1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Big Heb

Big Heb Chieftain

Italy spawning later in the 1700 AD requires Austria to be unstable, which happens pretty often actually.

For Italy to spawn in 600 AD scenario, which it does around 1100 AD, either Venice or Rome needs to remain independent. I like to use WB to stop armies from France, Spain or Germany from invading so Italy can at least spawn, as in practice Venice falls like a fly to Germany and Rome eventually gets wrecked a couple hundred years later. Honestly, I'm all for making indy Rome a lot better guarded, perhaps even starting with a Castle.

2. civcivcivcivciv

civcivcivcivciv Chieftain

yes even epic it s so fast i think.

want to enjoy more slowly.

3. sercer88

sercer88 Chieftain

I don't think that's part of the game any more. Or at least in 1.12 (I don't have the SVN update thingy) At least, I remember founding an arctic coast city (my 17th city total) just recently and my tech bar did not move backward.

I don't know what the easiest way to make this happen would be, I just know that by looking at England's city screens I can see they're researching at 40%, but still getting enough :science: to be researching Mass Media in about 10 turns, while I'm researching Industrialism at 60-70% in 18-20 turns. So basically my techs must cost at least twice as much as England's??

I haven't played every civ yet (since I found this mod recently) but so far in the games I have been able to discern, I know that everything is stacked against my chances at being the tech leader - no matter which civ I choose.

Some players aren't as advanced in their strategies and methods or whatever and still others might just not want to work so darn hard on a supposedly "easy" difficulty setting.
    Or again, maybe I'm just talking about myself?

4. civcivcivcivciv

thanks to reply Big Heb

and i saw some news about 1.13 new version.

next version canada or austrailia would be there ?

just curiosed :)

5. DarkLunaPhantom

DarkLunaPhantom Chieftain Supporter

Canada yes, Australia no. Polynesia and Harrapa are also new additions that will be present in 1.13.

Beside those 3 civs, other new civs are very unlikely, at least until Leoreth rewrites the whole spawning system.

6. ezzlar

ezzlar Chieftain

No tech penalties for population or number of cities any more. The increase in maintenance is supposed to account for the penalty.

And different civs have different tech modifiers. Else the largest civs would always be the most advanced.

7. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Knoedel Imperator Satani Filius Augustus Nooborum

Realistically speaking colonies shouldn't contribute much to research I think, at least not as much as they do to wealth. Now how could we achieve that the game behaves similarly? Maybe core cities should get a bonus to research, or non core cities a penalty to it? Alternatively the hammer cost of research and gold buildings could be adjusted, so that Markets and Grocers are cheaper than Libraries, Observatories and Universities, so building research multiplying buildings is only worth it in established high commerce cities while you can get gold from pretty much everywhere, which is realistic I think.

8. narvego

narvego Chieftain

Is blocked a map screen (to moving a map in any direction) when UN voting options or Congress options are shown. Is there a possibility to unblock moving a map?

9. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

I don't think so. The window system in Civ works in a way where the only way to remove focus from an open window is to close it, and you need focus on the main interface to scroll.

10. char81

char81 Chieftain

In the 1700 scenario, why not use the Italians to represent the Papal States. Alternatively the city of Florence can be included and the Italians could hold Rome, Venice and Florence or just Florence and Venice. With this the situation could be represented more realistically and we could avoid the problem of the AI taking Rome all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. MechatronicJazz

MechatronicJazz Chieftain

If I'm not mistaken, Italy has two opportunities to spawn: 1100 to represent the Medieval and Renaissance city states, and in the 1800s, to represent the modern state of Italy. I have no idea what the conditions for the latter are.

12. civcivcivcivciv

when does it release 1.13 version ?

13. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Knoedel Imperator Satani Filius Augustus Nooborum

Is Leoreth now that much of a cyborg that referring to it with a "him" is no longer appropriate?

14. civcivcivcivciv

ah sorry about that.

just curioused it :)

and is there anyone please ?

what is this song name ?

vittorio industrial

the music of deplomacy Cavour

so nice :)

15. Eric Cartmenez

Eric Cartmenez Chieftain

:lol:

16. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

There are days where I feel like my body only exists to interface with a compiler at least.

17. Xfactor

Xfactor Chieftain

I would like to address and issue that ive noticed recently - Italy and European civs.

Basicly its that whoever controls Italy becomes a tech/military/colony/etc powerhouse.And that ruins the balance in europe.
    Examples are - France controls Italy - Early astronomy - conqurers - settling america - war on spain - Mega france

Same with HRE , which even without Italy does pretty nice before prussian spawn but with italian cities HRE gets balkans, pushes the turks out who on 3000BC starts roll the dice anyway on byz cities not being razed and having a good start themselfs and now if HRE controls Italy they pretty much have no chance in doing anything.

3rd and final example is Vikings, which has a player factor in it - Italy counts as foreign core for the 1st UHV and thus Vikings arent supposed to conqured England or France in occasions which ruins the balance again.

Basicly what i am saying is that Italian cities after the collapse of romans give a huge edge to whoever controlls them even if romans have build alot of wonders which makes it even worse. This can be fixed by simply making Italy spawn every time, not just when there is an indi city on the peninsula, or returning an old mechanic - whoever controls Italian cities has a chance for them to separete from the empire by independance no matter the stability of the empire, the AI or player has a number of options to prevent this - Bribe (% chance) , do nothing and rely purely on his empire's stability (again % chance which might be exactly as the stability in numbers) , send troops , etc.

I know that historicly speaking HRE controled northern Italy and Spain controled Naples but those were just periods of time, not from 7th till 20 century which happens in the game.

This would also make some UHVs harder, would let the turks have some breathing room if they have a bad start, but on the other side will delay teching and thus a problem which is still not resolved ( europe colonizing rather late, conqurers in 1600+ ) will still stay.

its just something i am throwing as an idea here.

18. Alpaya

Alpaya Chieftain

Also possible to collapse Ancient Roman Empire to their core city instead of collapsing to Independent cities. I think it's more accurate historically. Roman Empire still existed after Barbarian invasions, but it became very small and weak.

19. Xfactor

Xfactor Chieftain

well i was also thinking about making it a papal state, as make the romans build the apo palace for instance, but the mechanic would ruin alot of other mechanics and diversity in UHV (HRE speaking), also if they collapse to the core i am not certain that the AI could handle the barbs even so, not to mention they stayed revelant as Roman Empire till like 6-7th century so it would be a small timeframe anyways...

I was just throwing the idea to see what you guys think about this situation, i know everyone aims for Italian cities when starting an EU civ, even with England...

20. civcivcivcivciv

bugoption - failed writing INI file

this message irritating me

how can i hind it ?

when i play first time there s no bug option message

but after i load save file the bug option message always alert me