1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Can we make it possible to mouse over the flag and see the UP benefit description, much like in vanila mousing over the flag lets you see Leader's traits' benefits?

2. Big Heb

Big Heb Chieftain

Self-admitted historical connoisseur. :lol:

But it also makes the Middle East a lot less messy for civs that spawn later, from a UHV standpoint.

3. sebzilla

sebzilla Chieftain

Once again raising the idea of having a Pentarchy goal for either Byzantium's UHV or the Orthodox URV. If we end up with an Antioch, anyway.

4. Big Heb

Big Heb Chieftain

Mmmm now I am even more zealous about the idea. :D

Oh one last qualm. In many games I find barbarians going into indy cities and, instead of taking them over and becoming barbarian cities, they often raze them with no geopolitical reason for doing so. As Arabia, I would find Tripoli and Aksum razed, and Ethiopia rarely spawns in the 600 AD map from my experience so Ethiopia often goes untouched by any civ the whole game. And as Rome, the barbarians will also raze the Celtic cities rather than take them over, which is also rather ahistorical given how the Visigothic, Frankish and Lombard kingdoms came to be. Perhaps it's because they only had pop 1, but I personally think auto-raze on pop 1 is a bad idea in of itself.

5. Shadow Warlord

Shadow Warlord Chieftain

Damascus is equally as important as Antioch, but if we're looking at the long game then Damascus wins out over Antioch because it's both a major city and the capital of Syria. Antioch itself doesn't last long after the Crusades and is basically gone by the Renaissance.

6. Big Heb

Big Heb Chieftain

Fair point. Damascus has had greater historical staying power.

Alternatively, once the Arabs spawn and take the Levant by flip, perhaps a similar auto-destroy should be down to Tyre and auto-settle Damascus 1E. Tyre was still technically a notable enough city in Roman times, so it could adequately represent Antioch. Or hell, technically speaking, Antioch lies on the same tile as Tyre on the Roman settlement map (Tyre is 1S there), so perhaps we could just have Roman control rename it to Antiochia instead of Tyrus, and then do the Damascus thing. For the Pentarchy idea, if the player Byzantines control it and refuse the flip, Antioch could stay.

7. char81

char81 Chieftain

Would it be possible to implement some sort of Liberty desire for vassals? Unless a civ collapses or has a crisis, vassals tend to perpetually stay under the rule of their masters. This is fairly unhistorical and when a vassal civ (like Portugal or France) expands a lot it can often match their master's power later on. I suggest we have some sort of vassal independence mechanism that depends on a vassal's power compared to the master and its distance from the master. Perhaps there could also be some sort of way for congresses/the UN and other civs to affect the independence process as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Knoedel Imperator Satani Filius Augustus Nooborum

Since when is France usually a vassal?

9. MechatronicJazz

MechatronicJazz Chieftain

I believe that you can use the UN to force people to release vassals. Those resolutions rarely (if ever) come up though, unless the player does it and the AI usually vote it down anyway. I have seen relatively powerful vassals break away, but I agree it's not common.

10. char81

char81 Chieftain

It happens, sometimes the HRE, Spain or Prussia go wild. If you want a better example, there's Poland, Spain (sometimes) and the Italians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. MechatronicJazz

I also see the Eyalet (sp?) of Germany sometimes (Prussia as an Ottoman vassal). Unless they have a really bad early game, even vassal Prussia usually does decently in Europe. I think I've seen them break away from the Ottomans in these circumstances, but I can't recall for sure.

12. Visard

Visard Chieftain

There was previously talk about Egypt's spawn location.
    So I want to show you my ideas since I am both min-maxer and historical connoisseur. :p

The Egypt started as union of two kingdoms so it should start with two cities.
    It should spawn on Memphis and independent Thebes would flip.

I added food and production for Memphis which won't compete with Alexandria.
    I also moved some resources and added desert hill for Thebes but those changes aren't so important.

This would make the game easier of course.
    But then the UHV:s can be made more challenging and interesting.

1. UHV (Valley of The Kings or Middle Kingdom)
    Build the Pyramids and Sphinx by 1690BC (End of Middle Kingdom)
    2. UHV (Ramesses the Great or New Kingdom)
    Control Yerushalayim and have 500 Culture by 1069BC (End of New Kingdom)
    3. UHV (Ptolemaic Dynasty)
    Control the Great Lighthouse & the Great Library and have 5000 Culture in 30BC (End of Ptolemaic Period)

I would also suggest that the Hanging Gardens should require Pottery so that it is more likely to built by Babylonia.
    And maybe the Pyramids could require desert or inland city so that it won't be built in Alexandria.

Attached Files:

13. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

^ Why does your second image show medieval graphics in the classical era?

I am sick of Zoroastrianism spreading to Western Europe before Christianity is founded every game! It was never a proselytizing religion, you cannot even convert to it! Imho it should spread only to cities in or near Iran, and only if they are owned by a Zoroastrian civ (since it was used as the royal Persian cult). Natural spreading should be removed, along with missionaries and monasteries. These could be given to them if certain conditions are met to 'reform' the faith, like the Adur Farnbag being built and the owning civ being Zoroastrian and having Theology.

14. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I concur. Perhaps an incense must be required for automatic spread, much like certain conditions have to be met for auto corporation spread.

15. MechatronicJazz

Given how closely Zoroastrianism is linked to ancient Persia, I wonder if it might work to have it auto-spread to all Persian cities (built or conquered), similar to how Islam spreads for some civs. Then just cut out all organic spread and Zoroastrianism will only do as well as Persia does. Still allows for alt-histories, but in a bit more realistic way.

16. Imp. Knoedel

Why do we even need Zoroastrianism as its own religion if it only had been adopted by a single civ? Why not just treat it as another Pantheon? Because it's monotheistic? Didn't seem to bother anyone when Judaism was cut.

17. Publicola

Publicola Chieftain

I agree entirely. I'd actually say there's a much stronger case for Judaism than for Zoroastrianism. Like Zoroastrianism, Judaism was limited to a single nation, though Israel (unlike Persia) does not appear in the game. However, unlike Zoroastrianism, Judaism spread outside a single region, and substantially affected the course of European and Mediterranean history. Ideally I'd like to see the Jewish version of a monastery give +10% :gold: instead of :science:, but even with normal conditions the +1 :c5unhappy: for non-state religion and disruptive effects of a persecution adequately reflect its historical elements. I just don't get that from Zoroastrianism.

18. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

I agree, but I think that Judaism should only have its own special building available in non-Jewish civs. Something like 'Jewish Quarters.' I also think that the bonus should be more substantial than 10%, but that it should cut culture (like 10-20%).

19. Hobs

Hobs Chieftain

New Wonder: Golden Gate Bridge

Requires: Industrialism, Steel, Coast, Mountain within BFC

Effects:
    +2 GPP (Great Engineer)
    +3:food:, +4:culture:, +25%:culture: in this city
    Double population increase from Immigration to your civilization

20. Imp. Knoedel

Genetics: +1 Food for Farms and Pastures
    Robotics: +1 Production for all improvements but Cottages, Hamlets, Farms and Forest Preserves.