Tactics and Strategy T80-90

Not entirely true that negative is always better. Saturn for example were benefiting 3 rivals teams to the tune of +9:commerce: (the balance was -18, but they would have gotten 9 trade domestically anyway) whilst getting no benefit back from this for themselves.

If there is situation where there are two civs trading only with each other, a negative balance on the one hand means you have larger (or more cities) which is obviously good, but on the other hand it means your trade partner is benefiting more from the trade relationship than you are (not factoring other multipliers of course). So it really depends on what you mean by "better".

Our trade balance is negative right now because we don't have a visible, unblocked route to any other civ with which we have OB. Whereas one civ has an unblocked visible link to us.

Speaking of which, should we offer SANCTA OB? If we don't get any trade we'll know the blockage is between us and them. They don't have a route to us but we do to them, so we'll gain and they won't.

Yes let's do open borders with SANCTA. Let's also put out feelers of "friendship" with them. We want them as a hedge/leverage against CAV (plus we don't want CAV getting too cozy with them while we stay aloof).

I agree with open borders offer - but it would be foolish of them to accept it as it only benefits us.

True, but if they think of it as an opportunity to "drive a wedge" between us and CAV they just might go for it. ;)

Ok, we are up again. A lone barb warrior has just appeared N of our healing chariots. I'm going to let them heal in place, if the barb attacks they can easily win.

Oskemen will have an axe ready in 3 turns. We will also have a chop done in 3 turns. I say we switch Oskemen to a barracks now. With the chop we will get the barracks in 3 turns and then the axe the next turn with the overflow. Everyone ok with this?

And is everyone ok with offering open borders to SANCTA? Should we just offer it in-game or send an email/pm too?

Ok, we are up again. A lone barb warrior has just appeared N of our healing chariots. I'm going to let them heal in place, if the barb attacks they can easily win.

Oskemen will have an axe ready in 3 turns. We will also have a chop done in 3 turns. I say we switch Oskemen to a barracks now. With the chop we will get the barracks in 3 turns and then the axe the next turn with the overflow. Everyone ok with this?

And is everyone ok with offering open borders to SANCTA? Should we just offer it in-game or send an email/pm too?

Barbarian: How much XP do your chariots have? It might be good to attack the warrior to get the +2XP. Of the two chariots who is likely to receive the attack?

Barracks switch: Yes. We can always whip the Axe in an emergency.

OB request: Yes, and send a message with the request (SANCTA won't gain from this. For the same reason we don't have any trade links with Cav even though we are connected. You have to have a visible, unblocked route to the other civ for trade). They are smart so I can't see why they would accept this, unless for religion spread which would be possible

For a little further ahead:
What shall we do with our workers? I suggest the following:
Worker pair - one goes W,W to chop. one goes to Gold spot.
Worker mining Hazrat-e - E of Haz to chop.
Worker chopping Hazrat-e - return to Pav to mine hill.
Aktau - whip as soon as it reaches pop 4??

Do not attack warrior..he is on a hill..no point taking any risks.

Reagrding future worker moves...

what worker pair? We got one worker on the forest hill next to iron and 1 farming the corn..

Corn gold city should begin getting whiped as soon as corn is improved...no point improving the gold we want food to grow and whip. Instead we can cottage the river tile so it can grow working cottages and then whip.

So I suggest

Worker on iron city chop
worker improving corn move and finish farm on flood
worker that chops barracks move and finish wine after
worker mining capital move to chop after mine
worker choping capital move and chop other forest

Chariots-

Hector: Combat I and Medic I promotions, 7/10 XP and 3.2 health. If he attacks the barb warrior he has 88% favorable odds but he would be vulnerable on that hill to any barbs hiding in the fog. If left where he is and the barb attacks he be the one that fights the barb and gets the 2 XP.

Achilles: Combat I promotion, 8/5 XP (can be promoted now) and 2.8 health.

I think we should move Hector south and hope that Achilles gets attacked by the barb warrior. With 2.8 health and the 75% terrain bonus he is almost certain to win. He will then have enough XP for two promotions and can get sentry.

Workers-

We have 5 workers and when Pav reaches pop 6 it should build another one for a total of 6. This Pav worker can mine the grassy knoll and then farm the river plains.

The two workers currently at Haz should finish the mine, chop all 3 forests, and make 3 cottages (once we are done with the GL Haz should shift from mines to working all the cottages). Once the cottages are done one worker goes to Pav to help farm/mine and the other goes to Aktau to chop/farm.

Worker at Oskemen finishes chop and then cottages right there, then builds winery.

Worker at Shymkent finishes corn, then cottages all the floodplains/grasslands for our commerce powerhouse.

Worker at Atyrau finishes chop, roads to furs, then builds camp (this times perfect with border pop). Then chops for Maoi.

I hadn't realised we'd split the worker team. We get the corn farm done a turn slower but I suppose we get the fur hooked up quicker, although we aren't in a real rush to get extra happiness.

We should chop with the atyrau worker so the granary can be done before pop grows.

Oh and chariots definitel don't get terrain bonusses. Only immortals do.

With the workers around Haz we need to do all chops by turn 100 and finish 1 cottage by time GL is done. So we can afford for the one on the forest now to go north to Pavlodar.

When do we mine the gold at Shymkent?

And are we on target to finish the two temples in Aktua in time?

yeah I'm pretty sure chariots, horse archers, knights, cuirassiers, and cavalry all do not receive terrain bonuses. However, conquistadors do. and I guess Immortals.

We should drop research to 0% for 4-5 turns and get cash to run 100% fro 4-5 turns so we take advantage of academy and library.

Refgarding fur..we are in no hurry to get it, I would suggest the worker to chop on hill and then continue chopping all forests around iron city to get maoi. It is 4 chops and with some slaving overflow it should give us maoi relatively fast.

We'll swap Haz from working the shared cottage once the mine is complete. As soon as that swap occurs (I think it's this turn) we should drop to 0% like Smokey suggests.

And yes, we should chop to get Moai and lighthouse ASAP

Please send CoL and alphabet to the Mad Scientists or offer these techs in a trade for calender.

The barb defeated Achilles with 2 v 2.8 odds
Ah that's a pity. It was a bit of an unnecessary risk too :(

How many turns until the border of Atyrau pops?

Top Bottom