1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Team Piffle

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by BCLG100, Aug 3, 2006.

1. robboo

robboo Chieftain

well if they lied about meeting everyone...should we trust them on other more important things.

Look I am not saying they are not trustworthy BUT they may be playing a "bad guys" game. I am just starting not to trust them as much as Dutchs teams

2. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

i know what you mean but maybe he was mistaken or something.

either way we all acknowledge that right now innovia is our prime ally.

3. robboo

robboo Chieftain

OK...fine with me.

We just need to watch them closely...I hate giving them techs for techs later on

4. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

Yeah, diplomacy was never cane's strong suit. In the civ3 mtdg he managed to ruffle MIA on a number of occasions. I tried to explain diplomacy sledgehammer style isn't really diplomacy. I think he forget that unlike civ3 where you needed an embassy, in civ4 we can see if 2 civs we know have met each other. Anyway we will see what they say to the deal

5. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Ok I had more time than I thought at work. i am playing a PBEM with Sweetaschon of Piffle. We were talking about Epsilons lead. So I decided to just ask a flat out question. And he responded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RB: Gold for tech I dont like(hence why i hate epsilons tech "buying/selling" offers.) This is referring to an in PBEM trade

Sw: I know what you mean. They are a slimy bunch. OK, we'll keep those beakers in the bank.

RB: So off the record...
    Have you guys figured out a good way to get rid of the threat of Epsilon.

SW: Right... off the record... We haven't.I think maybe dogpile is the way to go, because their stats are just too good. I noticed their capital grew to something like 11 or 12 recently... and we are still mired around 7. They would be absolutely cranking out the beakers, so no chance there. The trouble is that their diplo is great,and anytime anyone even mentions having a crack at them, say if we notice their prod levels are down, they will always slime in with a deal thats too good to be true and then snare you with ongoing propositions... I'm sure you know from the big pitboss how DaveMcW acts.

You are NOT allowed to post any of this, and this is my opinion, but we are keeping a fairly large deterent army together, and frankly the team is sitting on the fence about what to do with Epsilon, however, if war broke out in a meaningful way, most of Piffle could probably be persuaded to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak. Our main trouble is the lack of knowedge.. umm.. exploration of the land. I push and push for more scouting, but it doesn't seem to happen. It is hrd to plan anything if you don't know where they are!

RB: So do you think you have a big enough army to effectively attack them. I think we all agree they must die. We are building up our army to higher levels now that our Wonder is done. With Robi D and kuningas playing turns it is hard not to have every thing explored. IS whomp and tubby running the team because they both have shown a lack of exploring in their games that i have played with and against them.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I will keep you updated if I get more info. I trust him to be telling the truth. Also can I have the secret title of Spy. :) I may be or look unethical in posting this off the record communication BUT team first.

6. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Hmm im not so sure i like the whole off the record thing and then posting- its just my personal opinion but if i said off the record and someone posted it i would be most displeased.

7. robboo

robboo Chieftain

My call...and I am loyal to a fault to my team. I gave no info nor would I about our team...

Rule number 1...never send an email if you have info in it you dont want any one to find out about.

8. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

No i understand that- just my personal view, hope you understand :)

got this from whomp
    What's he getting at, has the galley been sitting waiting anywhere? think its just a way of us giving them an offer for techs :)

9. robboo

robboo Chieftain

new update....

basically No offensive army yet. They are "linked by a land bridge" with them and this hinders an attack due to the amount of travel. Tubby and whomp are running things. Conroe is the TP now...he is better with exploring than whomp. Sweet is a bit exasperated.

So basically they sound divided and in turmoil and they dont expect us to attack.

10. Robi D

Off the record never ment much to MIA:lol: Then again i knew this so everytime i wanted to bs big time i would go off the record;)

Having a look at the save i believe it because the ship may have ended the turn in one of piffles cities, kuningas can confirm this. I think the message was more of an excuse to start some talks.

11. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

hmmm well still who knows :)

12. robboo

robboo Chieftain

tell them that the scout was there before they settled that city. AND since he cant just swim back home he will continue to look around so that he earns his pay check. tell him kuningas refuses to allow a unit just to sit but if they are willing to give us their map we would gladly gift them the scout..

13. Robi D

Here is the latest offer from Piffle

Interesting offer what do we think?

14. robboo

robboo Chieftain

how would that leave us...beakerwise.

Also throw in the no trading to Epsilon bit.

15. Kuningas

Kuningas Chieftain

Epsilon has all four techs.

btw. I guess tech offer should be Drama and Music for Compass and Paper? not Compass and Theology as is written in Robi's quote. Anyway we don't need Theology since we have it already.

16. Kuningas

Kuningas Chieftain

In according with war academy beaker costs are:

Drama 300
    Music 600
    Paper 600
    Theology 500
    Compass 400

17. robboo

robboo Chieftain

ok lets do it... then if they allow it, trade to the others.

18. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

so that ok then?

19. Robi D

Yes:)

Also given robboo talks with sweet i thinking a map trade wont be to our benefit if we believe him

20. robboo

robboo Chieftain

i agree..

Also if we are going hit them... they have less idea about our lay out than we do of theres thanks to the scout. I think we sit on the map.