1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by Publicola, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Bobby Martnen

Bobby Martnen Democracy Manifest: CivFanatics 1984

I'm not that great at modding, but if you tell me what I'd need to do to merge RFCE with Blue Marble, I'd be happy to try. I'd really like to see Blue Marble for RFCE, and I'm willing to put in the work to help make it happen.

2. Baron03

Baron03 Baron

I remember doing this when working on the Chinese Unification mod, but I think all you have to do is copy the terrain files from BlueMarble and overwrite RFCE's files. This includes XML files linking artwork. Although, for RFCE I think the terrain files are packed, so all you need to do is copy/paste the terrain files and edit the XML files to use the new files. Hope that helps.

Bobby Martnen likes this.
  3. Bobby Martnen

Bobby Martnen Democracy Manifest: CivFanatics 1984

Thank you! I'll be home from school in about a month, so I'll try it then

4. ganker14

ganker14 Chieftain

Now trying for the first time 1.5 version. I think Genoa 1566 AD is way too easy, you have too much time and basically few land required to take (venice uhv now are way moore difficult than before, but it's okay).
    However also building 8 banks is too easy, i think it should be changed in something like "build x, y, z wonders", for example leaning tower, palazzo san Giorgio Leonardo's inventions, and maybe the first objective should include morea, ifriqiya and some other provinces.

5. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Yeah, the bank UHV is temporary in it's current form. It's the result of the company changes in the previous version.
    I planned to extend it with a fun and fitting company goal within the new system, but couldn't come up with anything I'm statisfied with.

6. ganker14

ganker14 Chieftain

And what about the conquer uhv? Don't you find it's too easy ?

7. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

I do find it easy. On the other hand difficulty is not the main reason for some UHVs, there are mostly there for flavour or guidance of your civ.
    The plan is to more or less follow the original RFC goal: 2 UHVs are about the accomplisments, while 1 is about a significant goal/hope of the civ.
    While there are many smaller or bigger exceptions in RFCE, probably we should stick to historical extent in territorial goals.
    AFAIK there was no significant Genoan presense in Morea and Ifriqiya.

8. ganker14

ganker14 Chieftain

Yes i agree with you, they were not present in Ifriqiya or Morea, but i was just thinking to a "goal" objective for them, but maybe the import/export one is more representative.
    Anyway with the 8 bank objective fixed their UHV victory should be quite balanced.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  9. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I suggest this video to be pinned somewhere for reference. Amazing effort:

ezzlar and Publicola like this.
  10. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Wow.
    Yeah, I agree. Someone had a lot of time :)

11. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

Also,

Tigranes and AbsintheRed like this.
  12. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

How can anyone estimate population of minor countries with any degree of certainty for the first 2000 years of European history? Even major things are still debatable in Historical Science...

Also I am obviously disappointed that info about Armenia somehow missed the list while Seleucids were included, while not technically being European Empire...

sic_kapkan and gilgames like this.
  13. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

According to the title, here is my request:

Please do something with the turks. even if they are playable, its impossible to do the uhvs. Meaning the first two. I tried it many times, but only successed in 1.3 and earlier versions.
    the constant stability problems early on is just the cherry on top.

Attached Files:

14. evergreennightmare

evergreennightmare Chieftain

there's a lot of inconsistency in the anglicisation of arabic names

15. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

And what makes you such an expert? :dunno:

16. evergreennightmare

evergreennightmare Chieftain

entry-level arabic is enough to recognize that fx "abd al-rahman", "abd ar-rahman", and "abdur-rahman", which appear around 9:05-9:30 in the andalus+maghreb areä, are different translations of exactly the same name

Jarlaxe Baenre likes this.
  17. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

The letter A of the al- is unstressed, and can be transliterated by almost any vowel, often by u. Because the letter R is a sun letter, the letter l of the al- is assimilated to it. Thus although the name is written in Arabic with letters corresponding to Abd al-Rahman, the usual pronunciation corresponds to Abd ar-Rahman. Alternative transliterations include ‘Abd ar-Rahman, Abdurrahman, Abdul Rahman, Abdulrahman, Abdur Rehman, Abdul Rehman, Abidur Rahman, and others, all subject to variant spacing and hyphenation. Certain transliterations tend to be associated with certain areas, for example, Abdirahman in Somalia, and Abderrahmane in French-speaking North Africa.

18. caphyre

caphyre Chieftain

Is this mod still in development? Nearly half of East Slavic city names are insanely incorrect. I could help you to give the right transliteration and to translate other city names to Russian too.

19. El Bogus

El Bogus Chieftain

It's steadily developped. IIRC the eastern part is subject to change in the near future. I think help is always appreciated. @AbsintheRed is the modder.

20. SanJose

SanJose Chieftain

I'm working for old Russian cities name map.
    There are problems:
    • with deformation of map - compression and displacement mainly, the river-lakes system requires correction;
    • many of old russian populated locality named like Gorodets, Gorodok etc;
    • part of the cities mentioned in the annals are still not localized;
    • uneven settlement of territories - near Kiev/Kyiv some spot have 2-4 candidates with a thousand-year history, in NE mostly small villages;
    • many ruins of ancient Russian cities are called "modern name place's gorodishche(hillfort)";
    • many modern centers are based relatively recently.
    Almost ready to name for the territory that occupied Kievan Rus before the period of fragmentation.