1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Steam sale: All of Civ V articles, Gods and Kings included, 75% off

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by elprofesor, Nov 25, 2012.

1. sennomulo

sennomulo Friendly

Just picked up all the extra civs not in vanilla or G&K for under $7 US. Not a bad deal!

2. omnivore

omnivore Chieftain

Good tip i picked up all the dlc for twelve bucks. Already had the expansion so I essentially paid 22.50 to have it for two extra weeks but who knew?

3. Naizarak

Naizarak Chieftain

Hi guys quick question:

I have vanilla civ5 with no DLC's and have been unable to join any multiplayer games because everyone hosts with DLC enabled.

So my question: if I purchase Gods and Kings only, will I be able to start playing multi again? Or will I still need to purchase all that other DLC separately?

4. Rooftrellen

Rooftrellen King

It's low enough that I'd actually buy it if Steam would let me.

I'm really stingy when it comes to DLC, but given the support the game is getting still, it's not too bad now. It's about what you'd probably pay per civ in an expansion.

Too bad Steam won't take my money. They need to put the DLC in the next expansion...

5. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Everyone will need the same DLC.
    If e.g. somebody has Babylonia (in the MP game), and you don't, then you'll not be able to join. If you have G&K, but they don't have it, they'll not be able to join either.

6. Naizarak

Naizarak Chieftain

Do people tend to include DLC in their game? Would I be safe with the vanilla game andd G&K's only?

Basically is Gods and Kings worth the $7.50 for multiplayer only?

7. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

I don't play MP, so I have no real idea.
    From the threads, which I can see in the MP forum (which is only a fraction of all MP games), it seems that often DLC is included.
    But I'd suggest that you should ask that in the MP forum, that might give you a better answer.

8. HeraldtheGreat

HeraldtheGreat King

Bought my first DLC's. I now own every DLC Civ except for Polynesia, but I didn't think I'd play them much, anyways.

9. Qpla

Qpla Chieftain

Just adding that Civ 4 and its expansions are also 75% off, dropping Civ 4 complete's price on steam to a measly 6.24 €/$.

10. Siderealex

Siderealex Chieftain

Wasn't thinking I would ever get 5 after having 4+expansions and 3+expansions on Steam but this was too good to pass up. Just now got G&K. Seemed too good to pass up paying 8 bucks for something normally 30.

11. Hammer Rabbi

Hammer Rabbi Deity GOTM Staff

i think it might be worth it just for when people upload a save for you to play/try but it had all DLC enabled. Plus they can be nice pushovers as AI.

12. cman2010

cman2010 King

I got the inca dlc only civ 5 dlc I did not get on the last steam sale, also picked up the walking dead game for 12 bucks. Now I own all civ 5 has to offer I will have to play it again after im done with my empire total war game.

13. AntoniC

AntoniC Chieftain

I bought it today for £4.99 - bargain !

14. phoinix

phoinix Warlord

Bought CiV + G&K with something like 17,5 euros, pretty good deal.