Succession game (Deity)

Sorry guys, didn't have time to play, too much going on in RL. Can play beginning of next week, if you can wait.

It's obvious to me the interest in this game has died, not only for myself (this happened long ago), but in the whole team. With that, I suggest we take a small break and try to get that Deity continents game going soon. :)

Although someone apparently won this, it doesn't necessarily mean we can because simply (as we said so long ago) non-stacked pangaea on Deity isn't easy. It's one thing to play the Maya and get a few cattle, it's another to take some start with the Zulu and try to beat MA civs with horsemen (which was a major accomplishment, in my opinion), and then IA civs with knights (which isn't going to work, partially due to railroads).

Unless anyone wants to still play this out to the end but :confused: I don't really see why. We're past that point where you actually learn anything from it. Certainly I've learnt something from our attempts to win from 10 AD to now.

All the best,
Elear

Wise decision, Elear! Please, have a look at our SGTOM13 and say if you are going to participate. Also I am thinking about new Sid game, "very avarage", like continents an so on. Any interest?

Larkin, I'd definitely be up for such a 'vanilla' Sid game, although I think separate from this one as I'm not sure everyone here would really like the demanding nature of such a game. What team do you have in mind for such a game? Contact me by pm perhaps?

I will check out Sgotm13 -- you are still alive? :eek:

@ Elephantium, ThinkTank, Overseer: Please do let me know about your interest in a further Deity game, but with easier settings.

I'd try a Deity as standard continents with an Agricultural civ. With continents, more is possible, such as phony wars, suicide curraghs/galleys, trading between continents to our benefit, etc. Deity is 2 levels above my comfort zone, and it needs to be a little easier than a Pangaea.

I'm kind of on a Civ break these days, sorry. I just haven't had any enthusiasm for the game since Christmas. Even keeping up with this game was almost more than I wanted to do.

I'm kind of on a Civ break these days, sorry. I just haven't had any enthusiasm for the game since Christmas. Even keeping up with this game was almost more than I wanted to do.

:goodjob: Hey, thanks for everything. It was a lot of fun playing with you in this SG, and others.

I'd try a Deity as standard continents with an Agricultural civ. With continents, more is possible, such as phony wars, suicide curraghs/galleys, trading between continents to our benefit, etc. Deity is 2 levels above my comfort zone, and it needs to be a little easier than a Pangaea.

Let's see...

Here are my thoughts.

Level: Deity
Civ: Aztecs
Map size: Standard
AIs: 7
Landmass: 60 percent continents
Climate: Normal, Temperate, 4 billion
Barbarians: None
Standard rules

I think that would be a very interesting game.

Let's see...

Here are my thoughts.

Level: Deity
Civ: Aztecs
Map size: Standard
AIs: 7
Landmass: 60 percent continents
Climate: Normal, Temperate, 4 billion
Barbarians: None
Standard rules

I think that would be a very interesting game.
It is similar to my "presettings" for Sid, but Iroquis stronger, than Azteks.
But 60% water continents standart will make transcontinent contacts easer.
Probably we will start soon as a trio (Me, Ignas, TheRat). Nobody else sign yet.
Would you like to try as well?

Larkin, I'm up for that. I'll keep an eye out for a thread?

(The reason I suggested Aztecs for this game is that Iroquois are easier and I didn't want to stack it)

Yes, let's roll a new one. I'm OK with the settings as suggested by Elear. But preferably I'd like to start in a month or 2. The coming 2 months I will be very busy, as there are a lot of bridge tournaments in spring, and add to this that I'm in the middle of a career switch, and I'm already in 3 SGs, and . . .

If you want to start sooner then put me down as lurker who may want to play some rounds eventually.

ThinkTank, I'm strongly preferrable to our current team as I think despite everything we had a good showing in this one.

So I vote to wait; maybe Elephantium will be more able/willing by then as well.

I'll keep in touch.

Top Bottom