Suggestions and Requests

Suggestion for improvements:

Persian Immortals should be able to build roads same way as Roman Legions.
It could be normal road, or same as Roman Roads which should then be renamed as Imperial Roads.
The prototype of Roman roads was the Royal Road built by the Persian king Darius I that joined Sousa to Sardeis.
That was more than 2.500 km long. Indeed, even the first European road was constructed by Persians.

Another thing I would like, is that previous improvements on the tile makes new improvements little faster to build.
For example:
All kind of roads make improvements 1 turn faster to build, including better roads.
Farms make Cottages and Watermills 1 turn faster to build.
Forts and Ruins make Cottages 2 turn faster to build.

It is very odd that there are two foreign tiles in the middle of the Greek core/historical/contested areas.
One above Constantinople, and one in Armenia.
Shouldn't they be included as core/historical/contested area?
I see no particular reason for those two tiles to be specifically considered foreign.

Attachments

• Greece.png
    Greece.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 371
It is very odd that there are two foreign tiles in the middle of the Greek core/historical/contested areas.
One above Constantinople, and one in Armenia.
Shouldn't they be included as core/historical/contested area?
I see no particular reason for those two tiles to be specifically considered foreign.
IIRC those are mountains.

Yeah, those spots would be very good city spots for Greece if they were not considered non-historical.
Now that we see it in-game, that tile 1W1N of Constantinople is not even just foreign. It is foreign core!

Yeah, those spots would be very good city spots for Greece if they were not considered non-historical.
Now that we see it in-game, that tile 1W1N of Constantinople is not even just foreign. It is foreign core!

This has no meaning. The only difference is that one of them just happens to be in the core of another civ. You do not get an extra stability penalty or whatsoever.

My mistake, I thought we were talking about the foreign tiles of Mount Olympus and whatever is 2N of it.

I am not sure how this would work with the game mechanics, but is it possible to put attach an earliest year for which certain Great Wonders can be built?
Playing as Brazil, it's sort of frustrating to see the Dutch finish Wembley in the 1860s.

There is already a mechanic that prevents the AI from building wonders that are required for an UHV until you spawn. Although that mean you can still be very unlucky if the build it immediately after spawn.

There is already a mechanic that prevents the AI from building wonders that are required for an UHV until you spawn. Although that mean you can still be very unlucky if the build it immediately after spawn.
Stupid Dutch and their high work ethic...

Have you though about using in DOC any of the Future Era techs and units from the Next War mod?

Yeah, I thought most of it was not really fitting. My old plans to expand the late game content still stands and I will hopefully be able to start with that soon.

I have two Civ suggestions and they're for North America

The Iroquois:

LH: Deganawida and Hiawatha (These 2 LH can be easily found in mods like AND)

Unique Power: The Power of Warpaths - Units move faster in forest tiles
Unique Unit: Mohawk (the Native unit) - Replaces Arquebuisier. Same stats and promotions that the barb unit has currently
Unique Building: Longhouse (Replaces Forge) - 25% Production, +1 Production for Forest Tiles

The Sioux:

LH: Sitting Bull (duh)

Unique Power: The Power of the Great Plains - All Cavalry Units receive +25 Open Terrain Attack promotion
Unique Unit: Mounted Brave (The Native Unit) - Replaces Cuirassier. Same stats and requires only horses to build
Unique Building: Teepee (Replaces Stable) - Stable stats, Plains get +1 Food.

Altough these ideas are probably unbalanced, i'm just giving the idea of making North American civs to represent the natives since the relationship with colonists and indians weren't always with war, which usually is what represented with the random native units spawning in the borders. That being said, England, France, America and Canada might have some... well... hostile relations with these civs.

I’ll second a Sioux civ—the Iroquois would be cramped but viable but there’s absolutely room for a Great Plains civ. Maybe Comancheria as an alternative? And the whole goals would be about raiding the US/Mexico and maybe seeking outside support from a civ like the British or French. Have them spawn in the 18th century—19th is far too late.

Assimiliating cities with already high pop might destabilize european civs too much.
Also i wouldnt want to see AI natives ruin my new world city location designs.

Assimiliating cities with already high pop might destabilize european civs too much.
Also i wouldnt want to see AI natives ruin my new world city location designs.
Perhaps conquering North American native cities auto-razes them without stability penalties?

I don't think there's a case of a native settlement being taken and used as a city by europeans, is there?

Top Bottom