Steam Hacked

Hackers are just criminals that hide behind a computer screen these days.
Look, hackers aren't standing up for anything like rightousness or any of that stuff, their just jerks and criminals. Criminals that needed to be treated just like a guy who robs grocery stores.

I agree. If they touch one of my hats I will drop them.

I uninstalled Steam and Civ 5 ages ago. Never purchased anything via them.

Lots of games running on steam, but luckily don't have a credit card because I have buying impulse disorder. I need the extra hurdle of going to a shop and interacting socially with NPC's.

What's with all the Steam hate?

Steam is what turned me from a game pirate to a guy who buys ALL his games.
Funny, it had exactly the opposite effect on me. I bought much more games before they became routinely interwined with mandatory "screw yourself" software.

But then I don't consider having my computer filled with spyware, losing my ability to decide what to do with my software to a third party and being screwed by abusive DRM, as the greatest thing since sliced bread.
I don't like having my consumer rights being trampled, I'm just old-fashioned that way.

Well, just changed my passwort and security question. No worries about my bank account, steam doesn't have that info.
I like steam, it keeps my games up to date and I don't need to change discs, but I've never used it to buy anything. I've never seen a DLC I wanted to pay money for and retail is usually cheaper.
As for 'abusing DRM', it's not as bad as Origin or Ubisoft. In fact it's not at all bad. Register once during installation and you're good.

Well I can't remember what my Steam login is so hopefully one of the hackers can tell me.

I'm just going to keep an eye on my bank statement for anomalies.

What's with all the Steam hate?

The problem are Steam exclusive games.
I don't care if anyone likes Steam and think it's great. You're free to.
But i don't want to use it. And for Steam exclusive games there's no choice.

The problem are Steam exclusive games.
I don't care if anyone likes Steam and think it's great. You're free to.
But i don't want to use it. And for Steam exclusive games there's no choice.

I agree with that. I like Steam, but there was a time when there was no chance I'd pick up Civ 5 if it required me to be on the internet to register to Steam. There really are gamers without a private internet to allow them to install Steam. I was one.

Glad I didn't buy Civ5 (although I bought all the others). And I didn't because of Steam ofc, not because of the brilliant game that is Civ5.

Steam is the last of Civ5's problems.
There are much better games you miss out on: Shogun 2, Deus Ex:HR, all Valve games, Skyrim...

Funny, it had exactly the opposite effect on me. I bought much more games before they became routinely interwined with mandatory "screw yourself" software.

But then I don't consider having my computer filled with spyware, losing my ability to decide what to do with my software to a third party and being screwed by abusive DRM, as the greatest thing since sliced bread.
I don't like having my consumer rights being trampled, I'm just old-fashioned that way.

No, you'd prefer to enter serial numbers and SecurROM software among other horrors...

No, you'd prefer to enter serial numbers and SecurROM software among other horrors...

Serial numbers are okay, SecurROM and other bollocks can be bypassed. Steam can also be bypassed and I do it with every Steam game. I simply do not need Steam or their services and coordinating any team games with friends is a goddamn impossibility when you are all on different universities and jobs.

that's why i never stored my credit card info in steam.

Changed my password anyway and keeping a watchful eye on my bank account but I think Valve is a little better with keeping credit card information secure with encryption, although I'm ready to go to the bank and get things changed otherwise

I never used the forums, so I'm safe, right?

Steam does have some great deals but I can't say I fully support it. The copy protection is just cumbersome. Also I hate it when my store bought games require Steam to work.

I don't know about the rest of us, but making fun of Steam when their website got hacked and the credit card information of hundreds of people to be possibly stolen sounds rather petty.

Shrug, I haven/t experienced any of that with steam...

Top Bottom