• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Started Playing (pics updating)

Neither of these were Germanic. They were (not surprisingly) Celtic. The Celts had their own set of myths and gods. It's sometimes called Druidism.

Oh, and we need more religions!

Since we can chose to pick religions now, there is no reason not to include a bunch. Only seven techs grant religions, so a given game would never have more than seven. But which seven were chosen could vary from game to game.

'S perfect.

Great idea.:goodjob:

That pwns even Caesar's Salad (TM). Seriously, what with all that stupid stuff the leaders say?

Show us colonies!

De Gualle's screenshot, that is pretty funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

My first Khmer units screenshot. They look pretty Chinese to me

I'm not sure if anyone who has BtS would be willing to undertake this task for me, but I was wondering if each civ still has its own unique color? I like associating each with their color, and disliked how some civs (in civ 3) had secondary colors. The above picture of the Khmer and their (what looks like Blue) culture boarders is making me think they share the same color as America, and will be indistinguishable when next to each other.

If anyone could possibly answer this or better yet, go through the XML and make sure each color is different, I would be eternally grateful!

**Sorry, if this is any trouble, but small tasks like these (and the city art styles I've been ranting about all over the forum) are what occupy obsessive compulsive civ players such as myself :undecide: **

I'm not sure if anyone who has BtS would be willing to undertake this task for me, but I was wondering if each civ still has its own unique color? I like associating each with their color, and disliked how some civs (in civ 3) had secondary colors. The above picture of the Khmer and their (what looks like Blue) culture boarders is making me think they share the same color as America, and will be indistinguishable when next to each other.

If anyone could possibly answer this or better yet, go through the XML and make sure each color is different, I would be eternally grateful!

**Sorry, if this is any trouble, but small tasks like these (and the city art styles I've been ranting about all over the forum) are what occupy obsessive compulsive civ players such as myself :undecide: **

I think each civilization still has their own unique color. America is blue, and Khmer is "middle blue", albeit I haven't checked all the other civilizations.

Same here. If it makes you feel any better, Khmer looks like a red-on-blue motif, and America is white-on-blue. Since there are two colors per civilization specified in the game files (body/trim, for the purposes of the decals on flags and stuff), it looks like Khmer and America have different "colors" that just look the same. However, I think they have moved some colors around (Suleiman is light green like Arabia, now, but Asoka, Wang Kon, Pericles, Huayna Capac, and Boudica look like they have the same colors as before).

Poor DeGaulle! He can't help his obscenely large nose. Great screenshot, but what is with his tie? It looks like it is a plastic clip-on, or something. It is so very obvious that they used Roosevelt's leaderhead and added a little moustache and a military uniform. <sigh>

Regarding colours: if you play a team game and for example you and your real (or AI) partner play Ramsus and Hatshepsut respectively (thus both Egyptian but each with their own differing leader head and respective benefits), then one will have a paler shade of the other's colour. Yellow for Ramsus and pale yellow for Hatshepsut for example.

Therefore I wouldn't be too concerned about colours because the game adjusts the shade if two civs have the same initial colour. At least that is what has happened for some of my team games.

I did something like that with the Chinese leaders: I was Qin and had the yellow-on-magenta default color scheme, and Mao had the green-on-peach color scheme of the Celts. I think it just takes a color scheme that is not currently being used.

I did something like that with the Chinese leaders: I was Qin and had the yellow-on-magenta default color scheme, and Mao had the green-on-peach color scheme of the Celts. I think it just takes a color scheme that is not currently being used.

Yes, I believe you are right on this subject Antilogic, as I've played a game with two russia's and they other Russia's color was the Celts (who was not currently in the game.)

It's nice to know that no colors are completely the same (Thanks XFactor99), because I can't help associating each civ to its cultural border color. Knowing that the Khmer doesn't have the same exact shade of blue as America should help calm me until I can examine or find out the XML!

It was just hard to tell the shade of blue from the screenshot. Thanks again everyone.

Top Bottom