• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

System Requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I mean Beta testing.
nah they have more to gain by saying it'll run on almost anything modern

...and then having many people pissed when it doent work on theirs because they didnt know what the minimum was before preordering.

didn't Starcraft 2 release system requirements less than a week before release? and they had a public beta...

I'm not sure when they released the system requirements, but they did have a beta out to run to see how well it would run on your system. I am running it on my backup computer with an E8400 (3.0GHz dual core), 4GB RAM (DDR2-1066), and a 4670 GO video card (1GB green version, DDR3 memory, and fanless) and it runs the game on max settings just fine.

however, lots of people are having issues with all integrated video. Most can run small maps fine. but larger maps slowly get slower and slower until it becomes unplayable.

It does however run real-time and it affects play a lot. Since CiV is turn-based, it should be better with lag showing up between turns and scrolling around the map. I assume small maps will be fine, but larger ones may become unplayable from either slow scrolling to very long turn times.

but I'd definitely wait until the game's released to see about upgrading/buying laptop, or you may be very disappointed, especially if you need to re-buy stuff to play the game.

Remember, laptops are generally not upgradable and will need to be completely replaced.

A common mistake people are making when looking at video cards, they see the game needs a 6600 or higher nvidia and they get something like a 7150 and figure it is more powerful, but it isn't. In fact it is tremendously slower.

remember that the first number is the series number, it's the second number that is the most important.

lol 6600, that was a while ago

GAH!!!

Even a review writer said "you better make sure you can play this game"!! Please Greg! Give us the requiremtns or send them to http://www.canyourunit.com

We all need it!!! :( :sad:

As of the moment, I'm most concerned about the recommended system specifications that Extreme Tech released recently. The game is said to be scalable, but it is shocking to read that a 2.4 Ghz Quad Core system is being recommended. This is Civilization we're talking about -- not something like Crysis.

As of the moment, I'm most concerned about the recommended system specifications that Extreme Tech released recently. The game is said to be scalable, but it is shocking to read that a 2.4 Ghz Quad Core system is being recommended. This is Civilization we're talking about -- not something like Crysis.

Athlon II X4s are cheap

Official system requirements are coming very soon. The specs listed in the Extreme Tech article are NOT the official minimum nor recommended system requirements.

I'll let you guys know as soon as it's announced.

Official system requirements are coming very soon. The specs listed in the Extreme Tech article are NOT the official minimum nor recommended system requirements.

Thank you for clearing this up Greg.

Thanks so uch Greg. I would like to apologize to all that I have ranted to about these. Your a life saver greg :)

Does anyone know what the specs are to run a good game of Civ V? So far I haven't found any references, except it runs on Windows XP or 7. Help! :)

The system requirements haven't been released yet, but apparently are coming soon.

I'd like to pitch a question over to greg or one the other firxais/2k people hanging about.

If my computer has no problems running civ IV, is it likely to be able to run civ V?

Just generally speaking, no need to go into specifics, there'll be time for that.

I'd like to pitch a question over to greg or one the other firxais/2k people hanging about.

If my computer has no problems running civ IV, is it likely to be able to run civ V?

Just generally speaking, no need to go into specifics, there'll be time for that.

I second this question

How good that we only have a half tons of threads about sys requirements, and that in no one is stated, that we don't know anything about it...*sigh*

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

I'm sorry, I looked for a couple of days and couldn't find this thread, so finally decided to ask. I have just started to follow Civ V and the shear mass of threads is pretty daunting.

Thanks for merging with the thread!

OFFICIAL NOTICE: people who think that they were right when they said CiV was scalable to computers 5 years old, your wrong. They are totally only recent comps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom