• Shattered

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • Hyronymus

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Abstain

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So if you haven't voted, I strongly urge you to give someone new a chance!

Amen to that!

I will give just about any first time person the benefit of the doubt. Someone had to give me a chance, why shouldn't I return the favor? There are a few people that I did not vote for due to past performance. DP's are there to follow legal instructions, even if they don't agree with them. Some on this list have had issues with that. They won't get my vote until I'm confident they've changed.
How would you know if they changed if you dont give them the chance that they have changed? In recent times, my mindset has shifted gears to "Actions speak louder than Words". But in the elections, that method is very hard to do because I know that my words mean nothing unless I put into it action. Would you be willing to give someone a chance to prove themself that they have improved and change, even if they had a unflattering performance as a DP in the past? Even the Japanese Proverb in my signature reflects that people do make mistakes and fall but they do get up from it. "Fall Seven times but get up eight" is a strong motivater for me, especialy in this Demogame.

How would you know if they changed if you dont give them the chance that they have changed? In recent times, my mindset has shifted gears to "Actions speak louder than Words". But in the elections, that method is very hard to do because I know that my words mean nothing unless I put into it action. Would you be willing to give someone a chance to prove themself that they have improved and change, even if they had a unflattering performance as a DP in the past? Even the Japanese Proverb in my signature reflects that people do make mistakes and fall but they do get up from it. "Fall Seven times but get up eight" is a strong motivater for me, especialy in this Demogame.

You can give advice as the gameplay progresses. If it's good enough, and you provide personal experience (i.e. succession games, other games, etc.) that worked, then people might notice. When you first started in the Civ4 demogame, you didn't even have the game, and people know you don't have as much experience. Some have more experience than others - some are even lucky enough to have been in the beta and have up to two more years of experience.

I wish people would tell me why they didn't vote for me. Did I do a bad job of DPing, or or was it because I wasn't very active in the creating the rules part. Not knowing why I didn't get the job is worse than the fact I didn't get it. PM me if you have to, I want to know so I can change. This is like getting a review at work without having the ability to see the comments on my review.

And I think I'll challenge this poll because it was too confusing. Return of the hanging chad! (I'm kidding, unlike certain political people, I won't use the courts to overturn the votes.)

I agree that it would be nice to know why someone did or didn't vote for me. Knowing the reason helps to see our strengths and weaknesses and is something I'd like to know and learn by. With any luck, I'd like people to PM me and state their reason.

On the other hand I can see why someone wouldn't. It can cause trouble by those who have trouble with constructive criticism, or who have trouble making their criticism sound constructive. I know of a couple I'd like to PM to inform them why I voted for them, but I believe its best to do so after the polls have closed. I considered doing the same to those I didn't vote for, but I hesitate to do so without knowing if they want it or not. I figure everyone likes to hear good things.

Not knowing why I didn't get the job is worse than the fact I didn't get it.

There are still over 25 hours to go and lots more people registered than have voted, so it's hard to say what will happen.

I know of a couple I'd like to PM to inform them why I voted for them, but I believe its best to do so after the polls have closed. I considered doing the same to those I didn't vote for, but I hesitate to do so without knowing if they want it or not. I figure everyone likes to hear good things.

I would like to know your reasons for voting for me/not voting for me. Your a veteran of this game so anything you could tell me would be appreciated!

I'd like to now why so many people voted for me.

Just to clarify, I'm not a veteran of the Demogame. I played maybe two terms of DGI and thats it. A little experienced maybe, but not a veteran.

I'm a veteran of the game, and I've also tested the game as it was being made, too - almost 2 years before it was released.

Well msot of the people who were just under the cut-off have been pushed above 60%, just have to get Hyronymus about 8% more.
I will have to admit, I thought that I would not make it within the 60% region after seeing my slot rise up to 60 then fall to 50 and then back up to 60.

dutchfire 36 92.31%
Methos 29 74.36%
Ravensfire 33 84.62%
GeorgeOP 24 61.54%
Chieftess 28 71.79%
Falcon02 25 64.10%
DaveShack 31 79.49%
CivGeneral 24 61.54%
Shattered 24 61.54%
Hyronymus 21 53.85%
Abstain 6 15.38%

I won [party]
Congrats to everyone who got elected!
And Hyronymus, please try again next time, if 3 more people who voted against you had voted for you, you'd have the required percentage too.

So, what's next? Chieftain setting up the thread?

Congratulations to dutchfire, methos, Ravensfire, GeorgeOP, Chieftess, Falcon02, DaveShack, CivGeneral and Shattered who all qualified for the Designated Player pool!

The initial DP order is:
  • dutchfire
  • Ravensfire
  • DaveShack
  • Methos
  • Chieftess
  • Falcon02
  • GeorgeOP
  • CivGeneral
  • Shattered
-- Ravensfire, Election Officer

I'll try again, dutchfire, don't worry ;). Against experienced demog ame players I didn't think a total newcomer would stand much chance so I'm thrilled with the 53.85% I received :). Good luck to everyone who did make it (and be warned: I'll have my eyes on you :D).

Top Bottom