Tatu take on Putin

Well what do you know...

Tatu are running against Vladimir Putin in a bid to become joint presidents of Russia.

Yulia Volkova, 18, and Lena Katina, 19, have vowed to win the election battle in March.

The girls believe they can do a better job than current head of state Putin.

Tatu's spokeswoman told the Sun: "Tatu are running together. We cannot separate the girls.

"We are going to collect signatures in support of proposing them as a candidate in the presidential elections."

Yulia and Lena will have to convince officials they are eligible to run as rules state candidates must be at least 35 years old.

But the pair insist they are old enough because their combined age is 37.

Despite the singers' political ambitions, President Putin is expected to win the March 14 vote and clinch his second term in office.

Story filed: 08:16 Wednesday 31st December 2003

Yep, it is true

Don't doubt their ability to win. After all Arnold Schwargennegger DID win California, and Bush DID win the US.

Isn't there an age requirement for president of russia? AFAIK the canadian PM has to be 30 or something, and a similar age is required in the United States is it not?

EDIT: Nevermind, I reread it, must have forgotten that part from the time I read the article until I replied.

Yulia and Lena will have to convince officials they are eligible to run as rules state candidates must be at least 35 years old.

But the pair insist they are old enough because their combined age is 37.

This is just PR, if it has any truth in it.

Just when you thought politics couldn't get any wierder

They were much more entertaining when they just made out on stage.

They still wouldn't top that Russian female leader who supposedly had sex with her horses. :p

Unless that never happened and I'm just crazy. :lol:

This has to be a P.R. stunt. They can't possibly be stupid enough to believe that they actually meet the age requirement because their combined age is 37.

Or, maybe they can. Maybe they actually think that they, two teenage pop stars, have more political knowledge and ability than a professional politician. Maybe they actually believe that having a combined age of 37 is somehow equivalent to having the education, wisdom, and life experience of a person who actually is 37. If they believe that, they're too stupid to be president of Russia. If they believe that, they're too stupid to be president of their record company.

Edit:
Originally posted by cgannon64
They still wouldn't top that Russian female leader who supposedly had sex with her horses.

Unless that never happened and I'm just crazy.

The key word here is "supposedly". There's a legend that Catherine the Great had sex with horses, and even that she died while doing it. But there's no truth to it at all.

I copied and posted this on the 40kforums off-topic forum (hope you don't mind)

Here are some of thier resposnes:

Oh my dear sweet god. Things couldnt get any worse. I can just imagine Bush's meatings with them
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is going to be like the Arnold thing isn't it? Instead of actually making points and displaying opinions, they're just gonna distract the public. Arnie used film quotes, Tatu will use public displays of lesbianism.
I can see it now...
Wait a minute, why the frell am I against this?!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can see it too.
"Russia are you hiding weapons of mass destruction?"
"No, but we have presidents of mass seduction!"
Press: So, do you plan to actually do anything for Russia?
Tatu: Well, we could turn everyone on by having wild lesbian sex right now!
Press: I'm.....gonna allow this.
Press:So what are you going to do with Public funds?
Tatu: well we're getting some play toys, we've got some here, want us to show them to you?
Press: lets me just get my camera.
Tatu: *having lesbian sex*
Press: I wanna join in
Other Press: Don't You have a wife?
Press: oh look they're doing something different
Other press: really
Press: suckers oh wait :O

Thas just a few of them

Well, I support it. I want younger and (hopefully) a lot sexier leaders on my television. You know....to bring out the young voters....yeah...that's it.

It could be worse. Paris Hilton could have been the one seeking the job....

at least their PR guy is not bad, first the lesbian thing, now that

This is probably just a PR stunt, but it is fun to imagine what might happen if they win. :D

Top Bottom