Star Wars scenario question...

CurtSibling

ENEMY ACE™
Hey, guys...I'm working on the Grand Moff map, and am wondering this:
If the action is set on a random sector map rather than an actual SW galaxy zone, would this ruin the fun for anyone?

Would you folks feel strongly that the scenario must reflect the cartography of the galactic outer rim?
Or would a new mysterious area, filled with pirates and rebels to destroy be more appealing?

The planets (and there will be plenty) will have very Star Wars-esque names, regardless.
I love the 1990s games and want to make this feel like that era before the current dark age. ;)

Let me know how you lads feel about this.

I would not know the difference :)

I'd create a map that is fun to play on first and foremost and worry about details secondary.

A galaxy is supposed to be huge, and the star wars universe is for many far from well known, as only a small part of it is depicted in films.

Proposing new areas in more specific scenarios with more specific goals than a simple dominance game shall be great.

If supported by one's erudition about the starwars universe, including its literacy part (and maybe its thickier background and bigger world), guess it can only be wonderful.

As Star Wars is fictional, I would like that this scenario is playing in a fictional part of that galaxy far, far away. I would also like, if the Star Wars civs here would meet the Cylons and the Kilrathi and so on. In my eyes this is much more fun than only meeting these boring pirates.

Spoiler :

Just got a stupid idea, like using the extend layer option x 16 kind of tiles and up to 3 unused secondaries map to have custom images to center the view on some occasions, even temporary before getting back to playground ?
That should allow to integrate 192x96 pictures ?

Well, dropping there a bomb dream of a Han Solo grimacing picture each time the millenium falcon unit is damaged, and going back the the Epicww22 neutral stuff, end of break !

It should also be noted that the Star Wars galaxy has unknown regions, so adding things is perfectly fine. In Empire Strikes Back they say there are many uncharted systems, it could be smugglers, it could be pirates, it could be anything :)

It could even be snugglers!

Top Bottom