SuBI1 - Masters of the high seas

Attack Spain?! Okay I guess. I guess we can come back and take the remaining Portuguese cities. They were an easy target since they lack all resources. But with Spain taking back all their luxuries, well, I think the Korean people must take them back!

Nice turns and great army build up. Wang Kon will be proud. Although I'm sure he would have loved to see an ironclad or two roam the seas. Despite the weaknesses of the clad, Wang was smitten with the idea of iron floating ships...

How about signing up England to join our Spanish battle? The AI has been generally too peaceful lately. Let's get them distracting each other while we work on our domination! :hammer: Does Spain have rifles yet? If so, the battles going to be tough without some Hwachas.

Re: The saltpeter. I mentioned that in my original notes. We were trading one source away, and I had a settler ready to replace the razed Dutch city to reclaim our space source. It looks like you took care of that though.

Re: Trebizond. Our Forbidden Palace city. Yup, its production is great and it helped out the surrounding cities decently enough. Worked out to be a good location.

Good job!
:goodjob:

Our roster -->

SuperBeaverInc. - Um, skipped until futher notice
-0blivion- On Deck
Balastulin - - Skipped until Mid May - traveling the world
SpikeIt -
shogunTaka - Just Played
Gogf - Up

I PM'd Gogf earlier this week and it sounded like he can play this version, so I'll PM again and let him know he's up.

Anyone know if SuperBeaverInc. will ever be able to play his SG again? :rolleyes:

Oblivion, if you have the time, go ahead and call got it. I PM'd Gogf 3 days ago and I haven't received a reply. Just trying to keep the game going. If Gogf calls it first, well then that's cool too. Balastulin should be checking in again sometime soon. I'm sure he'll be impressed by our progress. :rolleyes:

Well, since all has gone quiet here, and I'm off on a trip for a few days, I guess its open to whoever wants it. If anyone is left. Since Shogun last played, he probably should hold off. Most likely Balastulin will be back any day now. Hopefully, when I'm back next week we'll be taking it to the Spanish... :hammer:

See you all next week. :D

Okay. Obviously this SG isn't going to last much longer. No activity at all. Ho hum. Anyhow, since I'm back, I'll call got it. Maybe after I play they'll be a little interest left... I should be able to play over the next couple days.

-0blivion- skipped
Balastulin - - Skipped until Mid May - traveling the world
SpikeIt - Got It
shogunTaka - Just Played
Gogf - skipped

Hi there guys. I'm back but won't be able to play in the near future for an ironic reason:

I'm moving to Korea in mid-June taking a job building ships!

Hence, I'm spending every waking hour finishing up my job here and packing things up to get rocking over to sunny Busan. Only found this out the day before I went off on holiday.

If it's still going in mid-June I will be ready to rock. Other than that, I'm going to have to pass. I apologise, but I'm sure you can understand that life is just a little hectic at the moment!

You know, I saw you had posted and was pretty psyched to have another Korean ship builder back aboard. Little did I know it was another Korean ship builder, but he's not quite on board yet! :D That sounds like great news for you. Congrats. I hope all goes well. Hopefully you had a great vacation too.

But definitely come back in June. We'll probably have played a turn or two by then. :p Let me just take a look at what the roster will look like now...

-0blivion- skipped
Balastulin - skipped until further notice - actually in Korea building ships!
SpikeIt - Got It
shogunTaka - Just Played
Gogf - skipped

Cheers mate. Vacation was great. I'm suffering from serious season lag. Left Melbourne in early autumn got to Britain in late winter, shifted to Portugal in late spring, back to Britain in early summer, now in Melbourne for early winter and will be getting to Korea for mid-summer. :crazyeye:

I still have a bit over half my turns to go, but to keep some interest around, let me try to sum up what's happened so far...

Wang Kon, wearing the dorky golden crown, wonders why we are still a monarchy. SpikeIt chimes in, "Well, we'd like to pursue Communism due to our size. Due to the rules of the game, Communism has proven to be very powerful for large sprawling civs. But since we must pursue naval techs first, Communism probably won't be learned until some rival civ learns it." Wang Kon mutters, "Game? What the heck is he talking about?" and exclaims, "Well, damn it! When is that going to happen?" "Well, your majestry, with our rival civs all proud democratic nations, and with our aggressions knocking our best rivals down, its unlikely we'll see communism over the next 300 years or so. By the way, you look just smashing in the crown. Sir."

Aaargh. Stuck in Monarchy. Well once we have combustion things will be much better. Transports... "SpikeIt, what is the state of our empire?" "Well, Shoguntaka managed to make peace with the backwards Portuguese and seeks to battle the Spanish who dare to rival our military prowess. We have forces off the coast of Santiago. But we have problems at home. Many of our cities are exposed without any military presence at all. I'm sure the rival Vikings with their Beserkers would love to know about these cities. Plus, we can build factories, but we don't seem to have any built. We are building lots of military though."

"Well", Wang Kon comments, "Shoguntaka knows what he's doing. Go attack those Spanish. We can worry about factories and mp's later. And SpikeIt, don't mess up!"

First, all the Spanish resources (saltpeter, iron, horses) are north of their mainland, in Septum. That is target #1. We have 4 cavs in the area. Promptly some move cavs are shipped over their. Second, some frigates and ironclads are spread out to defend against Spanish ships heading toward weakend Korean shores. Lastly, some frigate builds are switched to galleons to ship over troops.

Spanish have troops sitting in our territory.

Deals with English up in 1, with Spanish in 3, with Vikings in 4.

Turn 1 - English deal expires, but they continue it. We decide to take their money.

Turn 2 - We complete Smiths! [party] Spanish, English, and Vikings all know Nationalism now!! :eek:

Turn 3 - Spanish deal is up. We ask them to move their troops. They comply. We end the deal and declare honorably. 8 cavs land outside Septum, guarded buy a pike. A large force lands outside Santiago.

IBT - At least 10 crusaders march out of Madrid heading North! :lol: Spanish frigate/galleon stack heads out of Madrid north. Cav stack fends off weak Spanish attack.

Turn 4 - Attack Spanish ship stack, lose 1 frigate, leave both Spanish frigates but due to bombardment, we manage to sink the galleon with our privateer.

Attack on Septum - easily take it. Goodbye Spanish resources! :D
Attack on Santiago - easily take as well. Santiago is ours. Ready the troops to head toward Madrid and Barcelona. No rifles in view yet.

Start a few factories to boost production. Our home production rather weak except at Seoul.

Viking deal ends. Decide not to renegotiate yet since 2nd deal due in 3.

Anyhow that's where I'm at. The toughest turns I feel have yet to come. I feel Madrid is going to be quite reinforced. And those Crusaders are going to prove interesting to deal with. Plus there are forces outside Kamgung (sp?) threatening. I have a feeling this is where the crusaders are headed. But overall, the Spanish military seems rather weak. Pikes and spears defending. MDI's on offense. Oh, and the stack of crusaders. :(

I should be able to continue tonight! :hammer:

For some reason Wang Kon has gotten the itch to take on the Spanish. Well let's check out our position. Tech wise we are up Steam and Nationalism.
Namwon - defended by pike with Spanish MDI in borders in far North. Spanish city of Pamplona also there.
Kumgang sees Spanish worker, MDIs, etc outside borders. Spanish resources are to north of here. Iron, horses, and salt. Only coal in southern Spanish holdings.
Iri is undefended, as are many cities on mainland and on Dutch conquests.

If we are going to attack, we are attacking in the north first. Cut off Spanish iron, salt and horses, before attacking the main Spanish continent.

The military is decidedly non-naval. 20 boats to 26 cavs, plus many other units. But a nice stack of frigates off eastern coast of Spain should keep them away from our mainland.

We are building lots of military on our mainland and we are two from Smiths. Plan to send some extra troops north to take out Spanish resources. Still land distraction force on Spanish main continent. Frigates take up defensive stance off eastern coast.

[0] 1400AD
Switch some Frigate builds to galleons as we need more. Leave research pulling in gold as it will come in handy.

IBT
Spanish frigate in view.

[1] 1405 AD
Move some troops, workers.
Beth has Nationalism! As does Spain and Scandinavia! Spain will have rifles. Oops.
I'm not sure where the Dutch get their money, but they can actually pay 16gpt for Nationalism. Nah

IBT
We complete Smiths!

[2] 1410AD
Septum is guarded by MDI.
One turn on deal with Spain. If we are attacking. Its next turn before Spain can churn out Rifles. Of course they'll be able to draft.

IBT

[3] 1415AD
Spanish still leave troops in our territory.
Wang Kon, seeing the plan laid out by Shoguntaka, is amused at how the Spanish hope to keep importing our luxuries, yet keep troops in our lands. Well, the time to act is now. Wang Kon was never certain why we stopped our aggression toward the Portuguese, but since Shoguntaka was his most trusted advisor, he knew attacking the Spanish was best for the Korean people. Now if we could just trust SpikeIt to carry out these plans...

We call up Izzy to complain about her troops. She complies with moving them. Dang. Well, let's declare. Honorably, of course. :p

Korea declares war vs Spain!

We land 8 cavs on mountain outside Septum.
SpikeIt's naval prowess comes to the forfront as he bombards a Spanish frigate and then attacks with a vet, losing. :p Another frigate is pulled in and finishes the infidel off.

A large contingent lands next to Santiago.

Argh. We have fortified troops sitting on our mainland! Should have left one active to clue to the stack... Start loading onto a galleon.

IBT
Okay. At least 10 crusaders start heading north from Madrid. A few ships leave Madrid too. No doubt going for Dutch colony. Carthage worker dies - money issues? MDI's approach Kumgang. Some attack our cavs next to Septum.
We learn the Corporation! Start on refining.

Whoa. We can build factories... right we'll start some builds toward that soon.
Our Viking wines go away.

[4] 1420AD
Bombard troops outside Kumgang.
Bombardment of Septum is successful. Nice spear guarding it.
Vet Cav attacks and wins. Cav attacks yellow lined MDI and wins. Cav attacks red lined spear -> wins.
Septum is ours and has 4 resistors. The spanish salt is ours. The iron goes to Portugal and the horses are unclaimed.

Seige of Santiago. Bombardment takes a hp of two pikes.
Cav attacks pike, redlines, but wins.
Next Cav takes Santiago. 4 resistors, a nice market and harbor.

Attacking Spanish fleet. Bombard with Frigate successfully. Attack with Frigate. Lose. Bombard with 3rd Frigate and fail. 4th frigate bombard successfully on 2nd spanish frigate. Privateer sinks Spanish galleon! Nice.

Seige of Barcelona - no bombardment.
Vet Cav vs Reg musket, loses taking on hp.
Vet Cav vs yellow musket, wins w/o a loss.
Vet Cav vs reg spear. Wins w/o loss and captures Barcelona! We keep the city and its dyes. 3 resistors.

Defense of Kumgang: Vet cav attacks reg MDI and wins.
Elite MDI attacks yellow spear and wins.
Elite MDI attacks yellow MDI and wins.
Vet MDI attacks yellow MDI and wins.
Vet Cav attacks red MDI, wins. Spanish front and Kamgang is gone.

Bombard Madrid - guarded by a rifle and a musket at least.
Zaragoza is guarded by a spear! :lol:

IBT
Crusaders march back into Madrid. Well that will make life difficult. Damaged Spanish Frigate flee for...who knows.
Seoul starts a factory

[5] 1425AD
Spain spent some money upgrading. At least 3 rifles in Madrid now.
Seige of Zaragoza - vet cav vs spear wins
Vet cav vs reg spear - wins, promotes and Zaragoza is ours!

Frigates attack wounded Spanish Frigates, sink them both.
Bombard Madrid some more and ready the troops.

IBT
Ouch! In a terrible move on my part, I guard Cav stack outside Santiago with only 1 rifle. 2 Crusaders impale themselves on the rifle, but the 3rd takes the rifle and a whole lot start picking off cavs! :cry:

[6] 1430AD
Bombard the heck out of the crusaders. We can't take the stack, but we can reduce the numbers. Vet Cav attacks yellow crusader. Wins.Vet Cav attacks yellow Crusader - wins. Vet cav attacks yellow crusader - redlines it, but loses. Vet cav attacks yellow crusader - wins. Crusader stack down to 6.

IBT
I'm amazed as the Crusader stack (all yellow or redlined) actually attack our new stack of 4 cavs. 1 Cav retreats, but rest of crusaders die. 1 Crusader retreats.

[7] 1435AD
Sardica - Vet Cav attacks Vet rifle and wins. Vet cav vs reg rifle - wins.Vet cav vs reg musket - loses. Vet cav vs vet yellow musket - wins! Sardica is ours! Contains rax and market.
Vet cav attacks reg musket approaching Kamgung - wins!
Vet cav attacks lone Spanish MDI - wins!

sign ROP with Portugues to hold northern front.

Spain will discuss peace. Not giving up much.
I end the saltpeter for furs deal with Vikings. I will deal with them in a bit.

Madrid is drafting a rifle a turn it seems.

Trade Incense and Saltpeter for Viking Wines, 12gpt, 14 gold and WM.

IBT
Spain and Dutch sign MPP. :lol: Scary.
Spanish longbows pick off a couple of troops. A couple of crusaders head north.
We add a nice facade to the front of our palace.
Oh yeah, the Dutch declare war.

[8] 1440AD
Thinking about making this interesting. I hate MPP's. But with Spanish now spending some cash, I'd hate for them to sign one with the Vikings or English. I may sign on with the Vikings as a deterent. We'll deal with the Brits later. Scratch that. I guess the Vikings don't want war. Very expensive. The real danger will be if the Spanish learn Steam. Steam will pretty much buy an alliance at this stage.

Not much action. Troops approach Madrid again.
Trade England Incense for 9gpt, 81 gold, and WM

IBT
Another crusader heads north... This will prove interesting soon.

[9] 1445AD
Another group of cavs land. A lot of bombardment on Madrid, not the best results, but we're going in.
Seige of Madrid
Vet Cav vs reg rifle - redline, but lose.
Vet Cav vs reg rifle - win
Vet Cav vs conscript rifle - loss
Vet Cav vs conscript - retreat
Vet Cav vs conscript - win
Vet Cav vs conscript - win
Vet Cav vs yellow - win
Vet Cav vs yellow - win
Elite Cav vs red - win, Madrid down to longbow
Vet Cav vs longbow - win! Madrid is ours. As is the Knights Templar.
Has rax, market, bank Oracle, Temple of Artemis, Knights Templar. I'd be surprised if we can hold this.

Move troops toward Seville.

Vitoria must hold a resource as Spanish would never give it up. We'll take it.

IBT
Crusaders move into view in north and a conquistador! No attacks though.
Many resistors quelled. Another edition to our fine palace.

[10] 1450AD
Decide to use troops outside of Salamanco to attack small Spanish stack. Spain is pretty much spent at this point.

Hwachas bombard and kill a crusader. :cool:

Seville guarded by... spear! :lol:
Vet cav vs reg spear - wins
Vet cav vs reg spear - wins
Vet cav vs reg longbow - wins Seville is ours. As are the gems!
On to the Spanish capital of Murcia!

Seige of SalamancaVet cav attacks conquistador - wins and promotes.
Vet cavs clear crusader and spear
Vet cav vs pike at Salamanca wins
Vet Cav vs pike at Salamanca redlines pike, but then loses.
MDI attacks redlined pike and Salmanca is ours. Defense is weak. A market and a bunch of resistors. Spain is down to 2 cities on their main lands.

Elite MDI clears longbow.

Vet Cav attacks crusaders outside Murcia. We wins and pull up on hills outside Murcia. Murcia is guarded by at least 1 rifle.

Okay. Here's the situation. We should be able to take the Spanish mainland with remaining troops. Then just send out troops to take remaining cities. The Vikings are our closest competitors and they have the most money to spend. They'll pay through the nose for Steam which they'll likely promptly trade away. We are still at war with the Dutch as well for what its worth.

I say we focus on Carthage and Portugues next. Conquests of both will bring us pretty close to domination, but we'll probably have to take out the Vikings or England to win this out. With both having rifles now, the war will be fairly bloody.

There are galleons moving towards points to ferry quickly between continents. We need to rail the Spanish conquests to aid in a war versus Portugal or Carthage.

Let's not settle for peace! Ever! :hammer:

Shoguntaka - take it away!

-0blivion- skipped
SpikeIt - Just Played
shogunTaka - Up
Gogf - On Deck if willing

Alright. I PM'd Shoguntaka 4 days ago. No response. I'm going to PM Gogf. If in a couple of days I don't hear back, I'll move this on to Oblivion and maybe try and get a couple others to join. SuperBeaver hasn't played in ages. Balastulin is out for a bit. Gogf hasn't played in ages. I could of sworn I saw a post by Shoguntake elsewhere that he was cranking back his Civ play. Its becoming a pretty lonely game.

It is still an interesting game. Its pretty much on conquest mode at this point. But eventually the AI will be able to defend against us. And with our varient keeping us from getting infantry and tanks for a bit, our army is not as strong as it could be.

-0blivion-
SpikeIt - Just Played
shogunTaka - Can have it if posts
Gogf - PM'ing to check status

Yeah. I PM'd Gogf and he replied on Saturday that he'd play it. But its Wednesday now. If he doesn't claim it by the time you are ready to go, please go ahead. I fear this is down to the two of us, unless someone from DGIT bites from my advertisement. Know anyone else who may want to join? ;)

Hi guys,

I'm in Pusan! It's odd, but given all the hardy work you're doing, there isn't a hint of the victorious conquests in the newspapers. Strange.

Can't play for a while as I'm in a hotel and very very busy. Soon I'll have moved into a flat. I think I'll ask for one in the new Korean suburb of Madrid... very cultural I've heard!

How about that. 300. I didn't even notice. Thanks.

Yes, Madrid is supposed to be a fine Korean town, but lately its been a bit noisy. Although all of the troops in the streets seem a bit frozen in time lately. Ah well.

Glad to here you are getting settled in though. It still cracks me up that you are truly a ship builder in Korea now! That's great.

Hopefully they'll be some action in the game by the time you come back to it. Oblivion is still around and would likely continue the game. And I'll definitely continue it. The others, well, I wouldn't count on them. So maybe when you have some time again, the three of us can complete this baby and put it to rest. If I have some time, I may just play another 10 to at least make it look like there is some activity about. Maybe make that neighborhood in Madrid a little quieter for you!. ;)

Oh, darn, forgot I was up :wallbash:.

Okay, reviewing the situation again (I knid of forgot since last time). Sorry. Well, at least it's summer now, and I won't have those annoying science project delays.

Top Bottom