1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by Publicola, Jun 11, 2015.

1. caphyre

caphyre Chieftain

Okay, but I don't know how to work with maps though. I've looked a thread about city name maps (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/city-name-maps.429472/), but I see there are no files attached.

Also I have some suggestions about civ names.
    1. I think that the Byzantine Empire should be named as the Roman Empire because "Byzantine" is a historiographical term that wasn't used after the collapse of the Western Roman Empire until the fall of Constantinople and has been revived to distinguish it from the "true" Holy Roman Empire.
    2. Kievan Rus' is also a historiographical term that was used first in Russian historiography to distinguish Muscovian Rus' from its predecessor and it's better to name it how it was called: as the Land of the Rus or just Rus' .
      Also Kiev should be named not as Kyiv, but as Kyjev, this spelling is more relevant to that period.
    3. Almost the same is about the Novgorod Republic: "Novgorod Land" is its true name.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  2. DC123456789

DC123456789 Chieftain

Historiographical names over more strictly correct but less used names have always been preferred for dynamic names.

3. 8ha8ha

8ha8ha Chieftain

I tried Hungary 1200 and Ottoman even never put any army to Europe area. That mean my Hungary no need to do anything actually.

4. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Actually I already changed that:
    - Hungary 2nd UHV: Instead of biggest state in 1490 AD, control Austria, Carinthia, Moravia, Silesia, Bohemia, Dalmatia, Bosnia, Banat, Wallachia and Moldova

5. 8ha8ha

8ha8ha Chieftain

And about the jewish wonder. My germany build them and then become unstable. it doesn't make sense that i build an item that instablize me, right?

6. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Wealth comes with a price :)
    Also, if you build Jewish Quarters in those cities, the religious instability from Judaism is greatly reduced.

Jarlaxe Baenre likes this.
  7. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

The new hun uhv seems legit but very easy. I do it always by default. So not much challange.

Irl hungary got weakend from inside! The ottoman conquest just pointed it out in a harsh way. With a solid and legit leadership hungary would still stand as it was till Corvin.

8. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Well, those are the territores the Black Army was active in.
    I wouldn't call it that easy, needs you to have conflict with all your neighbours.
    It's definitely not easier than the previous one. Being largest state wasn't really a challenge with Hungary.
    I don't think that's true.
    Hungary wasn't particularly weak right before 1526. Disorganized, especially the defense lines, sure.
    But don't forget the Ottomans were the superpower of those centuries.
    Had they not gone against Hungary, it would have prospered even within a couple decades (under the next decent king).

EDIT: Well, I guess this means that I agree that it was weaker internally. Only disagree with the extent of it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  9. 8ha8ha

8ha8ha Chieftain

About Wonder:
    1. Why Papal State can build wonder? Or I suggest that if papal state build a wonder and you are catholic (and religion faith > n if necessary), then the effect of the wonder can be shared to the catholic country
    2. Venice build Stephansdom, which is meaningless for them to do so. So this wonder can only build by federal monarch I think.

For Religion again:
    1. I suggested to set up excommunication system. For the current version the Pope is just too nice. In real history the Pope is not so nice and even give big trouble against HRE and France (or vice versa).
    2. Why no one can attack The Papal State? Especially if I am foreign Religion? Of course if you attack the Papal State it will automatically declare war with ALL the Catholic State and no peace anymore until Rome is return to the Papal State. But you can get benefit if you success to do so (For Example Catholic states will get red face if Rome is occupied, more city automatically change to Protestant as no more Pope Authority). It is very interesting especially if you use Germany. You can revenge the Road to Canossa:lol::lol:

For Civics
    Now Divine Monarchy is just too powerful compare with Constitutional Monarchy. I suggest 3 red face instead of 2 per draft. So you also need to both build some army and draft some army
    Also English is the first country adopt Constitutional Monarchy in real world. But the UP of English is totally useless for Constitutional Monarchy. So I Suggest that UP changed to the cottage relevant. Such as the increasing growth rate/Provide +1 Hammer per cottage/hamlet/Village/Town Or Worker start build the hamlet (NO cottage stage just like late period of DOC 1.15 labour)
    And the common law is also quite meaningless (Just Hurting other instead of giving yourself benefit). Maybe provide more benefit to courthouse/dungeon?

For History Region
    Germany shouldn't have contest area with Poland. They should have contest area with Provence instead. Just like the case in EU3

10. PinkPallin

PinkPallin Chieftain Supporter

No, in SVN 1275 Hungary's 2nd UHV is still "Control the most territory in Europe".

11. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

its a planned update, its not live yet.

Bc it can be exploited easily. i.e. as France you can conquer it easily and do not worry the catholic wrath. but gives you a ton of gold/turn. Germany can handle it as well, and burgundy in ~1300. even hungary can do it safely.

Venice can change to monarchy and AI sometimes do it.

...and Divine monarchy is not bad but has its backsides: yes good for war, but it cost you a lot of money and research and twice 2-3-4 turns of anarchy. (i never use it due to these drawbacks)

12. 8ha8ha

8ha8ha Chieftain

It just like the crusader event that any Protestant country occupy Rome then 1 Golden age provided will be quite funny. And Rome will only declare war to the Protestant founder (or also the Byzantine when 1054?? I don't think Byzantine have enough power to reconquest) as heresy is worse than the Muslim.

Divine Monarch not just good for war but also good for stability. Draft the army to prevent the unhealthy. And then put them to the war to contribute the country.

13. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

Oh yes, Byzy could exploit it very well. Taking Rome in mid 800's would prevent the catholic spreading. Pope is busy pumping out missionaries! So if Byz takes Rome then he could use rome to mass build orthodox missions toward EU and make europe orthodox...what a fun....

so no can do.

14. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Chieftain

From a historical point of view this would actually make perfect sense. If Byzantium had successfully dominated Italy, including Rome, before the 11th century—which was one of their major political goals at the time—the Great Schism would have been averted as the Bishop of Rome would have been put “back in his place,” so to speak. This might actually make a really cool Byzantine UHV, especially if it was their second one and prompted a general European war against them which would make a lot of sense.

This is too major of a rework, probably, but the idea is actually pretty logical.

AbsintheRed and Krieger-FS like this.
  15. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

true, but idk he would do it

16. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

Just a small idea, idk how feasible it is, but: Islamic nations generally dont drink alcohols, so brewery could be changed to tea-house. Only rename breweries and a new icon, the effect would be the same its rather a flavor change. but since it would affect at least 4 civs i thought it would be nice to have.

17. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Chieftain

It might be interesting to allow only non-Catholic (and maybe Protestant?) nations to declare war on the Pope—it would fit with both Muslim and Roman interests in central Italy before 1000. But I agree that game mechanics wise it might be too much.

gilgames likes this.
  18. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

Its still happens, that when a nation reemerge you dow it instantly. Its annoying in lategame, but can be game breaking in midgame. tell me is you need a save for this.

Attached Files:

19. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Thanks, a save would be useful, if it's reproducable in your game.
    Upload the previous turn, so it happens after ending the turn.

20. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

you replied too late, i had an autosave, but not anymore.