• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Sullla's AI Survivor Season Seven - Game 5 Thread

As it was prophesized. :king:

Plains-Cow:
Few plains-cows for AI-kings under the sky,
Zero for Asoka in their halls of stone,
None for Roosevelt doomed to die.
One for the Dark Lord on his steppe throne,
In the Land of Mongolia where Holsteins lie.
One Plains-Cow to rule them all,
One Settler to find them,
One Pasture to bring them all
and under Kublai BIND THEM.

Kudos to...

Kublai Khan, for being the first Pool 1 leader to meet expectations in a straightforward manner, and making the ancestors proud along the way 🥇

Churchill, for staying out of everyone's way and getting the better of a bad day at the battlefield for Boudica 🥈

Boudica, for failing to settle, conquer, negotiate, or make friends... she can only do better in the Wildcard Game 🥉

RIP...

Cyrus, for sacrificing his chances by attempting to take out the Mongol threat in our sole moment of strategic insight ⚱️

plain cow.jpg

Very naughty! I thought we'd established earlier that "Plain Cow" is the original (by a few years), and you are the one that said to me "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.". :pat:

I have my eye on you "Plains-Cow". ;)

I need to change my view on plains cow starts..who wants river corn anyways?

For AI Survivor purposes the plains cow may indeed be an elite food source. We've seen how the AI often struggles to leverage high food low production starts (often choosing to work forests to avoid unmanageable growth). At least the the plains cow offers a good balance of food/production. I don't think I've ever seen an AI leave an improved plains cow unworked.

Never thought about it but the deity AI whips of units seem to be 1 pop. So they can't use slavery very efficiently. Their bonuses are too high! Loads of food just means the grow into unhappiness with little to show for it.

Do they also not work their food when unhappy but making settlers/workers? If so that's unexcusable.

Yup i mentioned it last week or so, lots of food doesn't help them.
We saw how Zara was rolled over by Alex..all floodplains & seafood in some cities, not enuf :hammers:

Kublai cities must have been high on :hammers: this game, he's not even a full scale warmonger but had so many more units than others.

Churchill got very lucky
and
Asoka got very unlucky in this game.

Roosevelt proved his worth with that double silver start. He stinks. Trash price.
Boudica was trash tier too. Can't destroy Roosevelt 1v1 as a pathetic warmonger.

Also Kublai was lucky to share same religion with Churchill, but it seemed like he could have even managed a 3v1 too. Thanks to Rosy ruining Asoka's game and settlers. That war costed India Coventry gold spot for sure, not to mention delayed tundra area. Maybe in alternate history but I doubt it.
Cyrus land turns out to be great for Hannibal/financial survival leaders in the long peaceful run.

I think in the vast majority of scenarios, the Boudica-Roosevelt front resolves decisively with one of the two taking first or second in the game, partly on account of that vast territory. The reasons why that did not happen in this game are interesting. Did anyone catch why Boudica had such a delayed start? I would expect her to settle competitively into the jungle belt. The other big factor was that Roosevelt connected metals early and couldn't help himself. If Boudica had expanded a typical amount, he probably would have attacked her, but as it turned out, he threw his units at Asoka, and we had thousands of years of military incompetence in the Southern and Eastern Hemispheres instead.

Border shape matters a lot in wars like Boudi vs Roosy.
They both had only one way to go..so he always had most of his units where she attacked = endless grindfest.
This would presumably change as the game continued, with open borders and other conquest permitting flanking, but the map was static for so long that those opportunities did not arise. The barbarian city in the middle is pivotal in opening up the front, but neither Boudica nor Roosevelt conquered it. It is also remarkable, as Sullla pointed out, that it was primarily a 1v1, as any of the other AI could have plausibly dogpiled either side.

Thanks to Rosy ruining Asoka's game and settlers. That war costed India Coventry gold spot for sure, not to mention delayed tundra area.
I won't go so far as to agree in full, as I wouldn't have minded Roosevelt taking a few cities off of Asoka, but I agree India would have almost certainly settled Coventry and likely more had Roosevelt not declared.

View attachment 661981

Very naughty! I thought we'd established earlier that "Plain Cow" is the original (by a few years), and you are the one that said to me "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.". :pat:

I have my eye on you "Plains-Cow". ;)
Really? I thought you said you just started picking as an entrant for this season as Plain Cow midway?

I didn't think there would be ANOTHER cow appreciator here. Where did you get the name?

By finish points that is
1)Cyrus 29
2)Churchill 14
3)Boudica 9
3)Roosevelt 9
5)Asoka 5
6)Kublai Khan 4

sorry middle starters :(

Now as far as first two religions goes (meditation+polytheism)
Boudica got 7
Asoka got 7
Churchill got 3
Cyrus got 2
Roosevelt got 1

So that gave by finish points
1)Asoka 22
2)Churchill 17
3)Cyrus 14
4)Kublai Khan 8
5)Boudica 7
6)Roosevelt 2

And once again for first two religion finders
Boudica found 10 (there was no game Celtic leader did not get budhism or hinduism)
Asoka found 5
Roosevelt found 3
Churchill found 2

All the Keler research and ManiaMuse, our current picking contest CFC point leader, had Churchill as the #2.

Good pick :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom