Team Name

BCLG100

Music Master
Basically we are going to need a name, names from the past MTDG consist of: TNT, KISS, MIA or doughnuts (they might have had another name) but really there losing a war ;) :D.

Basically this means that the name has to be something short as chances are while we may develop a nickname this name will need to be repeated many times, therefore a shorter name is best.

Team AWOL is just an idea i thought of, quick easy to spell and remember is the main reason.

AWOL was like MIA... gives to many opportunities for people to make bad puns.

To be honest I don't mind "alpha" but that is fairly unorigional.

I don't like the idea of AWOL, it's too much Like MIA, this is not team MIA, this is entirely different. How about PEN? It's mightier than the sword, and we can think of something it stands for later.

ybbor said:
I don't like the idea of AWOL, it's too much Like MIA, this is not team MIA, this is entirely different. How about PEN? It's mightier than the sword, and we can think of something it stands for later.

Isnt very imposing, didnt think about connection between MIA and AWOL when i came up with it tbh, how about FUBAR?

FUBAR or SNAFU.

I don't have any ideas at the moment although PEN sounds good, not sure if they would let us have FUBAR. Whatever name we choose we should stay away from the civ3 MTDG names, this is a new team so we should come up with something new :)

Meleager said:
AWOL was like MIA... gives to many opportunities for people to make bad puns.

To be honest I don't mind "alpha" but that is fairly unorigional.

ive been thinkin about it and 'alpha' isnt so bad.

BCLG100 said:
ive been thinkin about it and 'alpha' isnt so bad.

yeah, I wouldn't mind alpha, but I still like Pen. It makes us look smart :)

Spoiler :
even foxtrot agrees with me! this was yesterday's foxtrot (after I had originally suggested the name) It;s a sign From Rik!

How about Omega. We're the Alpha and Omega, baby!

Or maybe if you don't like Alpha, how about First Team, or some variation of that theme? I can't think of anything good right now, but I know there's something out there like that.

Omega has a nice "evil" tone to it.

Wasnt there the psi corps squadron on Babylon 5 the omega squadron. ( God I hope I didnt geek my self out with that one.)

Maybe it was seeing the olympics, and with the talk ove the PEN being mighter than the sword and all that, but what about Fortius or something similar as a name for the team to add a bit of anicient flavour

Edit- Just noticed a polls been started but i guess its not too late to change our minds now

k well with other about to win the poll, guess this discussion will have to be revived, i like the aloha idea oagersnap proposed but what is everyone elses thoughts?

Abstinia has a certain appeal..we could vote that in all the UN polls....

I really dont have a preference.

Top Bottom