Tactics: invading AI continent in Modern Age

Has anyone else noticed that when launching an assault, you take a few cities and continue to push forward, the AI totally ignores your advancing forces and by passes them to go directly for the cities you've just captured?

You might have 10 of your tanks surrounding a city, yet it will send it's entire 20 tanks after the city you captured last turn...

Some nice thoughts here. Here are mine. The time is late industrial with tanks and inf. Two transports are needed. Each transport has 1 infantry army plus one arty plus one tank plus one settler in one transport and an additional arty in the second. If you don’t have inf. Armies use 5 infantry instead for each army.

Turn one: Land everything. AI throws everything at you and hopefully you make it. Turn two: build city rush airport (from turn one. Do not wait another turn). Use Arty to disrupt AI forces and tanks for limited counter attacks. Turn three: land a zillion tanks on the airstrip while city rushes barracks. Turn 4: Attack while reinforcing your attack force.

A lot of good points here, but I don't understand why you would split your attacking force into two groups. Okay, I got it. It's to ensure that the 1HP Infantry still absorbs the attack rather than the 4HP Modern Armor, which the game would use to defend if there weren't any 4HP Infantry. Still, I'm bothered by leaving the artillery on the boat for an extra turn. Hmmm...

M@

M@

This is a very old thread, it is possible later patches changed the AI behaviour, making some of this info obsolete. I hope so because some of the AI described here is not much to write home about.

One example; I read that Civ 3 AI is much better than Civ 1 and 2. I will not do suicide attacks against a stack of units on mountains. This is also my own impression of Civ3.

Though this tactic rules, one fault is that it does not regard AI Bombers, which can break hell on your Infantry. It's best to have some mobile SAMS.

One note regarding that whole our invasion shouldn,t be allowed to attack on mountains...2nd rangers at D-Day climbed up a sheer cliff side to get to the germans at least I think it was the 2nd but it definetly was a ranger batt

Land your troops on a hill with a settler. After the AI's turn, build a town. First turn, rush an Airport. After that, you have a base, you can rush barracks, harbor, walls, culture, etc. while forging out to take enemy cities while sending tons of troops over via the airport. Here are some pictures of my most recent invasion of an enemy continent:
Spoiler :

Here is my Invasion fleet, and how they were deployed at sea:

Here is what I landed the turn after the English tried to repel them:

I am going to raze and replace almost all enemy cities, here was the first ones razed:

This was where I was at when I won by spaceship, as you can see, the invasion was going quite well.

This is a very old thread, it is possible later patches changed the AI behaviour, making some of this info obsolete. I hope so because some of the AI described here is not much to write home about.

One example; I read that Civ 3 AI is much better than Civ 1 and 2. I will not do suicide attacks against a stack of units on mountains. This is also my own impression of Civ3.

As a general rule, the AI will throw a lot of what it has at enemy units in its territory.

Landing a SOD by sea on a mountain with 100% modifier essentially gives your troops double defense, and the turn after, you can fortify them to gain even more defense.

This is a well know semi-exploit to 'bleed' the AI before fanning out to take cities. That said, it does require quite a bit of planning, shields invested in units and the neccessary economy behind it to back up such an invasion. If you ever tried doing a seaborne invasion from a position of weakness, its very likely your SoD will get overwhelmed and wiped out or take so much damage they cant go on the offensive.

This behavior may have been tweaked in C3C so that the AI will hold some units back. Certainly the airforce fix in C3C had made Bombers and airpower a bigger threat so your SOD will now also require some AA units. This means more transports, more units, more shields, more prep time all else equal.

I do not do ENOUGH large scale seaborne invasions to be able to speak with certainty. By the time I can muster the troops and unit quality/quantity to do such an invasion against an equal sized opponent or larger, I'm usually in a postion of strength so I don't think the AI's penchant for attacking my SOD on my first turn landing is going to make a difference, though it helps me cut my losses!!!.

When dealing with weaker civs, such as an isolated island Civ or Civ with a tech disadvantage, you have much more flexibility in terms of how you can to do your opening moves. I still prefer to land my troops on a high defense tile to bleed off their attackers, but it's also possible for you to land next to a coastal town, take it and camp out there.

My experience on invading an AI island/continent is that it sends pretty much everything at the invading force. My tactics are to invade with a strong enough force to take a city and then hold it while the AI looses units attacking me. Once it is pretty much fully committed, I send invading forces to hit the sides of the island/continent, with infantry/artillery stacks to take cities and fast units to destroy the AI transportation network. Generally, there is nothing or very little covering the areas attacked, and cities are taken quickly. I will keep building up my initial attack force, so that when the AI reacts to the flank attacks, I then break out of the beachhead, and catch him in a hammer and anvil. At that point, it becomes basically mopping up what is left. I do play a lot on archipelago and continent maps, where I do much better than pangaea maps.

I have modified some of the combat units, so I am not playing a straight game. I have also boosted resource and terrain yields so that I can produce pretty much one unit per turn from each of my cities. I have boosted the output of the Knight's Templar, and use the Crusaders as both assault troops and combat engineers, building roads and fortresses.

This is an old thread but after reading through it i realised a lot of the tips are based on industrial era techs. The tips are still valid, but I find it a lot harder to take a new island in the older eras, primarily because of the crapper ships.

One tip I have though, is to load onto some sort of hill for the def advantage with a few musket-men and the rest knights or UU (Beserker). The idea is to withstand their attack, attack their city, raise it, and move any surviving units back out, taking their slaves in any empty slots.

One thing you can do is move the slaves towards their offense, and the AI will waste an attack killing them.

Anyway, the civ will pretty much straight away build new city there. Take your troops home, regenerate and then do it again. This time you'll be able to hold the city (probably only size 1 or 2) and then sue for peace.

Tada! You now have a city on their continent.

The concepts relate to modern age, because that is the title of the thread. Tactics do not change that much, just the unit types involved from age to age.

You either use some form of guerilla tactics, where you hit and heal or you use beach head tactics. Where you found a town or capture one and fortify it as best as you can and repel attackers, until they are gassed.

Where to start? My main goal was global domination but with as many AI civs intact as possible, and yet no threat to me. Failed that one, every time I broke the back of an AI oponent another AI civ would come in and threaten to wipe it out.

I challenged myself to do this with no nukes and no pollution or global warming. Well I held the pollution down and kept my city count down but the global warming still got me when at some trigger point global warming truly became global and I got the red sun in my info box from other AI civs who hadn't prevented pollution or kept their city count down. I'm doubtful that global warming can be prevented unless someone can get all civs below the OCN before that trigger point. I'm not hopeful.

Anyway, that's all background. The question is can I get enough of a foothold on the Iroqouis continent to deal with the SOD for the 10-20 turns it will take to hold and get a peace agreement. I'm confident I can take 2 more coastal cities with Marine Armies and hopefully with 3 cities on the continent deal with the 2000+ mechs and armor the Iroquois have, it will be one hell of a SOD.

I'm playing the Gold (PTW) version at monarch level

wahoooooo!!!

Attachments

• war.SAV
    807.2 KB · Views: 65
Your city count will have no impact on Global Warming. Having metros, having factories, coal plants, iron works, airports will cause pollution and warming. You can hold it down with Recycle and Mass Tran in places that need them.

The real issue, if no nuking, is the AI will make factories and such in every town. The best way to do it is to take their cities and metros.

I would say you have one real chance to win and that is to crank out the 10 parts ASAP. If you wish to win by conquest, you need to trigger a nuke fest and survive that. Not sure that will work, but if you try to land they will crush you.

You just let the game go too far. You are wasting worker making outpost or towers. The best way to guard the border is to have towns on them. You could at least have had those workers make roads and rails in those tiles and use their presence to spot landings.

You are sitting on some 24 settlers, why not use them. You are holding about 19 grand, why save money?

If you had filled the land, you could have been ahead of them in all aspects. They have close to 2400 MI and MA units. If you could get rid of their nukes and drop about 30 MA armies, it could be done.

I have taken down empire bigger than this, but no nukes and I have 40 or more MA armies.

If you could land and not face nukes, you set up a trap. A town for them to send most of their troops to attack. Surround the stack with armies and let them sit there till you eliminate all their towns.

What am I saying this game was over long ago, I just noticed it is 2327 AD. May as well build up towns in every space you can on your land, do not let them land and fill the land. Do not give up a map and block any ships, if you can.

Once you fill the land, you can crank up MA units. Use all you can to rush armies from the Acad. Armies are not as good in PTW, but they still work.

Your city count will have no impact on Global Warming. Having metros, having factories, coal plants, iron works, airports will cause pollution and warming. You can hold it down with Recycle and Mass Tran in places that need them.

I've watched the sun get started in the info box with city count exceeding OCN.

You can hold pollution down but you can't eliminate it unless you don't do any of those things.

Yes, it was definitly an idealistic crusade to think I could eliminate pollution and keep population down, and thereby global warming.

If you wish to win by conquest, you need to trigger a nuke fest and survive that.

Well I survived the nuke fest, one of my cities, intentionally, is sitting on aluminum, it drew all the 15-20 nuke strikes. I have since put a town on another aluminum while I clean up the mess around the first. Interestingly there haven't been any more nuke strikes in 4 turns even though the AI has a dozem ICBMs.

You just let the game go too far. You are wasting worker making outpost or towers. The best way to guard the border is to have towns on them. You could at least have had those workers make roads and rails in those tiles and use their presence to spot landings.

IMHO, as long as I am enjoying the game its not over. Those towers ARE preventing landings, I have watched AI transports moving along the coast until they get to a tile free of towers. In war its no problem I can handle them, its peace time they are the most useful since the AI will not land where a tower is or within my borders unless they are going to declare war the next turn.

You are sitting on some 24 settlers, why not use them. You are holding about 19 grand, why save money?

The 24 settlers are excess from when I was building all those towers and containing the last AI civ on my continent. What can I say, at first I was trying to stay under OCN, but after I hit the trigger that gave me global warming anyway, I've come to like staying under the OCN and leaving land undeveloped. Who's saving money, I spend it when I need it, I'm down to 10 grand 4 turns into this war.

If you had filled the land, you could have been ahead of them in all aspects. They have close to 2400 MI and MA units. If you could get rid of their nukes and drop about 30 MA armies, it could be done.

I have no interest in competing with the computer in arbitrary programmer developed aspects, sorry. Nukes aren't a problem so far, city on aluminum takes care of them. The armies would be nice but the limitation of few cities limits the number of armies, its around 9. Just enough for the marines to take 2 cities and leave 2 in reserve.

I have taken down empire bigger than this, but no nukes and I have 40 or more MA armies.

'but no nukes' did you use them or not? I've been in the same situation, and I've won the continent using nukes, you just have to have a lot of them in range and be able to take out their SDI first. I found it messy and no fun. Armies I could take or leave, with enough artillery you can take down most anything left over after the nukes have taken out the SOD.

If you could land and not face nukes, you set up a trap. A town for them to send most of their troops to attack. Surround the stack with armies and let them sit there till you eliminate all their towns.

Wow, nukes aren't the problem, but if your trap works, it could save the day: 4 turns in and I have had to abandon 2 of my original cities, I still have 2 new ones, barely, I'm running in fear of the SOD. I don't have room to set up any funnels to knock it down by attrition. But I have been knocking out stacks of 20 to 60 MA at my secondary cities where the SOD isn't located. Here's to hoping surrounding a SOD with armies will trap it, otherwise I am in for the long road of hoping I can avoid it till I can get a peace agreement still holding on to modest gains.

I'll attach a current situation in the next day or 2. I doubt if anyone wants to see a year by year account.

"Well I survived the nuke fest, one of my cities, intentionally, is sitting on aluminum, it drew all the 15-20 nuke strikes. I have since put a town on another aluminum while I clean up the mess around the first. Interestingly there haven't been any more nuke strikes in 4 turns even though the AI has a dozem ICBMs."

I am sorry I did not take the time to give you some tactics to dwl with the nukes to a degree. First of course is to have the SDI. Second is to locate teh liekly target(s).

The AI will probably shoot at a site that has AL or UR. It often will shoot however many it launches at the one target.

What I do in the event of an nuke fest is to move all workers to save spots. Then move all units out of the 9 tile radius of the strike. Once the fest has stopped, send in enough workers for each tile to clear the pollution, road, rail and either mine or irrigate.

I want those tile back in one turn. If I have the spare workers I will add in workers to fill the town and it will be as if nothing happen in short order.

I will nuke them with a bit more effect. First hit the UR or AL sites and do it in the best way to take out as much as I can. IOW I want troops and or workers in the site.

If I strike towns or troop locations, I will use 2 or 3 nukes for that site. Three will kill all units, if they are weak units, 2 may do the job. Three will put the town to size 1 most of the time.

I will hold back nukes so that when they rush in workers to clear the mess, I will then use one nuke to kill the workers. Rinse and repeat, if needed till no workers to clear it and no more nukes, once they run out.

"Originally Posted by vmxa View Post
You just let the game go too far. You are wasting worker making outpost or towers. The best way to guard the border is to have towns on them. You could at least have had those workers make roads and rails in those tiles and use their presence to spot landings."

""IMHO, as long as I am enjoying the game its not over. Those towers ARE preventing landings, I have watched AI transports moving along the coast until they get to a tile free of towers. In war its no problem I can handle them, its peace time they are the most useful since the AI will not land where a tower is or within my borders unless they are going to declare war the next turn.""

Lets not make this personal. You ask for a response and I gave you a good one. You can do with that what you want. Yes you can play anyway you want. My point is that the game was officially over at 2050AD.

The game will be recorded as a win or a loss at that time, if no other victory conditions were met. That was all I was referring to, you can paly forever, but will the win/loss was already done.

You lost those workers making those towers, that is a waste of workers period. The towers did nothing useful. You have better ways to deal with landings. One way is to set down cavs or tanks spread along the way.

They are useful all through the game and those workers could be doing something better. If you see landing parties approach you can either move units to block landing or kill them when they land, your call. 8-10 units should handle the job with ease.

""The 24 settlers are excess from when I was building all those towers and containing the last AI civ on my continent. What can I say, at first I was trying to stay under OCN, but after I hit the trigger that gave me global warming anyway, I've come to like staying under the OCN and leaving land undeveloped. Who's saving money, I spend it when I need it, I'm down to 10 grand 4 turns into this war.""

Well my point is that 50-100 more towns would have let you get ahead and finish them off before they got so strong. Money is better spent on research or building up towns or troops to attack with. If you need a bit at some point, just lower the slider for a turn.

""I have no interest in competing with the computer in arbitrary programmer developed aspects, sorry.""

Hum, guess I wasted my time trying to help. No big deal, sorry I bothered you.

""but no nukes' did you use them or not?""

No I did not use them. I have played games posted by others that already had scores of nukes and I am very familiar with handling them.

"Wow, nukes aren't the problem, but if your trap works, it could save the day: 4 turns in and I have had to abandon 2 of my original cities, I still have 2 new ones, barely, I'm running in fear of the SOD. I don't have room to set up any funnels to knock it down by attrition. But I have been knocking out stacks of 20 to 60 MA at my secondary cities where the SOD isn't located. Here's to hoping surrounding a SOD with armies will trap it, otherwise I am in for the long road of hoping I can avoid it till I can get a peace agreement still holding on to modest gains."

Well when they have around 2400 MI/MA units, you cannot drop a town down and fill it with planes. Not even all you units will stand up to an all blitz.

I would not mess around with Marines, in fact I do not research that tech, unless they have a 1 tile town in the ocean.

I play a lot of Sid games and I always have to invade against 1000-2000 units, so I am quite use to it. The best thing I would do from the save is to move all units into the town. Abandon one of the towns and then gift the town with all the units in it.

They will all arrive in your capitol. I would go on a crash course to fill all the land with towns, while making armies as fast as I could. Do observe the nuke issue I mentioned.

If I got nuke I would do what I mentioned, in fact I may do it sooner to stop the parade at some point. This will bring on massive global warming in about 20 turns.

Once I got my armies together I would drop in at a good point. Actually two points. One is a fake and one is the trap. Set up as best as I can and make a town. Block access to the town with armies, nukes need to be nearly gone to do it.

Once they send forward the mass, trap them. Then go raze towns as fast as you can. It will be a pain as they will try to drop down replacements. It will be a real long slug fest. Very tedious, but can be done with great timing.

BTW I looked it up and Carthage won the game by Space. They are no longer in the game, but they did win.

So, if I've gathered all those comments correctly, it sounds like you don't give me much of a chance to get a 3 city foothold until peace can be called.

Our major differences of opinion seem to be around when the game ends and the usefullness of radar towers. I'm sure it is a Gold/PTW version thing that radar towers act as a barrier to landings, honest they really do. Terms like 'Officially' and 'recorded win/loss' only have meaning if you give them meaning, I chose not to. Sorry, I truly do not intend to be impertinent. Just seeking an enjoyable game!

Oh, and my 10 marine armies successfully took 2 cities protected by 7 Mechanized Infantry units. I did knock their hp down 1 each with my bombers, still it was a close thing with those veteran MI.

Attached is 'war+6.sav'

I'm still holding onto 3 cities on the Iroquois continent. I've lost one, gained one, and rebuilt one. The SOD broke into 3 stacks in turn 5, but appears to be back in a single one (its all MA) that takes over 5 minutes with the shift key held down to move. The MI and guerillas that threaten my cities are gutless, I don't bother with them unless I have a chance of killing them, stacks of 20-40, varying on what I have left in each city.

Wishing upon a star: sure could use a better interface for dealing with these big ugly stacks of mine.

Attachments

• war+6.SAV
    752.9 KB · Views: 80
1) Towers, just a waste of a worker it is not an opinion. You do not need towers, that is my point. If this was a 250x250 with 30 civs, then you may need them. PTW does not have 30 civ, but I did play 250x250.

Like I said you can put units around to see what is going on. You can and should plant towns to allow monitoring landings. Workers should be doing worker task, like roads for all that land.

2) Was is this talking about a difference about when the game end. That is just nuts. The game has a number of ending conditions. One was met and you lost. Yes you are free to play on, but the game has already ended.

3) I was only trying to response to a request you made. I was foolishly thinking you were serious, silly me. Talking about giving meaning to rules, what is that?

4) your new save is a 2333AD. You have a town on their land that they can over run any time they want. They have over 2000 MI/MA. They have many more towns and can make replaces faster than you.

5) I played from you prior save to 2336 and have killed off about 1700 of their MI and MA. I did not bother to send an invasion force, but if I did it would not be dislodged. I would expect that in about 8 turns, I would turn loose the MA armies and raze towns every turn. They are actually already toast.

6) I reiterate I responded to your post in good faith. You asked war mongers what were your chances. Well you have no real chance as you already lost. Ignoring that major point, I attempted to give you some ideas that you could incorporate that would let you go ahead and wipe them out.

7) On the point about not giving you a chance to hold 3 towns till peace. There is no real issue with that, as long as you can get peace quick. In PTW that can be done, in C3C you would not be able to do it. They made the AI a lot more resistant to a quick peace.

I do think you will not be able to hold any towns, if you cannot get peace very quickly. Not sure what good having a few towns over there will do you. Well I guess if you want to spend the next month or two taking a few towns and asking for peace.

If I land, they will be off the map in 40 turns. There is too much land to go much faster.

8) yes the NOAIPATROL would help I suspect, but I think it is only in C3C. The AI will patrol units, even when no one is around and with the 2600 or units it has even moving part of them takes time. They added the INI parm to stop that. Only problem is it stopped the barbs from patrolling as well. Still turns will take a fair amount of time.

9) You are free to do as you wish. Do not worry about being impertinent, I think we can exchange/debate issues of the game without having our feelings hurt. After all we do not even know each other.

Last I am glad you are interested enough to stick to it and good luck with the invasion.

Here is how it went:

Move all boats home. Move all units into New Thebes. Sell off all structures in New Alexandria and New Thebes.

Gift New Thebes to Hia.

This is not Conquest as it has Radio.

No factory in the capitol, no Hoover so would need to build factory and plants.

El-Amarna is the top shield city. Will do something like this to all good cities:
a) switch to factory or court
b) sell university and other structures as needed to build whatever is going up and
eventually dump University, Library.
c) look at selling off most Colosseum
d) shuffle citizens around to maximize shields
e) rail any worked tile and mine any that do not need water.

I do not see anyone with Sun Tzu, so it was razed. I would say that is the one wonder city to hold. It would save a lot of money. You are current 880gpt in support and 328gpt in maint.

Thebes has the MA and is making 33spt, need to get that to at least 100. Sell off all I can and rush the rest for a factory. We have a bright orange sun, so Warming is going to be an issue and will be problematic after the nukes fly.

I will put up a hospital in Thebes to increase the speed of armies. Armies do not have the same attributes as C3C, so they will not be able to do as much, but still better than solo units.

Filled two empty armies 10th and 11th MA. There are 9 Marine armies. Just for the record they are a complete waste. A small town will have 3 mechs or more. Fortified MI with likely a wall or maybe even a Civil Defense.

You are not going to get far with Marines in that situation and attacking coastal towns is a poor idea on a massive continent. They will swarm the place if you hold it. If you raze, they kill the army and then plant a new town.

You just cannot attack a massive nation piece meal. Even if you nuke the towns first it is not very effective.

Stuck with them now, but MI or MA armies would be vastly superior.

I start moving settlers into place to make more towns. One will be right next to a colony, so let me say clearly. Colonies are a waste of a worker, value workers. Put down a town to gain control of the resource instead.

Wow I see some how Hia has towns down on your continent. This is a consequence of not filling the land. It must have had vast area empty for a long time, so just no reason to not fill it and stop any incursions.

As I plant towns I notice we are in Democracy. BTW the game had 5 nation on a huge 60% water map. This would make things much easier on the human. This is a PTW 1.27F. I loaded it on C3C for ease of interface. In PTW Cleo was Rel and Ind. So we can revolt at some point to deal with WW issues.

I switch a few MA to ICBM. I sell off a few harbors that have no citizen working coastal tiles. I disband some jets to speed factories. My view is jets are not useful in great numbers. They are not very good at AA and you only need a few for Recon.

Hia (Hiawatha/Iroq) has about 70 jets and lots of bombers. I will try to kill them in another way. Mostly nukes and capture towns they are in and some Mobile Sams (do they exist in PTW?, flaks?).

Put all settlers in sites or actually founded a town. Used all workers to make rails. I need some roads, but I need to make one road to see how many workers are needed. I do not want to waste worker turns and I am not sure about the Ind workers in PTW. I think they are 50% faster than C3C and Demo workers are faster yet in C3C. Not sure about PTW, so need a test.

Sending all boats home for now. If we have enough turns before nukes, I want to get them in the same area.

Current counts:
MA armies 2
Marine army 9
Workers 47
Marine 52
Cav 19
MI 102
MA 112
RA 170
Cruise 26
Xport 57
Carrier 30
BB 12
Aegis 32
Jet 74
Bomber 94 (stealth)
Guerilla 9

Well transports in PTW carry 8 as they do in C3 iirc. So we want 55 slots for armies. 214 for MI and MA (269).

34 is enough for those. 23x8= 184, enough for the rest of the stuff, RA and cavs.

Now I would rather not have 94 bombers, but maybe a dozen and those shields in MA units. I do not make carriers, so I sure do not want 30. Do you know how tedious it will be to bomb 94 times per turn and 170 RA, ugh.

30 would be enough for me. Again those shields are better in MA. As I already stated, I would not research Marines nor build them. They are 8 attack and 6 defense. They cost 100 shields, so for 20 more you get attack 24 or for 10 more attack 12 and defense 18. A real waste to make and to put into an army is crazy.

Compare how much you can do with 9 MA armies compared to 9 Marines. Well the Marines cannot do anything really and they are slow.

74 jets and that is after I scrapped a dozen. They will never pay off and Stealth fighters can do better recon. Yeah they cannot do AA, guess what jets are not good at that either.

Now to go around and get factories up in some places and settlers in others. Stop any non MA build. Stop builds in non barrack towns or make a barrack. Stop those 30 or more turn builds.

Get some ICBM builds going. Good thing PTW does not have lethal bombing or those units blocking landings would be useless.

I see a couple of cities do have hospitals. I could only find three places to make settlers, so some cities will have to lose pop to crank out settlers. Looking for those with the best food.

They do not have Mass Trans in the hospital cities? Need those in all metros. Need recycle in all factory towns. Really wish you had gotten Hoovers, now will have to take the time to make plants and pay the maint.

New builds 45 towns now:

1 bank
21 factories
1 ICBM
11 settlers
2 MA

I sold off structures to speed factories and used cash to finish them, now down to 13,020. All builds are rushed.

Now maint is 188 and support is 865 with 925gpt. Some Lib/Uni are still around as the build has enough shields.

Move all units to hopefully safer spots. I wish I had 200 more workers, probably about the number used in towers and colonies.

Wow, looks like it is an all day wait for the IBT. NoAIPatrol was not in PTW.

2328AD:
Just doing recycle and settlers. 1 Factory in a place that got a court last turn. Some rushed, some not.

Going to drop a lot of income for a number of turns while I try to get out as many settlers as I can. Mainly I am going to pump up the best cities to be able to make MA or ICBMs as quick as they can.

Fact/Recycle/Manf/Hydro in most. Some will get a hospital and a Mass. Need to check to be sure they have a barracks. Do not want regular MA units. I see a number of them already. It will take about 6 turns to get this done.

Using the workers to get roads down mostly. A few rails and a mine here and there. Irrigation as well, just do not have enough workers to do it very quickly. Settler towns are first priority so they can grow back sooner.

2329AD:
The thermometer is gone, so I guess the two Mass Trans did some good added to the settlers popped in the metros.

I see there are some Iroq units on the coast. They are blocked by MI, but only 1 on each tile. That will not contain some 8 MA and once they break out they can raze a lot of undefended towns. The issue is even more precarious on the other southern coast.

He we have a long line of single MI blockers. They must have a ton of units in the area as many boats have arrived. They could break out and create a serious problem. This is why I do not allow any incursions. This is why I will want at least the whole coast settled by me.

Sorry for this, but there is no good reason to end any prior conflict, until you had cleared all presence of Hiawatha.

2334AD:
Crossed the 100 city mark finally. Waiting for the ships to get home to start the war. I will buy the plans so I can determine the optimal places to strike with my nukes. My goals are to cut UR or AL, hope they do not have too many. Then to kill as many bombers as I can. Next is to kill as many units as I can and finally do away with as many metros as I can.

In some cases one site will do more than one of those items. Maybe even all of them. They are so large I will have to kill a lot of units, before I can afford to steal plans.

One thing I have not seen in years, HIa has an Army, just one though.

2335AD:
I decided I did not want to spend forever on this game, so I DOW and launch nukes. PTW the RA does not have two moves, did not remember that. The strange thing is I captured New Oea and got to keep all the Stealth Bombers.

The ship were destroyed. You cannot capture planes in C3C, well I do not really remember any Stealth ones?

I found one AL and 1 UR and cut them. I am not sure I want to look at all the tiles for any others. I guess PTW does not have the clear map hot key as it did not work, so it would be a real pain to check the tiles. They have hundreds covered by units.

I keep trying to bomb 1HP units, but not in PTW. Those bombers all only 1 green bulb and do not say Reg/Vet or anything?

2336AD:
SDI stops 12 of 14 ICBMs as the two got the only AL hooked up. I will connect the other three. Well actually 2 and drop a town on the one already with rails. I did manage to find all the AL and UR, I think.

I must have killed around 700 MI last turn and I saw swarms of MA going into a town and nuked it. It took out more than 500. They now have 845 MI and 212. They are toast at this point. I am now 1st in cities at 116. Many of their metros are covered in goo and no longer metros. They have few bombers.

Top Bottom