1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

Yeah, it'd be nice, but I don't know how to make that happen (and they weren't previously either).

2. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Maybe with a vertical layout like this?

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

3. Leoreth

Looks awkward imo.

4. citis

citis Deity

Additional effect for trading company (the corporation):

Enables land mercenaries under mercantilism.

So the human players instead of recieving an army, they should buy it. AI can benefit also.

5. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Is there any way to encourage 3000 BC England to pay more attention to Celtic Dublin? Even if it stay empty English never try to capture it, or declare a war on Celts. Perhaps Scotland could start Celtic too, and initial conquest would spill over Ireland relatively early, especially given the fact that England starts with Galleys. Current situations feels double uncomfortable considering the fact that England never had Scotland from the start, like suggested by the mod, actually England never been able to capture Scotland, while as early as in 1171 English king pronounced himself Lord of Ireland.

Sometimes I see Celtic Dublin even on 3000 BC starts as America!

6. Leoreth

It's the naval invasion problem.

7. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Simperator Knoedel

But why is that a problem in the first place? Not even the unmodded AI is that stupid with naval invasions. Hell, back in Vanilla on an Archipelago map Japan landed a stack of Grenadiers on my main island!

8. Leoreth

It generally is.

9. Imp. Knoedel

No, it really isn't. In an unmodded BtS PBEM an AI actually managed to capture a city of mine with a surprise naval invasion on my home island some months ago. If unmodded Stalin can get himself in a two front war and unload three Galleons' worth of units next to a human player's city on the other side of the world on an Archipelago map, capturing said city two turns later after bombardment, then you really can't call that bad. I even lost a Great General in that fight. :cry:

10. Leoreth

Well I will take your anecdotal story over my educated judgment then :rolleyes:

11. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

To be fair, I have seen the AI execute brilliant intercontinental naval invasions... I remember hordes of Galleons showing up to conquer west Africa from Brazil. Dozens upon dozens upon dozens of units... It really was scary. :p

12. Ballazic

Ballazic King

To be fair, a few anecdotal stories (I've had surprise invasions from the Spanish in Japan with Jaguars etc) doesn't change the fact that generally the Ai sucks with naval invasions. The exceptions prove the rule and stick out as a story worth sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. trevor

trevor Warlord

If there's ever to be a Swahili civ (which would be really cool) I think adding at least two new rows of tiles coast to coast to sub-Saharan Africa north of Mbanza Kongo (62, 20) would help give space for the two Congos & Angola as well representation of Kenya/Tanzania/Mozambique.

When paired with ozqar's enlargement of SW Asia, the Cape's location relative to SW Australia could also be maintained.

14. citis

citis Deity

Forge: +1 artist slot under Guilds

15. Malchar

Malchar Prince

Is it possible to create a new military unit that works like privateers on land? It's basically a unit that looks like a barbarian which you can use to attack others without declaring war. It would represent state-sponsored terrorism which mainly started during the Cold War. The unit should be similar to marines except slightly weaker so that they're not completely superior.

I know that it's difficult to quantify recent/current/future historical developments into the game. However, I think that this unit is so ambiguous that it will cover any current or future developments in military tactics.

This unit would also make modern warfare significantly more interesting and fun because it gives you so many options. You can threaten small backwards nations without worrying about defensive pacts. You can also harass powerful nations by threatening their workers and tile improvements. I've always been a huge fan of privateers, and I want those gameplay mechanics to carry into the modern era.

I think that this unit would be a nice modern complement to the spy and espionage system. I love the current espionage system, but it doesn't allow you to actually attack and defeat enemy units or cities. In the modern era, you should be able to do this. It's unclear if you should be allowed to actually capture cities with the units, but that can be worked out in development.

16. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

Interesting idea!

Why not add a diplomatic mission as well where you create a spawn of barbarians near the city?

17. Grifguz

Grifguz Warlord

Alongside this, why not Barbarian "spies" that would function as a representation of terrorism?

18. citis

citis Deity

Yes, why not let's have four waves of barbarian activity:
    *Animals (ancient era)
    *Invaders (classical era, medieval era)
    *Pirates (renaiscance era)
    *Terrorists (Global era, Digital era)

C2C has some interesting sea futures, like sea grass, kelp and reefs. Maybe add them in the pasific to be more interesting?

19. citis

citis Deity

instead of removing unhealthiness, maybe it should convert it to production, something like:

*Converts 25% of :yuck: into :hammers:

(It means the 25% of :yuck: is subtracted from total unhealthiness and converted directly into hammers, that are added into initial :hammers: harvest)

20. Imp. Knoedel

Soooooo recycling centers encourage maximizing unhealth? Which means they are directly antithetical to Environmentalism's reduction of unhealth?

Btw in case Central Planning still has that stupid negative commerce for several improvements, it should be replaced with a negative modifier to trade route commerce instead, or maybe the same penalty that Mercantilism has currently.