Stuff I like from FF

Okay, nevermind. I'd love to see high quality equipment in orbi thou (playing .22c). How can that not be economy based?

Problem is, it adds an extra level of complexity and micromanagement to the game. It's a trade-off, does the additional functionality add enough to the game to warrant it's inclusion. I'd prefer to see a new Civ like the Archos or the Khadi redeveloped as a faction of the Amurites.

I really like the equipment stuff from FF, especially since I tend to play a hero-centric game. The equipment lets me tweak my elite units a bit more. I think that having specific equipment available from each corporation would be a cool thing to do.

Making the Master equipment quite a bit harder to get (either as prereqs for the buildings or cost of the equipment) would help with the micro/complexity. There wouldn't be less per building, but you'd have fewer of them and/or buy the promotions less often.

this thread seems like a nice place for my question: yep, I know Orbis has tons of features that are not in FF. I like most of those. and I know most good FF features end up in Orbis sooner or later. however, which FF features are NOT in Orbis? aside from the new 051 stuff and the new civs obviously. :D

[to_xp]Gekko;8295460 said:
this thread seems like a nice place for my question: yep, I know Orbis has tons of features that are not in FF. I like most of those. and I know most good FF features end up in Orbis sooner or later. however, which FF features are NOT in Orbis? aside from the new 051 stuff and the new civs obviously. :D
Let's see...

Some UFs still don't give mana (Odio's Prison, Seven pines).

I don't remember anything else. That was a long time ago since I played FF050...
It's a bit like Civ4 vanilla, FFH vanilla... Can't play it now that I've Orbis :lol:

yeah, Orbis actually reminds me a lot of Rise of Mankind for vanilla ( I guess Ahwaric likes that too... pretty sure he took the 3-food-per-pupulation-point from there :p ) . FF would be what, RevDCM? Legends of Revolutions? :lol:

I guess that's it for me too... Whenever I play BTS, it's with RoM (or Rhye's) and nothing else :lol:

* de-cloaking err.. lurking *

Since re-discovering Civ and the AoIce-mod I 've been hooked by FFH. I now mostly play Orbis but if there is one thing I miss from FF it's the way workers can start building improvements even if you 're not yet teched-up.

Should have mentioned earlier: I am really grateful for your work, which I enjoy tremendously. Thank you very much. :goodjob:

Top Bottom