• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

StarCraft 2 pro-gaming and 1v1

So ForGG was knocked out of Code S, losing all of his games against leenock and going 1:2 against MC.

Elephant in the room indeed; wasn't this the same guy that beat Jaedong, Flash and Fantasy in the same tournament?

HyuN was knocked into Code B, and he was another Brood War hero that was predicted to dominate Code S.

Speaking of, the next GSL winner is going to be somebody new, since all of our regular titans were knocked out already. In the semis right now are MvP_DongRaeGu, FXOGuMiho, MVP_Genius, and Fnatic_aLive. This is actually pretty startling since there's nobody from SlayerS and IM in there, which are universally considered the strongest SC2 teams. I've seen Alive play before, but Fnatic is pretty much a B-team that nobody's cared about in awhile, except for Canadians that were TT1 fans. FXO's recently had a Renaissance due to leenock, but GuMiho making to the semis is out of left field, since he was previously only known for being a Random player that puts a towel over his mouse. His TvT is pretty insane though.

My commentary on the GSL finals: The gradual replacement of NesTea by DongRaeGu as the world's zerg prince isn't unexpected, but his traditional rival is MMA, who was knocked out by aLive (and I honestly don't think their TvZ even compares). GuMiho is insanely good though, so I think that match will be pretty close. Genius really isn't that good aside from his PvP in my opinion, he only survived his previous bracket because he played two rounds against MarineKing instead of NesTea and DRG, and MarineKing's late-game TvP is scrubtaculous.

So my money's on the finals between DRG vs. aLive with DRG winning 4-2. The real gold here will be the DRG vs. GuMiho matches though.

I'm riding the DRG train! :D I still hold some faith that NesTea will bounce back from a few bad seasons, but my money's on Dongraegu. Genius has always been... somewhat unexpected, but I'm always happy to see him back in the deep end of tournaments. ALive's been around for a while... he's posted respectable results since GSL Open Season 3, and his improvement's been pretty damn consistent. GuMiho's pretty hard to call, we don't have a ton of matches to base a solid expectation off of him. He could really pull a Jjakji this season- they're both very strong players who've come in from outside of Code A in recent seasons.

DeMuslim 2:1 NesTea at Arena

what the ffffffffff

everything I know is a lie

I'm rooting for Genius in the GSL finals.

By the way, I'm close to getting Masters' League. I'm starting to play people in Masters' and winning frequently. Yeaaaahhhhh.

Oh my gosh DeMuslim just took a game off of DongRaeGu at MLG

jjkhdkhsdgs

DeMuslim has some legendary TvZ, it's a shame his other two match-ups are so mediocre.

Edit:

All of these interviews are priceless but this one killed me:

Link to video.

Nani's my favorite player, but his record for the GSL right now is 0-10. He's improved a lot so I think he'll at least get out of his bracket this season, but I doubt he'll make it to the round of eight or anything like that.

Yeah I think he definitely has a chance of getting out of his group, unlikely he'd get past that though.

NANIIIIWAAAAAAA

Can someone tell me what ever happened to Idra and Jinro? Did they end up doing well, or did they decline after their competition grew? I haven't paid much attention to the game since early 2011.

Yeah, as more former BW players switched over, IdrA and Jinro got relatively worse. They're still about Code A level though.

IdrA was easily the best North American foreign player during the Brood War days, with the possible challenger of NonY.

For SC2, the best foreigners are probably ThorZain, Naniwa and Feast.

IdrA was easily the best North American foreign player during the Brood War days, with the possible challenger of NonY.

Well that's not really saying much, since NA players were so bad at BW...

Also Nony was from... Sweden I think. Possibly Poland, or some other Eastern European country. But probably Sweden. He was better than Idra because he didn't cripple himself by trying to play to his weaknesses.

Top Bottom