Suggestions and Requests

I scratched together a wiki. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Rhye's_and_Fall_of_Civilizations:_Europe
I'll make it better, need some formating too, but also you can add/edit it too.

Uh, I think he meant creating a new wiki, not adding a Wikipedia page.

Most likely, but I for one think RFCE deserves its own Wikipedia page. :goodjob::lol:

Indeed, a proper RFCE wiki would be the best
Hopefully someone will start on that too soon enough :king:

But having that page in wikipedia is also a good step in the right direction
Thanks gilgames! And keep improving it whenever you have time :)

@gilgames:
Ahh, I see you already improved it since yesterday :goodjob:
Btw, you can find lots of information/texts in the mod files.
For example this is my introduction for RFCE in the changelog, you might use parts of it for your introduction section too:

Welcome to Rhye's and Fall of Europe, a mod based on the incredibly popular original Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations (RFC).
If you've played RFC before, all the familiar elements are here: stability, plagues, dynamic rises, barbarian uprisings, Unique Powers, Unique Historical Victories,
and uniquely customized parameters designed to simulate history while allowing you the freedom to change it.
In order to simulate a time period (500 - 1800 AD) and region in greater depth we've created a new huge map of Europe with new resources and new terrain.
We've also added new civilizations, a new tech tree, new units, new civics, new corporations, new buildings and wonders.
Religion, so critical in this period, has been made much more important. Faith points, a new concept, provide unique benefits for each religion based on how pious your civilization is.

The mod is still in development. We are looking for feedback on the gameplay experience and the level of difficulty of the Unique Historical Victories.
Please post your thoughts in our forum at http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=386

But you should also check the manual and everything else in the reference folder.
The html files also have lots of information, even if some if them are slightly outdated.

Btw, it would be awesome if someone was willing to update those html files as well - I simply don't have time for it if I want to do some actual modding too.
RFCEurope\Reference\*.html
Those could be a great base for a potential RFCE wiki too.

You are welcome, but i have no clue how to make a deep wiki with lots of subpages ect. Yes I used may html from the game folder to do it. IF sby tells me hot to i'll do it for sure. Also how to reach texts for in-game civiliopedia? that would help a lot.

All ingame text files are under RFCEurope\Assets\XML\Text\

Indeed, a proper RFCE wiki would be the best
Hopefully someone will start on that too soon enough :king:

But having that page in wikipedia is also a good step in the right direction
Thanks gilgames! And keep improving it whenever you have time :)

Tbh I doubt the Wikipedia editors will let it fly on the main site - it's not noteworthy enough and has already been rejected.

Better to try and get it into the Civ wiki where it is more likely to be accepted as relevant to Civ (http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Rhye's_and_Fall_of_Civilization)

Apart from the various text/guide/wiki updates, I have another thing to ask:
While there were some minor improvements on them every now and then, most of the default city lists are far from perfect.
These are the names which appear when a civ founds a city outside of it's city name map.
For example the first city for Norway is Birka, which is fairly often seen if it founds a city in Ireland. It shouldn't even be on it's list AFAIK.
Sooo it would be great to have an up-to-date list for all civs.
These don't have to be long, 8-10 names are more than enough, with cities not used (or not commonly used, so they won't appear in most games) on the city name maps.

In RFC and RFCEurope the Vikings have always been my favourite civilization. I find it incredibly exciting to invade England and set sail to the New World. So first off, I'd like to thank you for continuing the development of the mod!
I wanted to suggest some changes for Norway, Denmark and the Viking Points.

I'll start with the Viking Points which would be available for both nations and could give bonuses just like the faith points.
For example: 100 Points - 1 Happiness in your core cities,
150 Points - diplomatic boost with the other Viking civ (like +2),
200 Points - two Berserkers appear in your capital,
300 Points - no upkeep for 5 units,
500 Points - free Golden Age.
The bonuses are permanent once you unlock them but Viking Points would decrease when you're not able to accumulate some at least 3 in 10 turns.
Prerequisites for acquiring Viking Points are the civics Militarism and Paganism.
Additionally to the already existing possibilities to get Viking Points, buildings would give points when built or captured: Pagan Shrine - 5 Points,
Trading Post - 15 Points,
Shrine of Uppsala - 50 Points,
Vinland - 50 Points.

What do you think about preplacing the Shrine of Uppsala in Uppsala or placing a minable Amber in Uppsala? That would make the conquest of Uppsala more desirable.
Spoiler :

The Norvegian civ feels really complete. Imo, there's no need to change its unique features. Denmark feels unfinished to me, though. The UHV and UU are good, but the UB comes very late (I guess you picked it because of Tycho Brahe?) and the UP is a good idea, but it's a bit odd when every turn you just get a text of how many gold you got.
My suggestion for the UB is to give the Danish the Trading Post! Imo Norway doesn't need it. In the early game, it's just a waste of hammers (especially if you're in Manorialism). Also, Norvegian ships are already incredibly fast because they get the double movement on Ocean tiles. In addition, the Trading Post gould give a promotion that allows ships to enter Ocean tiles instead of Navigation 1. Thus, Denmark could settle Iceland.
What building would the Norvegian get in compensation? Maybe a barracks which gives the City Raider 1 promotion. But I'm more interested in the Stave church, which would replace the Catholic Church. It could give +1 more :culture: and more importantly 15 Viking Points even if you are not in Paganism. This could encourage the historic christianisation of the Vikings.
Similar to that is my suggestion of the Danish UHV: It would give access to Viking Points even when you are not in Paganism.
(Reflection: This would make the prerequisite of Paganism for Viking Points a bit awkward when there are two exceptions to this already.)
Ah, the first condition for the Norvegian UHV should be increased to 200 at 1066 of course.

Okay, that's it, I guess. Of all suggestions it would make me happiest if you'd consider the swap of the Unique Buildings. I'm sure there is an existing model of a Stave Church on this forum. I can look for it, if you want.

I like these ideas, not sure about the high-number viking points, but all other seems good.
Thanks btw! :D

On another topic: Could ressources on small islands (one to two tiles) get connected to your empire when a modernisation is build? That would be so much more comfortable than the fort.

some time ago was a chat about ports and islands, but it did not resulted in manifestation in-game.
Basic idea is to build port on island if there is no city on it, and its get connected to nearest harbor.

On another topic: Could ressources on small islands (one to two tiles) get connected to your empire when a modernisation is build? That would be so much more comfortable than the fort.

Hmm, that's an interesting game limitation.
How does it handled in vanilla BtS? Is there a tech after those resources are connected to your trade?

Hmm, that's an interesting game limitation.
How does it handled in vanilla BtS? Is there a tech after those resources are connected to your trade?

Pretty sure vanilla BtS has always required a fort be built on coastal resources which aren't connected to a city by road or river. It is a bit annoying when you have resources like the timber on Corfu and the salt on Malta and Lanzarote which can't be both improved and connected, but I think it's a hard coded issue based on how the game works out routes.

I think the only way to avoid it would be to take the Classical World approach and remove the need to connect resources to roads.

DoC lets you build the improvement and have it connected on small enough islands (1 or 2 tiles?), IIRC.

Pretty sure vanilla BtS has always required a fort be built on coastal resources which aren't connected to a city by road or river. It is a bit annoying when you have resources like the timber on Corfu and the salt on Malta and Lanzarote which can't be both improved and connected, but I think it's a hard coded issue based on how the game works out routes.

Tested it, and forts do connect resources on those small islands, but only if a road is also put there.
Improvements on the other hand won't add the resource to your trade network, even if you have roads on the islands.
Will fix this, I think I know where to look.

Btw, how does DoC handles this? Improvements on these small islands connect the resources by default, or a road is also needed on the tile?

I don't know the details, but Leoreth (creator of DoC) actually has a help-for-modders topic (Modmodding Q&A Thread).

Btw, how does DoC handles this? Improvements on these small islands connect the resources by default, or a road is also needed on the tile?
I don't know the details, but Leoreth (creator of DoC) actually has a help-for-modders topic (Modmodding Q&A Thread).

I meant which one would you guys prefer.
For now I have set it up with the road requirement.

EDIT: checked the thread, and actually it's for the modmodders and everyone who wants to casually change a couple minor things in the mod
So I don't really see how is it relevant here, it's not where Leoreth asks playtesters for information about other mods as far as I can tell :)
Anyway, would you guys want a similar thread for RFCE? Is there a need for a thread like that? I gladly help in mod(mod)ding questions whenever I have some time for it.

On a one-tile island a road always looks a bit ugly to me. So, I'd prefer the connection without the road. Another thought is to connect ressources without roads generally if the new building-roads-for-gold design is implemented. Roads then had the sole purpose of transporting your units.

As for the modmodders support thread: I haven't seen any questions regarding modding here yet. So I suppose there's no need for that.

I misunderstood. I thought you were puzzled what way was best to implement the connection of resources on islands and were wondering what way and why that way the connection of resoursces on islands was done in DoC.

Top Bottom