Tank you

Shady

Why are you reading this?
I heard a bit that tanks are not as appreciated as foot units because they are less difficult to make. I obviously resent that because I just love tanks and I'm sure people don't really rebel against any extra tanks. So here's just a bunch of vehicles I've requested or am requesting and for people who are wondering about them they can just keep track of them here as I'll update their status.

WW2

TANKS:

German Panzer I, II, III, IV- ripptide is ripping these out but they come out with SOE

French Somua 35
French Char B1-Bis I believe i saw SM do a preview for his mod. --??
French ARL 44 I believe I saw SM do a preview for his mod. ---??

Japanese Type 97 Chi-ha
Japanese Type 4 Chi-To

Russian - ripptide is popping this out too with SOE

British Mk II, IV, V, VIII - any one of those will do
British Comet

American M3

Italian L3/33

HALFTRACKS:

German Sdkfz 250, 251 - being made by ripptide in SOE

American M3 Halftrack

POS WW2

British Challenger 1 tank
Russian T72
German Leopard 1

btw, i realize some of these were already made by recon and kentonio so don't bother. IMO those units look ok for soe/sop but would look awful next to civ style units because of messed up angles and major immobility

no one is interested in any of these? i provided links to most of them and they look pretty cool.

The PzKpfw 1-4 you know about, T-34/76, SdKfz-250, SdKfz-251 and a bunch of others are also done/being done for SOE. Some of the others are already on the "to-do" list, just no idea when they'll get done.

Yeah, there is some made (WWI tanks), but it would certainly be nice with some more. An american tank perhaps? How many actually developed tanks in WWI? A generic WWI tank would also be nice...

well, a generic ww1 tank would probably be best fit by the french renault ft 17 as early designs differed from each other highly and it would look most generic but postwar designs took more of that shape. the mk iv tank would also be good because its probablyt he most famous ww1 design and it was used widely by both sides. the a7v was low in numbers (little over a dozen) but the germans used captured mk iv tanks with painted iron crosses widely.

the U.S. just made a renamed version of the Mk VIII tank which they named Liberty.

about the development, here's another german design which fewer people might know about. it's the "Leichter Kampfwagen II" which translates to light battlecar II literally. The II comes as a sign of continuation from the "Schwerer Kampfwagen A7V" (Heavy Battlecar). It's need arose from the ineffectiveness of the A7V in battle and 580 were ordered but none reached the front-line before the war was over:

Attachments

• fwwleichter.jpg
    fwwleichter.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 89
The French made this horrible design at first; the Char Schneider. It had inadequate armor, poor ventilation, horrible vision, and the petrol gases that came from the lack of ventilation were highly hazardous to the crew. needless to say the design was abandoned and the french just ordered mark V's.

Attachments

• fwwchar.jpg
    fwwchar.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 87
The italian tank designers popped out this innovative tank; the carro fiat tipo.

It was the first one with a fully revolving turret (which the mussolini zombie tanks of ww2 neglected). it was slow (4mph) but was roomy inside and it had 8 outlets of fire meaning 8 gunners. only 2 were produced. but still interesting.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 98
Top Bottom