still have that psych paper to write.

Then it is settled. The move sequence is in this order.

Second Imperium - GK
Rebel Alliance - pap1723
Galactic Empire - Lokee

The game can start as soon as GK is ready.

p.s. it is not mentioned in the FAQ (yet) but if you trigger event messages which are important, it is you duty to mention it in the thread as the other players will not know about the event automatically.

p.s.2 - I like Lokee, he is very polite.

AAaaaaaw, I didn't know the patch required the game cd.
Actually I had a ToT version with a no cd patch so I could play without CD. Now that I upgraded to MGE, each time I launch the game, it asks me for cd. I don't have it here, it's in my parents home :( Is there any no cd patch available?? That would be great help for me, thanks in advance.

Gengis..
the no CD patch is available in CivFan. download section.
But where did You get the one for CivToT...I'm "very" lacking it!

Top Bottom