Suggestion for New Naval Unit: Ice Breaker

I'm also thought much about the implementing of this unit in game and here are my five kopecks:

As far as I can see now there is two ways of implementing Ice Breakers in game, and in both methods I can see it only as a Civil unit, not otherwise.

1. Simple method: We do not need any modifying of the ice tiles. The Ice Breaker as a Civil Unit stacks with any desired military naval unit then user clicks "tow" action (an
action icon like every great person have, that technically "boards" military unit on the Ice Breaker) and Ice Breaker "leads" a unit through the ice literaly ON the ice tiles and then "untows" it, when on clear water. One, or two hexes per turn. Same applies to embarked land units. The only thing that conflicts with that concept is that it can not "tow" workboats wht can hurt feelings of many layers significantly.

2. Complex method: The one that discussed here a lot. Is that Ice Breaker unit replaces n Ice Tile by the Ocean Tile on one or two turns, while it's movement is 1 or 2. This one is better becase it allows to lead more than one ship at a time, and also allows to lead workboats (what is more important). But it requires heavy scripting, while the above method doesn't requires any tile rplacement.

Also I heavily COUNTER the "Ice Breaker" promotion for any military unit, because military ships can not pass through the ice in any case. Ind if they could it would be OP.

Thanks for your time.

Yeah, ice really messed up my plans. I have a large inland sea and the only way in is with two canal cities I built, but the problem is that it's down near the south pole, so it's still inaccessible because of ice :wallbash:

Top Bottom