SVN version

Why doesn't Art/Interface/Buttons/RFCE_Atlas_civilizations.dds exist, and how on earth is the mod able to get the flag buttons without that file?

Despite being a complete neophyte to actual modding, I actually know the answer to this. Most Civ IV mods package their assets in massive .fpk files -- easier to package, easier to access, but not available to search via Windows folders. So the image you're looking for exists within one of the .fpk files. Not sure if you can download it from elsewhere (Caveman2Cosmos has a github with all of the files unpackaged, and I think DOC is the same, but I don't think the same is true of RFCE).

Despite being a complete neophyte to actual modding, I actually know the answer to this. Most Civ IV mods package their assets in massive .fpk files -- easier to package, easier to access, but not available to search via Windows folders. So the image you're looking for exists within one of the .fpk files. Not sure if you can download it from elsewhere (Caveman2Cosmos has a github with all of the files unpackaged, and I think DOC is the same, but I don't think the same is true of RFCE).

From what I remember years ago when I messed around with trying to make a new unit; there’s a “tool/utility” that you can download on the site to unpack and pack all of the artwork into .fpk file. This file type helps save space and run the mod faster. I can’t remember the name of the one I used years ago.

Top Bottom