1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer 2017 Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Not for me. The AI has been declaring on me left and right. I was at war with 4 civs at one point. But I suspect if you are peaceful, the AI will be as well. That's usually how it was for me pre patch. But my current game I conquered 3 city states and 1 Persian city. Folks aren't too happy with me. But I suspect they will settle down by the modern era, they usually do. I'm looking forward to seeing the end game though.

As for the catapults mentioned above I have seen them pre-patch, very rare though.

As for the bugginess, some of my bugginess is from my map mod. I didn't think to disable it since it didn't have any interface changes, but I realize now that's where my culturally linked starting position was coming from (I was playing a TLC map anyways, so it didn't matter). I'm not sure if I want to disable it before I finish my game though, my game may not load with it disabled. I'll try I guess.

I'm pretty happy with my game as Nubia. Those archers are great on defense as well as offense. Especially when I'm trying to protect myself from multiple fronts. The extra movement helps respond to new threats. So I can say those archers can help the builder game as well (which is what I'm doing now, no more conquering cities).

2. masda_gib

masda_gib Warlord

Hooray for walls and Monarchy changes. Now there at least is a reason to upgrade walls. And hooray for reduces district costs.
    Whoa that are really a lot of changes.

Leathaface and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  3. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

You might need to clear out the cache, delete all the old .log files, and get the latest Ynamp.
    I haven't had problems with any bugs and I've been playing Ynamp, Giant map, ludicrous
    size, 25 civs, 43 CS non-stop since the release.
    I hate having sounds and music on, so I can't say whether there are any bugs to do with them.

4. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

Seems they want to make CivVI a wargame...
    Increased settler cost and less friendly AI lategame who want to be jerks by pillaging your districts only means you'd best just stomp the bastards with your army than do anything else. In that case the spies are useless when your army can pretty much do everything they can (except maybe steal techs... although if you take their campus cities it is pretty much the same thing).
    And I have no idea why they need to buff Greece... she is so strong already. France, Spain and Norway buff was well deserved... (but seriously Firaxis, I wish you'd buff Egypt too... how come Cleo doesn't get any love when her construction bonus, UU, and UI all pale in comparison to Nubia!)

Unlocking urban defenses with science rather than culture doesn't really do anything since most ppl abuse the Limes + ancient walls production overflow anyway... until they make city combat damage dependent on the type of wall, just building ancient walls is fine.

5. The Economy

The Economy Chieftain

I don't understand why people keep whining about the increased settler cost. It's barely noticeable and is not at all an issue.

Arnold_T and Nawthorn like this.
  6. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Apparently it's against forum etiquette to say that they are "whining".
    They are making a constructive criticism about the cost in what just seems to be
    a high-pitched voice that goes on and on forever.

7. martyb36

martyb36 Chieftain

My thoughts exactly, my only guess is they haven't played with it yet, I was concerned but when I started up a game on immortal I really didn't notice a difference. Built 4 settlers no problem whilst taking 2 city states and 2 enemy Kongo cities, also stole a settler. Early game Basically works just as it did before but with Archers costing more on upgrade.

8. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

I think it's more noticeable in the gold rush costs, but still...

9. Karmah

Karmah Emperor Supporter

50 in prod seems like a lot to me early on on paper. Haven't tried it yet.

10. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Because it's the exact opposite of what was required, there are already too many systems pointing you towards war. I honestly thought they might cut Settler costs in half, can't believe they increased them.

DizzKneeLand33 likes this.
  11. The Economy

The Economy Chieftain

But that's not what it is, at all. That's not even how the patch note explains it.

nzcamel likes this.
  12. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Need to playtest. If AI defends better and if settler-building policies are really more effective, the change will not encourage conquest, it will encourage better expansion planning.

nzcamel and bbbt like this.
  13. bbbt

bbbt Deity

I honestly don't think they are considering settler price increase encouraging more warfare. More cities are unfailingly better in Civ, and it's supposed to have an opportunity cost. They decreased the opportunity cost of making a new city 'useful' - by reducing district costs - so they increased the opportunity cost of making those new cities (with the settler price increase).

War is supposed to have it's own opportunity cost, but it's not implemented that well at the moment. The warmonger penalty doesn't actually amount to much in practice. The 'Cede cities'/no growth mechanic doesn't actually do anything (if the AI refused to cede cities and that they didn't actually start growing post-war, then that might make taking them more unappealing). War weariness is pretty easy to combat. The AI doesn't defend well so it doesn't end up costing you many units, etc.

nzcamel likes this.
  14. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

Are moronic barbarians by design? So far post-patch I've seen scouts and warriors suiciding themselves against cities with no other units anywhere in sight to take advantage of the damage.

15. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I'm finding the settler change isn't a burden at all so far.

We'll see what happens on my 50th or 60th though.

16. PYITE

PYITE Prince

If the barbs camp is destroyed the units that spawned from their go kamikaze on the nearest target.

Arnold_T, bbbt and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  17. Janskey

Janskey Prince

Some great QoL changes, like being able to see where a unit with queued orders is going and saving game setup settings.

As for bugs, I'm also missing the tech/civic quotes. I definitely had them for the few first ones and didn't really notice when they stopped. Not that it really matters, I usually skip them by now.

Additionally, I just had dead Gorgo complain about my settling habits :lol:

nzcamel likes this.
  18. Karmah

Karmah Emperor Supporter

Thank you for clarifying it for me ,oh wait... you didn't.
    Thank you for taking the time to write a post voluntarily omitting the only informative part thus allowing me to search and correct it all by myself , giving me a feeling of having completed something today, since a full day of hard work is not enough for that already.

Katakanja likes this.
  19. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Lmao! :lol:

That queued orders one is good to know!

20. Wingednosering

Wingednosering Prince

That's a new one...

I had the AI offer impossible deals a lot. They did this pre-patch too, but nowhere near as often. Is it possible they are basically showing a 'renewed' deal and saying it no longer works for them?

It seemed to hapen to me most often when they wanted to renew a luxury deal, but my standing with them had dropped.

Arnold_T likes this.