Starcraft 2 v's Bts

• I would buy starcraft 2

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • I would buy Bts

Votes: 132 57.1%
  • Beer & Boobs all night long... :P

Votes: 34 14.7%

• Total voters
Knowing Blizzard it will be a couple years. Definitely wouldn't expect to see it out before Fall 2008.

Starcraft 2 easily. It might be closer if it's SC2 vs. Civ5, but BTS is only an expansion.

BTS in moderation with choice #3. Actually that whole set in moderation.

Starcraft 1 put me to sleep.

So...BTS will be $29.99 probably...SC2 will be either $49.99 or $59.99 + PC upgrades.

BTS FTW.

I would be willing to bet that SC2 will be in better release condition than Civ was this time around. I doubt PC upgrades will be neccessary if you can run Civ 4 on default settings without compromises or slowdown.

Civ games always have a longer life for me then other ones. Plus Starcraft 2 removed all the grittiness from the series. While it makes it less of the Warhammer 40k ripoff it use to be, it also makes it seem more generic.

Knowing Blizzard it will be a couple years. Definitely wouldn't expect to see it out before Fall 2008.

Its been in production for nearly 4 years (source: they said they started around when they released Frozen Throne) and they got a beta out there. It will definitely be out BEFORE Fall 2008.

For those are you that are complaining about Starcraft II graphics as 'warcraft in space' then look at this:

ALPHA

RELEASED

Now loook at this screenshot and imagine the same improvement.

You won't be dissapointed.

Its been in production for nearly 4 years (source: they said they started around when they released Frozen Throne) and they got a beta out there. It will definitely be out BEFORE Fall 2008.
I'm now a little skeptical. It's been said in a few of the reviews that it's currently pre-alpha. In the gameplay video (the one with the narration, on the StarCraft 2 website), "that it's only a demo, that nothing final and that there's a lot of balancing work ahead". Granted that probably would be the case with a beta game, but it just feels that there is a long road ahead still.

I also suspect that they will be spending a lot of time play testing the MP aspect of it in order to preserve the professional tournaments. After seeing what I saw in the demo, I just hope they don't go the nerfing route. I hope they find a way to keep that awesome synergy I saw and balance it with the other races (hopefully as equally aweseome) synergy.

I tell ya, with that Protoss Mothership being in the game, I wonder what the Zerg Queen will be :D

I hope she's a big mother (******!) who can lay hundreds of eggs or maybe she'll be a mobile hatchery or something. :D:D

I'm now a little skeptical. It's been said in a few of the reviews that it's currently pre-alpha. In the gameplay video (the one with the narration, on the StarCraft 2 website), "that it's only a demo, that nothing final and that there's a lot of balancing work ahead". Granted that probably would be the case with a beta game, but it just feels that there is a long road ahead still.

I also suspect that they will be spending a lot of time play testing the MP aspect of it in order to preserve the professional tournaments. After seeing what I saw in the demo, I just hope they don't go the nerfing route. I hope they find a way to keep that awesome synergy I saw and balance it with the other races (hopefully as equally aweseome) synergy.

I tell ya, with that Protoss Mothership being in the game, I wonder what the Zerg Queen will be :D

I hope she can lay hundreds of eggs or maybe she'll be a mobile hatchery or something.

I don't know what site, but Blizzard has said they already have all three races playable. For what I seen so far, they just need some graphic tweaks and fix any balancement they find. So I'm expecting it anytime before 2009.

Blizzard also has said they want to keep the races very distinctive. So, if they keep the Protoss Mothership, don't expect superunits for the Terran and Zerg.

On the graphics jump: No way is the graphics improvement on final release going to be that big, unless they want people to complain that their expensive Alienware PC's are dying. Anyway, the graphics they've shown are pretty good, sleek and smooth (still too WC3-ish, but good 'nuff).

I would buy BtS but i agree the poll is totally biased, in any other forum except it SC2 would won hands down.
About SC2 even if it is at an alpha or beta stage i feel a bit underwhelmed probably because i expected SC2 to be the king RTS with a lot of innovations in the genre but:

-graphic and unit models doesn't look better than in CoH, and how can they even not make SC2 take advantage of DX 10 (actually they don't know) if they will release the game in 2008 or even 2009?Even CoH released in 2006 will take advantage of DX10
- Gameplay doesn't seem at the first news so much innovative.No unit cap is a bit C&Cish, and some of the innovations introduced in CoH doesn't seem to be introduced in SC2 from the few info we have!

The only thing i'm sure is that they will deliver a wonderful single player campaign

On the graphics jump: No way is the graphics improvement on final release going to be that big, unless they want people to complain that their expensive Alienware PC's are dying. Anyway, the graphics they've shown are pretty good, sleek and smooth (still too WC3-ish, but good 'nuff).
Improving the terrain doesn't mean complete overhaul with more detailed graphics. It just means changing unit graphic styles (as everyone complained about it too 'cartoony' or 'WCIIIish'). The Starcraft Alpha/Release are improved graphic styles, not new high-tech details you need to upgrade for.

I don't know what site, but Blizzard has said they already have all three races playable. For what I seen so far, they just need some graphic tweaks and fix any balancement they find. So I'm expecting it anytime before 2009.
Yeah, I remember reading that too. They are all playable, but they have to balance it all. I would imagine the prof. players would have a high level of input into it and I can see that it might take a while in order to get it right.

Blizzard also has said they want to keep the races very distinctive. So, if they keep the Protoss Mothership, don't expect superunits for the Terran and Zerg.
Yes, and they also said that the Zerg and the Terran also have a "super unit" - but they are different in that they aren't restricted to only having one of them. This to me says that they are not as powerful as the Mothership, but are powerful in their own right. I can just see a Zerg Queen being a mobile Hatchery - just like the Phase Prisms are mobile Pylon/Teleporters.

The game synergy with the Protoss is clearly about getting units into battle quickly. The zerg appear to be about mass numbers and so a Queen that can produce quickly or something would, imo, be really cool.

...I just hope they don't take too long releasing the other races information or thereabouts.

(I hope the Carrier is still in...)

StarCraft 2, for sure. As much as I love Civ, I don't think I could anticipate any game as much as I'm already anticipating SC2.

Meh.. SC II is just another RTS..
Civ is THE TBS. BTS without a moments hesitation.

Top Bottom