1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Team Piffle

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by BCLG100, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Kuningas

Kuningas Chieftain

Banking is required for Replaceable Parts. Try to get it but do not give them any gold.

2. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Yeah but innovia already have it, i'd much prefer we give innovia or even loco things for it than piffle.

3. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

Had my chat with killercane

So there you go. I know we have no interest in paying piffle anything but i was just trying to weed out as much info as possible out of them.

It seems they are or Epsilon are doing Constitution, no doubt the other half of their research is focused on getting rifleing.

So what do we think of wines for dyes? I know we said no trading of happiness in the deal with Innovia but then i don't recall them saying anything about planning to attack Loco.

Anyway i wouldn't mind lulling them into a false sense of security just before we strike

4. Robi D

Hello?

Any thoughts, do we trade wines for dyes or not?

5. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

Can we try stalling them? Can we trade it to anyone else?

Piffle has a larger empire, iirc, so any resource trades are going to help them build units more than it will help us. Unless we're within 10 turns of attacking, I don't think we should do this. If another team has the ability to take our resource, we should make the two teams increase their offers. It will give the appearance of wanting to trade with Piffle without actually giving them anything.

6. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

we dont really need wines at all from memory, the only big city that might need it is the capital which already has the globe.

7. Robi D

I was suggesting more as a way to make Piffle think we are not going to attack them rather than any particular need for them

8. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Yeah, but then the giving them happy will only benefit them in games turns, maybe we should just try and keep up the chatter?

9. Robi D

Ok, i will employ some time wasting tactics in telling them no deal:)

10. robboo

robboo Chieftain

use the "factions" of our team as another delay tactic. I posted to that effect on the Pineapple thread.

11. killercane

killercane Chieftain

Ya know this is funny. You guys kept getting mad at our cooperation with epsilon (which contributed to their win for sure), but we had very little cooperation from you guys but especially not Innovia. Lets look at Robi's points:

1. If you reread post #48 above (me talking to Simon) I said I would talk to the team TWICE about the proposed deal. I still dont know how you guys went ahead and traded whatever when we never agreed? Why gripe at Piffle?
    2. Dont know anything about; I thought it was a good trade but got nixed for god knows what.
    3. True! But we did trade with Epsilon, they just had more contacts and traded more...
    4. We offered land split of Epsilon in an attack.
    5. Im dumb.
    6. Again that was a team thing, we proposed the deal but there was no follow up and you guys got angry for no reason, see #1 above.

If you read our forum we wanted to get a coalition against Epsilon the whole darn game, but you and Innovia would never get on board. Ya cant blame us for dealing with Epsilon as they were the only ones who would trade with us!

Edit: 3 times I said I had to see what the team wanted!
    casey j says:
    i posted that in the forums, we will see what the team says
    Simon says:
    that'd leave us about 100 beakers in your debt i think
    casey j says:
    hmm let me see what the team thinks
    casey j says:
    let me get some feedback and i will track you down and we can get this done