• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Succesion Game (PG1): The mighty Germans (with edited rules)

Sorry, I should have done this sooner, but here it is.

We're skipping Rymiss. Gumby, you have 24h from now to say if you're going to play. If you don't manifest yourself, I'm ready to take my turn.

People, if you can't play within 48h, don't say you will do it. Either skip your turn, or play just few turns. I know the game is kind of large and it may take a while to play it, but if you want to change the rules, please say so, and then we'll discuss what's the best solution. IMO, 48 to play is still doable.

Sorry guys, but the turns are too long for me too play now. Just haven't got the time. Pggar, you'd better play. Hope it's ok with you!

That's OK.
I'll be able to play around this same time tomorrow. So, if you find some time, you can play a few turns, but if you don't post a file by this time tomorrow, I'll get the file from Smiley and will play it.

1962 - Russian city razed.
1963 - Babylonians are not worried about our infantries in the mountain. Peace with Egypt. They will give 11gold/turn.
1964 - We have a new communist government. Sippar was hazed.

I'll leave you with this Morten. Sorry, but I don't have time now. If nobody disagrees with it, the new rule of succession should be this: the first one of us (listed to play this game) to get the game can play. You should say that you're going to play and you'll have 12h to complete your turn. You can only play again after two other people have played. It would work like a "5 players" open succession game. That way we wouldn't have to wait so much and we would be able to play when we have time. If you guys don't like the idea, we can go on the way we've been doing. What do you think?

I made peace with Russia, and gave the two cities I got to Greece, as they wouldn't have been much help to us at all. That's pretty much it.

This open thing didn't work, so let´s get back to the old order.

Can you play now Gumby?
Could everybody post saying they're alive, just so we can check?

At this moment I dont have time to play. I can play the day after tomorrow, so if anyone can play first it's ok with me.

Tomorrow, I'll be able to play.
Let's finish this game.
Do we need more players? Smiley, Gumby and Rymiss are you still there?

Smiley has shown signs of life too. He's having problems posting in the thread, so we´ll have to pass/get the game to/from him by email. I expect to post the game results by this time tomorrow (maybe a bit sooner). I think 24h confirmation and 3 days to play the game is enough. Do you mind being the next Morten?

Preview

1967 - Infantry army left Moo Point. Greeks were expelled from our continent. Huge force landed at Babylon. Lets see how those Babylonian cavalries (75) do against our army of infantries.
1968 - India and Babylon signed a trade embargo against us. Babylon didn't attack. Hamburg was found near some spice source. We have destroyed Eridu.
1969 - 49 Babylonian cavalries (of 77) approach Hamburg. After killing 27 cavalries all Panzers became elite units. India founded Ganges in our port city location. I can't declare war on India because of our treaties with them. That would make our terrible reputation even worst, and would finish any hope we have of diplomatic victory.
1970 - We have lost 4 panzers and an infantry. Radio and Rocketry were discovered. We have entered the Modern Age. The German people offered to expand the Great Palace of Berlin. Babylonian Cavalry division left with only 26 units. 5 wandering bab infantries and a musketeer were killed and 2 catapults and 4 cannons were captured. That's the first time I see the AI trying to use bombardment units for an attack mission (It's a pity they didn't suceed).

I'll post the game in 30 min (maximun). I just have to finish my last turn.

This was a nice turn. I got to secure our position inside Babylon, which was my primary goal. I also cleaned most polluted tiles (from 11 to 1). The way I see it, there are 2 ways we can win this game. We could have either a histograph victory, that would need the destruction of Babylon ASAP. Or we could launch a Spaceship. I see now that in our last revolution I should have chosen Monarchy instead of Communism. I don't like to use the hurry production option. Also, size 1 cities can't hurry, which is really bad. It took me several hours to finish those 5 turns (1968 included). Don't worry with how many turns you play. Anybody would need a lot of spare time to play 20 turns.

To Do
The next player must decide
- the next science path to take. Space flight will lead us to Space victory faster. Computers will give us Mech. Infantry.
- on whether we should declare war on India or not.
- If we should stay with communism.

I’m leaving a ship filled with workers and settlers near Hamburg. There are some units inside Hamburg that I didn’t move in this turn just to let you position them at your will. Don’t forget that there’s a leader in Berlin.
My suggestions are: Go for Space flight. Use the leader to hush the Apollo program. As soon as all Babylonian cavalries are finished destroy Indian cities and place cities of our own close to the Babs borders to make attack missions easier. A city in Ganges area is also necessary, so we can land troops at Babylon in the same turn as they're created.
Tomorrow I’ll post a picture from the modern age.
Good Luck

Here's the file

Top Bottom