Steam Hacked

I'm one of those people who get extremely paranoid about internet security and reading some of the comments in this thread just added to my anxiety.

Sounds like a plan, I'll bring my hookah.

Even more seriously though, what they said. I know what I use my credit card for (even though sometimes the name of the merchant is really odd, the gas station a block away shows up as an address) and I don't use it a lot so I can easily tell if someone else gains access to it and then dispute the charges and get it closed and replaced.

Steam is hacked right when Skyrim comes out, coincidence? Skyrim has broken all their records for number of people online playing. And I admit, I bought Skyrim over steam last night (I'm at 94% download right now :goodjob: )

The thing that worries me about Steam is if I lose access to all games I bought and paid for. The credit card doesn't bother me because I elected for them not to store my information, and the card is insured, and I'm not responsible for charges ran up on the card. If steam went out of business, that'd be bad too, I'd lose all the games that I pay for. I still prefer the old days of hard copy games, but you just have to hope they don't go out of business.

Top Bottom