Suggestions and Requests

I actually intend to do this during 1.18. Many of the new terrains introduced do not really look well next to the base game terrain, and I do not want to maintain versions of them for both graphics sets.
++ Blue Marble just looks ✨better✨. :crazyeye:

It might be good for Ethiopia to start with a war galley, it seems that very often one or even two barbarian war galleys come by right at the beginning and destroy your fish before there's really anything you can do about it.

Should be nice if captured spies could generate espionage points to the civilization that capture them or at least give some experience points to the closest spy. Discovering and capturing another spy means that your civilization is adapting itself to defend against such attacks. This could better reward the player and AI civilizations by giving more espionage experience to the civilization or, in a small scale, to the spy unit that helped reveal its rival. The bonus could be +0,5 or +1 espionage experience point or 1 or 2 points of experience to the closest spy. Since at some time in the game, the AI train many spy units to do a lot of sabotage, the only reward the player gains from stopping an spy in its territory is a free of spy turn. This suggestion would allow the civilizations to be better rewarded by stopping rival acts of espionage.

Is not getting spied on not good enough?

Well, my suggestion was just to increase the dynamics of the spies and the civilization's espionage development, since the AI doesn't generate much Great Spies and it still very slow and costly for civilizations to generate them.

I suggest to add a unit dialogue for Civs like Indonesia, Tamil, and Kongo. Consider that Poland and Italy have their own unit dialogue.
Well they'd need sound clips first, which isn't that simple to obtain.

Where do the Italian and Polish ones come from anyway?

I suggest to add a unit dialogue for Civs like Indonesia, Tamil, and Kongo. Consider that Poland and Italy have their own unit dialogue.
This would require someone to do so, unless a computer voice was used.

Someone made recordings for Poland and Italy. Unless that happens again (at sufficient quality), the best approximations will have to be used instead.

Someone made recordings for Poland and Italy. Unless that happens again (at sufficient quality), the best approximations will have to be used instead.
Do you think robo voices are advanced enough at this point to create recordings of acceptable quality?

I don't, and also I consider using AI voices unethical.

Do you really want a TTS voice to talk to you when you give unit orders?

TBH no, at least not if it's bad quality. My first option would be to have someone here do the voices or pay someone to deliver a more professional job.

I have a suggestion for drafted units. Drafted units should get a "promotion" of -20% strength when attacking, until after their first battle, and then they should lose it. Mobilization like this leads to rushed training, poor morale, and it should be incentivized to use them defensively.

Personally, I also think there should be a much higher stability hit for drafted units losing offensive battles as well, since mobilized deaths are inherently more political, though idk if that can be implemented.

(personally I also think, at some point along the tech tree, drafting a city should give 2 units, or it gives 2 units after a certain population threshold in the city (with same -pop and unhap as 1 unit))

Edit: just adding on a bit, but I think the game is missing the feeling of mass mobilization during 19th/20th century conflicts, and allowing 2 units drafted per turn would really turn up that feeling of total war during the world wars period, at least for the western european powers with large city populations.

Last edited:
Could this be simplified by having drafting contribute to war weariness, while giving drafted units a XP penalty?

Drafting producing two units instead of one sounds good though. Though rushing and the modern era in general could benefit from the "if there's enough excess :hammers:, a city can complete several items in its queue in a single turn" rule you find in certain modmods. But then I don't know how complicated such a thing would be to implement, or if it would be desirable (it might make Despotism even stronger for one).

On another note: I suggested that the current Pyramids effect (cities continue to grow when using :food: for :hammers:) could synergize well with the Tributaries civic (for a Templo Mayor wonder maybe?). It got me thinking that this effect isn't terribly relevant for Egypt or other ancient civs. They don't have that many things to build so finding the time for workers and settlers isn't a problem, they're in floodplains so they'll grow big anyway, and their AI build too many settlers as it is. The Pyramids have a cool synergy with the Sphinx effect ( :food: for wonder :hammers:), but I'm not sure Egypt is in position to do much with it. Other effects could be:

-Something to link :health: and :culture: (+1 :health: per :culture: level?), Egypt is always lacking in :health: (though maybe this isn't a problem because its cities' growth is already guaranteed),
-Engineer and/or Statesman slots in every city - those are rare and valuable in the ancient era, and Egypt needs :gp: for both its UHV and URV, OTOH there's a bit of overlap with Ishtar Gate (whose effect isn't that much help to Babylonia, so maybe the Pyramids could steal it),
-:gp: or :culture: from excess :food: - :culture: is boosted, but the :culture: UHV can afford to be made more difficult anyway.

Giving us the option to Take over a civ when losing is really needed, i play this to have fun, not to "win". So giving me the option to swap civs on defeat would be a good way to keep on playing.

Top Bottom