1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Team Piffle

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by BCLG100, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

This was in our gmail box

Now i don't see what the issue is with our scout. Frankly their scholars arn't particularly bright IMHO.

I don't see why we should pander to them on this issue. First our scout was there before they even built the city. Second, it a scout not half our army and finally we do have an open borders agreement and when the agreement was made there was no mention of restrictions.

Bascially if they don't like it they can always end the OB, but then they have more to lose at the great lighthouse needs OB's to be effective so they can get stuffed.

However we have to act nice and give them a good reason to zip it. I'll be heading off tomorrow so i wont be around to discuss a response so here is my suggestion

Feel free to use/discard as you see fit.

By playing the epsilon card it will give us an insight into whether they are really eager to attack them or not. Also if they want to go and place major restrictions on the OB then we can say no thanks and cancel it. They have more to lose than we do since the GL is useless without trade routes.

See you all when i get back:)

2. Robi D

Ok having loaded the save all i can say is WTF!?!

Given Piffle's letter i assumed our scout was in their borders, but not only is he not in them he is nowhere near them!:mad: I mean are they trying to piss us off:crazyeye:

Having seen the position of our scout i would change my suggested response to this:

3. robboo

robboo Chieftain

They are actt like a team with something to hide. Supposedly we are supposed to be their great help against Epsilon.

I say we close borders if they disagree with the traveling through their territory.

4. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

No we leave em open-maybe close if they come near- i'll send that letter if its cool robi?

5. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

convo i had with cane before- key is that they want a NAP, im not quite sure how to go about avoiding this :D

6. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Simple..we are not interested in long term deals until we know where everyone is at. Besides according to this its just Tubby talking.

How long before we can attack them??? That gives us all teh time we need to agree to. Say we need 20 turns. Then we agree to 20 turns off NAP then we tellthem nah we dont want to get tied down...and then we kill them.

OR we just say we dont want any long term deals that or not enforceable in the game. The only way to enforce deals is with "code" generated deals..therefore. NO deal. ( this is my favorite...since you can defend it by saying we dont want to be backstabbed...)

In additon...Tubby coudl have sadi "we coudl go either way with Epsilon...so be our friend or else. he basically threathened you in a passive aggresive manner. Which is very Tubby like in diplo..

7. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

yeah but as i said, that was cane= killercane.

8. robboo

robboo Chieftain

opps..wrong casey. same result. :)

9. robboo

robboo Chieftain

UPDATE from Sweet...

They seem to be getting a bit annoyed with us. The scout questions was mainly due to what they preceive as a lack of willinginess on our part to trade and a high value of 15gpt for the resource. We are making them nervous

I said that we offered high in hopes of negotiation and tech-wise we are not able to trade somethings due to previous deals.

I suggest that BC talk to them and calm them down a bit. We need to get them to relax so they are less than prepared for our attack. I suggest doing it by email so that they not bring up the NAP. Also do it without suggestign you knwo they are nervous. Mayeb something that says we are just sending this message to let you know we are still here if you have any offers. We hope you reconsider our resource offer perhaps if the price is too steep you could give us a counter offer.

10. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Ive been talking to cane regular-we have a pbem going. Nothing special has come up.

11. Kuningas

Kuningas Chieftain

We could propose tech swap Music for Paper. Beaker cost is equal (858).

12. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I'll bring it up next time im talking to cane

13. Robi D

I would also make a point that happiness resources arn't easy to come by in this game so 15gpt isn't unresonable. If they can trade one back to us then thats fine.

14. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I have told them that already- they still felt it was very steep.

15. robboo

robboo Chieftain

did they offer a counter offer??

Can we just hurry up and kill them... I am ready for some action.

16. Robi D

Ok i'm running a little low on inspiration, this is what i've got so far.

Anyone got any ideas?

17. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

thats about all i can think of, maybe congratulate them on reaching liberalism first?

18. Robi D

I can add that to pad out the letter a little:)

19. Robi D

How is that? Lame joke i know, but i can't think of anything funnier that does not involve us crushing Piffle with our mighty Cossaks

20. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Got this from piffle before, maybe include this

tbh i cant see a great desire for it i think they're just using it to start convo/make us look bad for not wanting it.