Tech Tree Help

Kal-El, thanks for pointing me to the tutorial.

Unfortunately though, its confusing (at least to me), and some of the steps (9 through 11 or 12ish), seem very repetitive and are confusing me even more.

Proc, I can help you with the tech for your Civil War if you want me to. I'm feeling much more comfortable with it now, let me know.

Pap

Well, I think I'm figuring out that some of the steps, I don't need to do and are just filler or something.

I've managed to paste the grid onto a blank advisor screen, and now I'm going to figure out how big each box will be and stuff.

Ok I've now got that part figured out...now comes the fun of aligning the boxes.

What would be the fun part then? The instructions on the tutorial I'm looking at (Kal-el pointed me to) aren't making much sense to me at all.

Alright now I've got all the boxes placed where I want them.....on the "grid", which is layered onto the blank science advisor screen. And the boxes are sized with the normal civ techs, based on how many units/buildings are given with each tech. So all I have left is plotting arrows.

real quick? It took me about 45 minutes total to align 38 boxes on the grid where I wanted them, and most of the boxes are 2 different sizes, 3 sizes total.

Well, now I'm going back and putting in the X,Y coordinates into the .bic file.

I already had a sketched out chart of my techs on paper, so it was a matter of fitting the boxes to conform to that. I did have to make several adjustments though, due to the largest box size.

23 out of 38 placed, and it looks good in-game! :) Once I get the other 15 placed, then its just the arrows to do (which will be a pain, I've left little room between techs, cause I'm cramming 38 techs into one era).

Going to post a preview of all 38, as I just did all the coordinates. Testing now.

Ok, here is the tree.

I'm going to make a couple of changes though.

1) Advanced Infantry Tactics and Advanced Repeating Rifle are going to move left some.

2) Advanced Carbines will be placed under Advanced Repeating Rifle.

Oh, and the arrows aren't accurate, they haven't been redone yet.

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 62
and that yawning hole on the left side, going up and down, is because a few of those techs should be longer than they are showing up.

Revised version, as there's going to be a couple of long snaking arrows on the far right and I needed more room.

There is more room on the far right, but I cut it off to save a few KB's, as it is, that image is 94.9 KB, at 75% of normal size.

Top Bottom