Suggestions and Requests

Hey development guys, will it be possible to include a suggested city name funcionality when player wants to settle a city? I get mad when trying to settle some historical city and some not knowed / desired name appears (like Tulle in France) - if I remember corretly Merjin made such thing for DoC?

I'm not against this, especially if it's optional.
I can imagine that many players prefer the "forced" way instead, adds some historical feel.
So we should probably make this adjustable in the globaldefines, similarly to some recent addons.

A list of WWs is closed or we can find candidates for the suggestions?

Definitely not closed, I already have 4-5 world wonders on my list which will be added for sure.

I think I saw someone suggest a post or page on the wiki for linking to strategies, but I don't think we have one. I'm willing to start one and solicit submissions if there's interest.

I imagine reserving the first few posts as a sort of index and then letting people comment from there, but I'm open to other ideas (especially being pointed to model threads.

Thoughts?

Which wiki do you mean?
I think it's a great initiative btw.
Would also be great to have a proper strategy guide here in the RFCE forum

I think I saw someone suggest a post or page on the wiki for linking to strategies, but I don't think we have one. I'm willing to start one and solicit submissions if there's interest.

I imagine reserving the first few posts as a sort of index and then letting people comment from there, but I'm open to other ideas (especially being pointed to model threads.

Thoughts?

Oh that'd be fantastic. :goodjob:

Is it also possible to have reference pages or something to find out about tech/units/buildings/wonders? (Like this?) I have no idea how complicated or difficult that would be to create, but it'd be nice to have.

Oh that'd be fantastic. :goodjob:

Is it also possible to have reference pages or something to find out about tech/units/buildings/wonders? (Like this?) I have no idea how complicated or difficult that would be to create, but it'd be nice to have.

Great! Here it is: Links to Strategy Guides and Discussions.

And I think your idea is a good one, too. I'll be happy to include any helpful links people suggest.

It's funny to look at that wiki from the very early versions of the mod :)
Almost everything was improved since to some degree. That map also looks totally strange now :lol:

Thanks for the thread, hopefully we will fill it with information soon enough.
With enough good (up-to-date) content, I will promote it to sticky.

I would be happy to start updating that wiki, just somebody retrieve it from archive, it loads slowly now.

If you have motivation for it, great.
If it's updated, will drop a couple links to it in some places.

The Lorraine province should be border / contested for France until the German spawn. Aachen, Cologne and Metz were part of the Frankish Empire from the time of Clovis, it seems bizarre for that area to be border for the French before the Treaty of Verdun.

The Lorraine province should be border / contested for France until the German spawn. Aachen, Cologne and Metz were part of the Frankish Empire from the time of Clovis, it seems bizarre for that area to be border for the French before the Treaty of Verdun.

One too many border provinces there :)
You mean historic before Verdun, and border after the German spawn,
Or border before Verdun, and unstable after the German spawn?

One too many border provinces there :)
You mean historic before Verdun, and border after the German spawn,
Or border before Verdun, and unstable after the German spawn?

Whoops, yes the first one - historic before Verdun and border afterwards. Green until 856AD and orange after :)

Uh, I think he meant creating a new wiki, not adding a Wikipedia page.
Most likely, but I for one think RFCE deserves its own Wikipedia page. :goodjob::lol:

It's funny to look at that wiki from the very early versions of the mod :)
Almost everything was improved since to some degree. That map also looks totally strange now :lol:

Thanks for the thread, hopefully we will fill it with information soon enough.
With enough good (up-to-date) content, I will promote it to sticky.

Yep: Funny stuff. :)

Great! If we can get some good contributions, it will hopefully by worth promotion. :)

Top Bottom