1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

System requirements are out!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by stealth_nsk, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Bad_Viceroy

Bad_Viceroy Chieftain

Should be ok with your ram and processor, card is fine

Arnold_T and trev1972 like this.
  2. raen

raen Coat of Arms

My Specs are lower then yours.

Im pretty surprised, with civ 5 I was disappointed, because I had the requirements but was too slow.

With Civ 6, same specs, and runs very well, maybe some graphics cutted but ok.

But I dont play yet another maps pack, at that I cant help.

3. Playsoneasy

Playsoneasy Chieftain

Bit late to the party here, but I was wondering if my new PC's specs (I'm expecting delivery in a couple of days time) will run Civ 6 to a good level on large maps?

Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz
    GTX 1050 ti (4GB GDDR5 vRAM)
    8GB DDR4 RAM
    2TB HDD
    Windows 10 Home

(This was a really cheap deal I was able to get and is a big step-up from my current laptop spec)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  4. trev1972

trev1972 Chieftain

I run huge maps fine with similar specs (im intel not amd, and run an ssd but the graphics are similar etc)

5. Lands

Lands Chieftain

Does anyone know if the game is capable of running at 1080p on an Intel HD 620 even on minimum settings?

I play the game mostly on desktop but am looking at getting a laptop that probably won't end up having discrete graphics. I generally don't like playing anything other than turn based games on laptops so if it could run Civ 6 I'd be happy. From what I've read the 620 should be able to run the game at 768, but I don't particularly like running games at non-native resolution.

I'm thinking the answer is no based on skimming through some pages of this thread but just thought I'd check.

6. GermanSettler

GermanSettler Chieftain

Am I the only one who feels like the game needs much more resources with R&F?

Could run the game before with almost all options on high - now it lacks extremely even with medium graphic settings.

7. zxcvbob

zxcvbob Chieftain

I just bought a new kinda-cheap (Walmart) Acer laptop with Intel HD 620 integrated graphics, i5-7200u processor, and a 1080p display. It does play Civ 6 at 1920x1080 resolution; I don't know yet how *well* it plays it. I have the video options set pretty low and quick movement enabled. My old laptop with an earlier generation i5 processor and Intel graphics would not launch Civ 6 at all, so this is a big improvement. Both machines have 8 GB of memory installed. HTH

Edit: it worked just fine until Windows 10 updated to a later build of the OS. Now the game loads, but is unplayable because the screen breaks up. I'll probably need to roll-back to the previous build, until they force the new one on me. I'm going to try removing the Xbox service and see if that helps.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  8. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I had screen breaks but running as DX12 bypasses this issue for me but your card is the other end of desirable.

9. deftje

deftje Chieftain

Hello, considering buying this game.
    Contacted 2K but they say my system (graphicscard) isn't good enough?

Laptop HP zbook studio G3 I7 6700hq 8GB quadro m1000m 4GBddr5

As i look at minimum specs, it's at least twice as good and yet developer says no?
    Would i be able to run this game smoothly 1080p screen?

Thanks in advance