1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

There's enough misinformation about what I think from people misinterpreting my own words, so there is no need for people to add to that by speaking on my behalf, especially when what they're saying isn't even my stance.

2. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Haven't you stated multiple times before that you're not going to use respawns? I distinctly remember you telling people to stop thinking in terms of new civs being respawns of old ones.

Jarlaxe Baenre likes this.
  3. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

First of all, whether or not I have is irrelevant. Even if your statement was accurate it was made in a way that mischaracterised my attitude towards the topic.

But I am only opposed to lines of thinking like "We should add Israel as a civ and it could be a Babylonian respawn" because they rest on the assumption that it is in any way better if a civ is added as a respawn of another civ when it is in fact worse. On the other hand, Peru being an Incan respawn makes sense because modern Peru is in many ways a continuation of native Andean polities including the Inca Empire. In fact the Inca can already have Peruvian dynamic names in the mod as is. Now it is of course debatable whether that is the best way to represent Peru but it is in no way an inherently wrong idea. To add further dimension to this discussion I would also maintain that adding an extra slot plus civilisation for every polity you can think of is also not always a good idea. Your characterisation of my position on the topic erases all nuance from my actual opinion on this topic and on top kind of makes me look like an easily triggered jerk. I don't think that's good joke material in the first place but more importantly not everyone may realise this aspect of such a post and take its content at face value.

I am also kind of frustrated that this whole ordeal forced me to type out this whole paragraph because I could think of better ways to spend my time.

4. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Very sorry, I didn't mean to paint you in that light at all, but I see that, especially with my second comment, it did. I did not mean to insult you nor did I mean to characterize you as easily angered. My intention was in being silly and lighthearted in the vein of Konigsburg, hence my use of the phrases "delet this" and "blood oath", but I failed in maintaining that levity in my following posts.

5. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Chieftain

I Bolivia/Peru civilization would be nice, but probably not a high priority. Not convinced it will happen, unless Merijin intends to do it.

6. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Chieftain

I like having lots of civs in the mods. But having the option to select or deselect all the 60 odd civs in the world builder would be good, that way people could run DOC with as few or as many civs as they want.

ozqar likes this.
  7. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Bolivia/Peru is currently not on my list of civ I will include soon. But if you can provide me with good ideas for UHV, UU, UB, UP etc. and preferably links to art files I may consider including it to my list. (Basically doing most of the research)

I'm considering creating such an option for my "all new civ" modcomp. At least for the new civs. I think it will have 3 options: Forced, Conditional (if applicable) and No spawn.

8. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Chieftain

I will look into it.

9. turtalic

turtalic Chieftain

Thanks so much Leoreth for all your work on this mod! I'm finding it really hard to even try Civ V and VI because DoC has so much depth.

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Thanks for playing. And, um, same.

11. soul-breathing

soul-breathing Chieftain

Tibet and Xinjiang could be China's Historical or at least Contested Area, after China enters Renaissance. Also the same with Manchuria civ, @merijn_v1

12. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Incan UP can also include "no penalty in spreading culture to peak tiles".

13. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

It already does, that just isn't explicitly in the description.

Cosmos1985 likes this.
  14. KeeperOT7Keys

KeeperOT7Keys did nothing wrong

after reading the alternative map thread, I thought maybe we can have some ancient wonders (or tie them to existing ones) providing ancient unique resources, like porcelain or glass, similar to how great movies/hits etc. work.

15. citizenofdoom

citizenofdoom Chieftain

Do not make more respawn, at the first time, i see respawn is stupid because we already have % of respawn if stablity low

16. Fresol

Culture should spread diagonally across water. Just look at Sardinia and Crete, it's ugly and the sheep & wine cannot be connected to trade routes.

1SDAN and Imp. Knoedel like this.
  17. ianchen

ianchen Chieftain

So uhh i don't know if people have suggested this before but i would want the Ancient Civilizations such as the Chinese to be split into multiple playable civs.

Chinese Spawn 1 (3000 BC to 590 AD)

Since there are 3 spawn dates, is it possible to have 3 Chinese civs? The first one is focused on Pre-3 kingdoms period (particularly the Qin and the Han dynasties). There's already the Qin Shi Huang protrait which is good for this case.

Leader: Qin Shi Huang
    Unique Power: (Kinda got this idea from RFCA/RFCCW forgot which one) Each captured city provides an archer?
    Unique building: Some sort of barrack thing that boosts milltary production/ half exp needed to promote?
    Unique unit: I remember vaguely from RFCA, it's the Qin milltia? Replaces spearman. 5 Attack, +25% against archer +25% against fighting a city
    Historical goals: 1) Qin Shi Huang's dream?: Unify China, control, conquer or vassalize? Korea and Vietnam by 110 ADish
    2) Build the Terracota Army and the Great Wall by 220 BC?
    3) Do not lose a city to barbarians or Independents before 590 AD
    Notes: Because we are using Qin Shi Huang as the leader, it would be weird for him to build Confucian and Taoists monasteries. He is not a fan of those two religions*. He believes in Legalism*. The conquest of Korea (Gojoson but we'll leave it as Korea i guess) and Vietnam was done by the Han dynasty. The last goal was to reflect the yellow turban rebellion (barbarians) + the three Kingdoms (Wu, Wei and Shu) as Independents?

Chinese Spawn 2 (618 AD to 1644AD)

This one is mainly focused on the Tang/Song dynasty and is more focused on culture and research rather than conquest. Why Culture? Because the Tang Dynasty is famous for its poems and prosperity.

Leader: Tang Taizong
    Unique power: Current Chinese Unique Power/ Every building that generates culture, it's building cost would also be added to culture (ex. If the theatre costs 300 hammer, it will add 300 culture to the city)
    Unique building: Chinese Pavilion Give culture can turn 2 citizen into artists?
    Unique unit: Current unit Cho-Ko-Nu
    Historical goals: 1) Make Chang'an (capital) the most culture and most populous in the world in 950 AD.
    2) Be the first to research compass, paper, printing, gunpowder (the current one)
    3) Do not lose a city to the Mongols, ensure no foreign culture is in the China region by 1644 AD.

Chinese Spawn 3 (1644 AD to End)

This one is mainly focused on Qing dynasty and modern China. We already have Empreor Kangxi so that's good. The Goals would be focused on conquest and tech?

Leader: Empreor Kangxi
    Unique power: ?
    Unique building: ?
    Unique unit: Qing Banner Army replaces heavy horseman
    Historical goals: 1) Be the first to complete tech tree
    2) Control 10% land and 20% population, Have at least 5 vassals
    3) Be the first in GNP, Manufacturing goods, crop yield

1SDAN likes this.
  18. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

The Manchurians (Qing and modern China) has already been made as a mod by @merijn_v1 so if Leoreth decides to add them, we already have a good base.

EdmundIronside likes this.
  19. Zaddy

Zaddy Chieftain

With the recent reduction in core population weighting in the late game, the current domination victory conditions are near impossible without excessive Golden Age cheese or playing a select few civs. I'm unsure if this is something you can control, but could you possibly lower the numbers required to win a domination victory?

Leoreth likes this.
  20. Fresol

1. The Great Canal wonder should require "no river" instead, as a city situated by a river would not need a huge canal. After the Great Canal is built, the city should get +2 health from supply of fresh water. The Great Canal should keep its old effects in addition.

2. Levee should not require a river. Many cities can benefit from this change.